Heads up: BBQ jackfruit might be the easiest recipe you try this week! A little savory and a little sweet, this BBQ jackfruit recipe makes a delicious topping for a hearty baked potato. Jackfruit “pulled pork” has a tender, meaty texture that pairs perfectly with your favorite barbecue sauce. Amp up the flavor with a dash of spices, and serve it over a Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato for a complete meal!
If you're following the Jenny Craig program, check with your consultant before making any swaps or changes to your plan to ensure you stay on track!
Makes 1 serving (Jackfruit makes about 4 half-cup servings.)
Total Per Serving: 2 ½ starch, 1 ½ protein, 1 fat, ½ fruit
- 1 17-oz. can green jackfruit in water or brine, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika, regular or smoked
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato
- Rinse and drain the canned jackfruit well. Remove and discard any seeds from the jackfruit pieces. Use your fingers or a fork to tear apart the larger pieces of jackfruit to "shred" them. Also, you can discard or finely chop any larger, tougher stem-like pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the jackfruit and spices, stirring them together. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant and the jackfruit is browned slightly.
- Add the barbecue sauce. If needed, add water or vegetable broth to thin out the sauce enough to cover everything. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lid, return the heat to medium again, and continue simmering for about 5 more minutes, until the sauce is nicely thickened.
- Heat up the Loaded Baked Potato according to package and fill with ½ cup of jackfruit. Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions or chives if desired. Refrigerate the remaining jackfruit to add to another meal.
- 1 17-oz. can green jackfruit in water or brine, rinsed and drained – 1 ½ Fruit
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin – Fresh & Free
- ½ teaspoon paprika, regular or smoked – Fresh & Free
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder – Fresh & Free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – 2 ½ Fat
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce – 2 Starch
- Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato – 2 Starch, 1 ½ Protein, ½ Fat
- BBQ Jackfruit = 1 ½ fruit, 2 ½ fat, 2 starch
Jackfruit makes approximately 4 half-cup servings = ½ fruit ½ fat, ½ starch
Edited by Stephanie E - Jenny Craig