This delicious baked pear crumble is so easy to make! Sweet, juicy pears are filled with a crisp and crunchy mixture of oats, walnuts, coconut, flax seed and spices. After just 15 minutes in the oven, this dessert is ready to enjoy. Top your pear with a creamy whipped topping and a drizzle of syrup for a decadent treat! This recipe makes enough for eight servings.
If you are on the Jenny Craig program, check with your consultant before making any swaps or changes to your plan to ensure you stay on track!
Makes 8 servings.
- 1 Jenny Craig Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 packet Jenny Craig Breakfast Syrup
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe pears
- Whipped topping, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, walnuts, shredded coconut, flax seeds, and cinnamon. Pulse until finely ground.
- Add the vanilla, and pulse until just combined. The mixture should hold together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the cores. With a paring knife, cut a “v” shape around the edges of the stem, cutting downward on an angle. Remove the stems.
- Set the pears in a baking dish, cut-side up. Fill each with ¼ cup (30 grams) of the crumble topping, pressing lightly into the pears.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the pears are tender when pierced with a paring knife.
- Add whipped topping and a drizzle of Jenny Craig syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.