Update: We have paused our weight loss insights plan for now. In the meantime, stay healthy and check out our new meal delivery options.
Have you heard about Jenny Craig’s latest science-backed innovation? Our new DNA Decoder Plan was created to help members maximize their weight loss efforts.
The plan reveals 15 key weight loss-specific insights, including how your body may process different foods, details about your eating behaviors, your metabolism’s efficiency and more. Based on your results, we’ll match you with the best meal plan to help optimize your weight loss.
Want all the details about our new DNA weight loss plan? We’ve got you covered! Check out the most common questions about our DNA Decoder Plan.
What is Jenny Craig’s DNA Decoder Plan?
Jenny Craig’s DNA Decoder Plan is a tool to help you maximize your weight loss efforts. A quick swab from the inside of your cheek is all we need to provide you with 15 weight loss insights. Based on your unique results, you’ll receive an actionable report that gives you specific tips and recommendations.
What else is included in the plan?
- A personalized meal plan based on how your body is likely to process macronutrients (carbs, proteins and fats) to help optimize your weight loss.
- Questions about your results: Answered. Get exclusive access to a private community monitored by a registered dietitian.
- A dedicated weight loss coach who will support and motivate you along your journey.
What are the 15 weight loss insights and what do they reveal?
- How your body processes carbohydrates: How efficiently your body is likely to use carbs, and good-for-you foods to enjoy.
- How your body processes fats: How efficiently your body is likely to use fats, plus healthy options to add to your meals.
- How your body processes protein: How efficiently your body is likely to use protein, plus great protein-rich options to try.
- How your body responds to cardiovascular exercise: How likely your body is to respond to cardio-based exercises and how to start a basic cardio routine.
- How your body responds to strength training exercise: How likely your body responds to this type of exercise and how to start a basic strength training routine.
- Natural motivation to exercise: How likely you are to be pumped for a workout and how to make the most of your motivation.Plus, tips to get motivated if you’re not naturally inclined.
- Sleep quality: How likely you are to get quality sleep at night and tips to improve your sleep.
- Tendency to overeat: Your tendency to overeat and what you can do to get back on track.
- Impulse to crave high-calorie foods: Your tendency to reach for high-calorie, high-fat foods and healthy strategies to support weight loss.
- Tendency to crave sweet foods: Your likelihood of having a sweet tooth and tips to reduce your sugar intake.
- Satisfaction level: Your likelihood of feeling full after eating a meal and healthy ways to boost your satisfaction.
- Resting metabolic rate: How efficiently your body tends to burn calories while at rest and how to naturally support your metabolism.
- Tendency to regain weight: Your likelihood of regaining weight and strategies to help maintain your goal.
- Overweight risk: Your likelihood of becoming overweight as an adult and what you can do to promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Weight loss efficiency: Your likelihood of having difficulty losing weight and keeping it off, plus strategies to help you push past a plateau.
How do I take the DNA test?
The DNA test is simple: You’ll take 4 swabs from the inside of each cheek (2 swabs on each side) and then seal them in an envelope and send them to our certified lab. You must refrain from eating or drinking anything 30 minutes prior to taking the sample.
Who is running the DNA tests? Is this company reliable/verified?
Yes, the lab we are working with is a CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) and CAP (College of American Pathologist) certified.
How is my DNA analyzed?
Based on widely available scientific research, the certified lab looks at 15 weight loss-specific markers and analyzes them to determine how your body is likely to process food, how it may respond to exercise and how likely you are to exhibit certain behaviors related to weight loss. Based on these outcomes, Jenny Craig provides a detailed report with specific recommendations and tips.
Learn more about how DNA testing for weight management works here.
Do I need to be a Jenny Craig member to get the DNA Decoder Plan?
Yes. You’ll select the Jenny Craig membership option that works best for you and then your weight loss coach will enroll you in the DNA Decoder Plan.
Do I have to follow the recommended meal plan that my results suggest?
Only if you want to! If your results reveal a meal plan that you don’t want to follow, you don’t have to follow it (but it is recommended to help optimize your weight loss results). Simply work with your weight loss coach to find a menu plan that works for you.
I’m currently a Jenny Craig member. How do I get the DNA Decoder Plan?
Ask your Jenny Craig weight loss coach about the program and he/she will get you started!
How is the DNA Decoder Plan different from other Jenny Craig plans?
The DNA Decoder Plan is used as a tool to help further personalize your weight loss program. All of our weight loss programs are designed for efficient weight loss — but our DNA Decoder Plan is our most personalized option yet.
How much does the DNA Decoder Plan cost?
New members can get the DNA Decoder Plan for free when they sign up for our all-inclusive weight loss plan and purchase four weeks of food.* If you’d like to add the DNA Decoder Plan to your current membership, ask your weight loss coach about upgrade options.
How long does it take to receive my results?
Results are typically processed in 7-10 business days.
Can I use my results from another DNA test for analysis?
Unfortunately, no. Many other DNA kits do not test for the same 15 nutrition and weight loss-specific markers Jenny Craig assesses when customizing a member’s menu and action plan. Jenny Craig analyzes specific nutrition, health and lifestyle markers our science experts consider important to weight loss and that align with our customized menu plans. To work toward optimal weight loss results, we ask members to take the DNA Decoder test so that we can provide a customized weight loss plan.
How is my privacy protected?
Jenny Craig takes extreme care to ensure our members’ data remains private. Jenny Craig will not share or sell individual-level information to any third party. We do not share customer data with any public databases and will not provide any person’s data (genetic or non-genetic) to an insurance company or employer. We will not provide information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities unless required by law to comply with a valid court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
During the processing of the DNA kits, the member’s data is de-identified and made completely anonymous. Our lab partners are under contract and strictly follow security and confidentiality obligations to meet applicable privacy laws as well as meet our Terms of Service standards. DNA kits are identified by a unique number; only Jenny Craig authorized personnel has access to the results to walk members through their personal results. The lab processing and analyzing the DNA data only receives the kit ID, your Jenny ID, and your first name (for the sole purpose of generating the report), but no other personally identifiable information. All DNA samples are destroyed once the analysis is completed.
We have paused our weight loss insights plan for now. In the meantime, stay healthy and check out our new meal delivery options.
*Lose 16 lbs. or get 12 weeks of the program, for $16, whichever happens first. Trial membership only, cost of food and shipping not included. Must buy 4 weeks planned menu to qualify for Free DNA Kit, otherwise you will be charged the full price ($100). Food discount spilt over 10 consecutive weeks with weekly planned menu purchase (avg. $170 US/$178 CAD). Jenny Craig Anywhere purchases validonly with auto-delivery (4-wk min.), standard rules apply**. Valid only for new members. Valid at participating centers and Jenny Craig Anywhere. Limit one per person. Not valid with any other offer. No cash value. Restrictions apply. Offer expires 4/24/20. Must redeem coupons by 6/26/20.
^Members on auto-delivery qualify for free standard shipping to the continental U.S. (up to $29 per order) on orders that contain full planned menu bundles. We’ll charge and ship your planned menu every 1-2 weeks depending on your selection. Once placed, the first order cannot be canceled, but all subsequent orders can be canceled or modified any time before 6:00 pm PST the day before your order begins processing by calling 1-800-JENNY-CARE. You must purchase at least four weeks of the planned menu bundles in order to qualify for free shipping, therefore if you cancel prior to that time, there is a $99 charge. No requested menu substitutions allowed. Program enrollment required.
Edited by Elisa - Jenny Craig