5 easy ways to maximize your movementBy Jenny Craig
Do you feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to work out? Is your schedule maxed out with no time for you? Relax and remember that every step counts. Every time you move your body, you burn calories. When you walk the dog, clean the house or run errands you could be getting closer to your weight loss goal.
Here are five easy tips to maximize the activities you're already doing:
1. When cleaning, put on some fast music and move to the groove. You might finish the cleaning more quickly, freeing up your time for something else. And you'll be burning more calories to help you lose weight.
2. You burn more calories standing than sitting, so take standing breaks whenever you can. You could also try standing up during conference calls.
3. Take the long way to the bathroom or kitchen. Always take the stairs between floors. Try to squeeze in a 10-minute walk on your lunch break. You'll clear your mind as well as burn some calories.
4. When running errands, park as far away from the entrance of the store as you can, and power walk in and out. When the kids do their after-school activities, why not get involved too? You can walk around the field or area outside their class while they are occupied. Make it your habit to keep moving whenever possible.
5. No time to get to a class or the gym? Workout at home with an exercise DVD, resistance bands or free weights. You can even use a simple chair for some triceps work!
Remember, any activity is good activity. Look for little ways to burn a few extra calories every day and it will add up to feeling better and getting you closer to your weight loss goals.
Edited by Kari - Jenny Craig