Call
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiration ·

Like Mother, Like Daughter: How Susan and Stephanie I. Lost Almost 100 lbs. on Jenny Craig Together*

By Stephanie E - Jenny Craig

*Weight lost on Classic program. Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week. Susan lost 47.5 lbs. and Stephanie lost 48 lbs. on the Classic Program. Susan and Stephanie received promotional consideration. 

Ever wonder what it’s like to join Jenny Craig? Explore a day in the life of actual Jenny Craig members and read their inspiring stories as we highlight different journeys throughout the year. In their own words, they’ll share their favorite foods, activities and creative tips that help them develop healthier habits and reach their weight loss goals.

Susan and Stephanie are a mother and daughter duo who made the incredible commitment to lose weight together! Susan and Stephanie joined Jenny Craig with the same weight loss goals, thinking the journey would be easier to navigate with someone else by their side. Losing weight as a team allowed them to build a strong support system where they could encourage each other and stay accountable. Stephanie and Susan bonded over making meals, attending workout classes, going on walks, and enjoying each other’s company.

Read on to find out their best tips, favorite foods and more. 

7:00 - 7:30 a.m. Starting the day off with some activity
woman working out on elliptical for weight loss

Susan: I like to work up a sweat first thing in the morning. I feel so much healthier since losing almost 50 pounds with Jenny Craig!* My weight loss success motivates me to stay active and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have a workout room in my basement with an elliptical machine for cardio and I stream videos for my strength training workouts. Sometimes I’ll go swimming for my workout and then relax in the hot tub. I feel so much more confident in my swimsuit now!

*Weight lost on Classic program. Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week. Susan received promotional consideration.

Susan’s pro tip: I like to follow up my workouts with a Jenny Craig Vanilla Cream Shake. It’s a great post-workout drink and fuels me for the day ahead.

two women smiling at camera

Stephanie: Jenny Craig has helped me in so many ways. Before starting the program, I didn’t have much confidence in myself or the way I looked. After being on the program, a year later and almost 50 pounds lighter*, I not only feel that I look better – I just feel better. Ever since I started the program I’ve been going to the gym, playing more volleyball, and have even gotten myself back into the dating world.

*Weight lost on Classic program. Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week. Stephanie received promotional consideration.

Stephanie’s pro tip: I like to start my day off with some sort of activity. Whether that’s going for a jog, taking a dip in the pool or taking our dog, Bonnie, for a walk, it helps me feel energized and ready for the day. It can be a struggle to get up extra early in the morning, but once I’m done with my workout I feel so much better. 

7:30 - 8:00 a.m. Time for breakfast

Jenny-Craig-Breakfast-Waffles.jpg

Susan: My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. The waffles are one of my favorites! I add sliced banana and pour the Breakfast Syrup over them. It’s so satisfying. Another one of my favorites (I have many because the Jenny Craig breakfasts are so good!) is the Egg, Cheese & Turkey Sausage Burrito and I pair it with a side of fruit like an orange. Sometimes I add salsa to give it a little kick. 

Susan’s pro tip: If I’m running short on time, I’ll heat my burrito up, wrap it in foil and take it with me so it’s easy to eat on the run.  

Stephanie: After I get myself ready for work, I heat up my Jenny breakfast – the Garden Vegetable Frittata is my favorite. I never had a frittata before I joined the program and now I love them!

Stephanie’s pro tip: I like pairing my breakfast with nonfat Greek yogurt and fresh berries or one of my Jenny shakes!

12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Our favorite lunches have some special add-ons!

Susan: To save some time, I can easily prep the sides for my lunch at night when I’m getting dinner ready. Then, I can just grab my lunch from the freezer in the morning and pop it in my bag when I leave for work. 

I especially enjoy the Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Bowl for lunch. I add some extra broccoli and bamboo shoots (both are Fresh and Free Additions!), and it makes me feel like I’m eating out at a restaurant for lunch. 

Susan’s pro tip: Adding extra vegetables to your Jenny Craig meals, like the bamboo shoots, broccoli and arugula, is a great way to make my meals even more satisfying! 

Stephanie: After working hard at the office, I always look forward to lunch. A Jenny Craig cheeseburger with a juicy pickle on the side keeps me full. After enjoying lunch, I’ll usually go for a walk with my co-workers for a little afternoon activity. 

Stephanie’s pro tip: After lunch, I snack on veggies, drink plenty of water, and avoid the junk food around the office. It’s always good to drink lots of water to stay hydrated! 

12:30 - 5:00 p.m. Staying active and going to our consultations

jenny craig consultant and member

Susan: My weekly meetings with my consultant, Christine, are always fun and I enjoy going into the center. Not only do we laugh and talk about what’s going on in our lives, but we also focus on the challenges I may have during the week and discuss the best ways to handle them. This way I’m prepared and can tackle them successfully. Christine has taught me how important it is to have a plan. The tips and tricks she shares keep me motivated and she helps to get me back on track when needed. 

Susan’s pro tip: I wear a fitness tracker which reminds me to get my 10,000 steps every day. I enjoy walking our dog, which helps to get more steps throughout the day, too.

Stephanie: Before I joined Jenny Craig, I wasn’t as active, motivated or energetic. I would sleep in late, would never prepare/think about my meals ahead of time and would never be conscious of how much I ate. Being on Jenny Craig has totally changed my lifestyle and I could not be happier I joined the program. If it wasn’t for the delicious food and amazing consultants, my journey would not have been as successful!  

Stephanie’s pro tip: As I head home from work, I usually enjoy an Essential Nutrition Bar while I’m in the car. This helps me feel fuller by the time I get home. Depending on which day of the week it is, I either head home to relax or attend volleyball practice.

6:00 p.m. Ending the day with a delicious dinner and a relaxing night

Mom&Daughter_Cropped.png

Susan: I get home from work around 6 p.m. At the end of a long week, Friday night is always pizza night. I can still enjoy our family tradition with my Margherita Pizza

After dinner, one of my favorite desserts is the Chocolate Walnut Brownie warmed up with a dollop of fat-free whipped cream on top.

I like to unwind at night by watching some of my favorite television shows and try to go to bed around 10:30 p.m. I work to keep my bedtime schedule consistent. Since I’ve lost weight, my sleep quality has improved! 

Susan’s pro tip: I like to put my pizza slices in the toaster oven to make them nice and crispy. I pair my pizza with a side salad topped with Balsamic Dressing.  

Salad_Cropped_Compressed.jpg

Stephanie: I like to wind down for the night by enjoying my favorite show or movie. For dinner, I make myself a salad to pair with my Jenny Craig meal. I really like the Chicken Marsala – it’s hearty, has delicious green beans and a great sauce. Depending on my menu, I’ll enjoy a Jenny Craig dessert or a savory snack after my meal. I love the Cheese Curls – I think they taste better than the ones I’ve bought at the supermarket!

Stephanie’s pro tip: While my dinner cooks, I check to see what’s on the menu for the next day and prepare my fruit and vegetables, so I’m ready to go in the morning. 

We’re always thrilled to hear from our members and we’re so excited to celebrate Stephanie and Susan’s successes! Interested in learning more about living a healthier lifestyle? Get in touch with us and start your own journey today

Book Free Appointment with Jenny Craig

User Feedback

Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.