Holiday Hacks – Salisbury Shepherd’s PieBy Stephanie E - Jenny Craig
Celebrate the fall season with our #HolidayHacks! Try our hearty & healthy Salisbury Shepherd’s Pie recipe. Let us know what you think!
- 1 package Jenny Craig Cheddar Cheese Crisps (crumbled)
- Jenny Craig Salisbury Steak
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of diced onions
- 5 mushrooms (diced)
- ½ cup mixed frozen vegetables (thawed)
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Microwave Jenny Craig Salisbury Steak for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of cauliflower with potatoes from entrée. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Mash cauliflower and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of chicken broth and 1/8 teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Crumble Salisbury Steak with a fork. Place in a pan sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Add diced onions, mushrooms, thawed vegetables, dried sage, rosemary, and thyme, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ¼ cup chicken broth, and vegetables from entrée.
- Sauté for 5 minutes. Place filling into a 6” ramekin.
- Top with cauliflower mash. Sprinkle with crumbled Jenny Craig Cheddar Cheese Crisps and ½ teaspoon of parsley.
- Broil on low for approximately 2 minutes or until top is golden.
If you are on the Jenny Craig program, use the guide below when considering your other meals for the day. Check with your consultant before making any swaps or changes to your plan to ensure you stay on track!
Salisbury Steak (1 starch, ½ vegetable, 2 protein, 1½ fat)
Cheddar Cheeses Crisps (1 starch, 1 fat)
Frozen Vegetables and Vegetables from Entrée (2 vegetables)
Cauliflower, Onions, Mushrooms Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Worcestershire Sauce, Parsley (7 Fresh & Free Additions)
Ketchup (1 limited food)
Edited by Stephanie E - Jenny Craig