Simply Inspired Cinnamon Apple MuffinsBy Elisa - Jenny Craig
Watch Shiella K., a real Jenny Craig member, follow this simple recipe to bake delicious Cinnamon Apple Muffins using Jenny Craig's Apple Crisps. Follow along and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 Jenny Craig Apple Crisps
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 large apples, chopped into cubes (Red Delicious or Granny Smith is preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F and grease the muffin tin with olive oil or use muffin tin liners.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix the defrosted Jenny Craig Apple Crisps, cubed apples, and lemon juice in a food processor.
4. In medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients with Jenny Craig Apple Crisps, cubed apples, and lemon juice.
5. Combine ingredients in medium bowl with dry ingredients in the large bowl. Mix together well.
6. Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, fill the muffin tins 75% of the way full.
7. Place the tin in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
8. Cool for 30 minutes on a rack before eating and enjoying.
Per serving / makes 12 muffins
Per muffin: ½ Fruit, ½ Starch, ½ Protein, 2 Fat
Recipe submitted by Lindsay B. from Beaufort, South Carolina.
Edited by Elisa - Jenny Craig