Jenny Craig News
We’re delighted to announce the third anniversary of our Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest, where you can take one of the over 100 menu items provided by Jenny Craig and add some flare with Fresh & Free Additions to craft a new recipe that falls within your meal plan. So roll up your sleeves and remix your dish in a creative way.
Here are some tips to follow to help you effectively design a recipe to enter our Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest, where, if selected, you can win $3,000 and have your recipe included in our Simple Inspirations recipe book*
Before crafting your recipe, consider the following to help your success:
1. Do a Creative Brainstorm. Talk to your consultant to confirm your recipe’s ingredients fit into your menu plan.
2. Think about the category where your recipe would best fit. There are 5 categories to choose from:
Lunch and Dinner
Shakes and Sides
Desserts & Shakes
Fresh & Free Additions (If you’re entering the Fresh & Free category, you don’t need to include a Jenny Craig food in your recipe, but you do need food from the list of Limited Free Foods.) <br>
3. Shoot high quality images or have a good camera. Capture the quality—and appeal—of your recipe by taking advantage of natural light when shooting.
3. Document every ingredient and preparation step as you create the dish. This way, you’ll be listing everything in the right order and won’t forget anything.
4. Be creative with your recipe name. Make it as appealing and fun to say as it is to eat.
Now that you’re ready to document your recipe, make sure to:
5. Monitor your measurements. Measure all your ingredients with standardized cups and measuring spoons. Be exact, especially with seasonings – there’s a big difference between 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne powder! Also, note pinches, dashes and “to taste” notes for finishing the dish, such as for salt and pepper. <br>
6. Be specific about the type of ingredients.
Did you use a non-stick cooking spray or olive oil in your recipe – taste, calories and food groups will vary, depending on your choice.
7. Note how ingredients are prepared – for instance, fresh, frozen or canned. Did you use fresh spinach leaves or frozen chopped spinach, fresh tomatoes or a can of diced tomatoes?
8. When documenting preparation steps, be clear on how you cut ingredients. With each one, did you chop, slice or dice?
When filling out the forms, remember to:
9. Add each ingredient in separate lines. List the ingredients in the same order as you name them in the preparation steps. If your recipe has more than 7 steps, include further numbered steps in the “Additional Steps or Comments” field.
10. Include recipe prep time and cook time. Prep time is the period you spend cutting and preparing all the ingredients. Cook time is when everything is transferred to the oven, microwave, or stovetops.
11. Specify heat levels. Did you sauté, simmer, boil, bake at 350°, roast at 450° or broil at 500°? Name a prep time, plus a descriptor, for example: “Sauté onions for 10 minutes or till golden brown”.
Additional prizes can include $1,500 toward a high-end digital camera, $1,000 of gourmet cookware, Jenny Craig swag and so much more!*
Looking for inspiration? Check out last year’s winning recipe, then get cooking. Good luck!
The Simple Inspirations Contest will be taking submission from July 17, 2017 – August 13, 2017. A voting period of the semi-finalists will be between August 28, 2017-September 10, 2017. A winner will be chosen in each category on October 23, 2017 and, if selected, will receive $3,000 and have their recipe included in our new Simple Inspirations recipe book, which will be available beginning in 2018!
*To be eligible for the Member Category, you must: (a) be a legal resident of the 50 United States, DC, Puerto Rico or Canada (excluding Quebec and Arizona) and (b) 21 years of age or older at time of entry and (c) have a non-expired Jenny Craig program; program renewal or purchase may be required to participate. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on 8/13/17. Void where prohibited. Prizes: (5) Member Prizes - a $3,000 USD check or gift card, and Jenny Craig Goodies (ARV: $3,050 USD ea.); (2) Employee Prizes - a $2,000 USD check or gift card and Jenny Craig Goodies (ARV: $2,050 USD ea.); (1) Bonus Prize - a $1,000 USD check or gift card, and gourmet cooking/baking goodie bag to include pans, pots, and other kitchen and baking utensils to be awarded as a gift card or actual items (ARV: $2,000 USD); (1) Bonus Prize - a $1,000 USD check or gift card, and $1,500 to purchase a high-end digital camera and lenses to be awarded as a gift card or actual items (ARV: $2,500 USD). See Official Rules (by which all entrants are bound) for online voting information and complete details at http://www.jennycraig.com/simpleinspirations or http://bit.ly/SimpleInspirationsContestRules.