Simply Inspired Cauliflower Fried Rice RecipeBy Stephanie E - Jenny Craig Healthy Recipe
Swap white rice for cauliflower fried “rice” to add extra nutrients and fiber to this simple and delicious meal. This recipe for cauliflower fried rice is packed with a variety of colorful vegetables, fluffy eggs and a splash of soy sauce. It makes enough to serve a family! Enjoy a bowl and share the rest or save the leftovers for later.
Servings: 5 total servings
Per serving: 1 cup = 1 serving
Exchanges per serving = 1 vegetable, ½ protein, ½ fat
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, rinsed (about 24 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
- ½ small onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, or more to taste
- Rinse, then remove the tough stem and core of the cauliflower. Let the remaining cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half in a food processor and pulse to create small pieces with the texture of rice or couscous. Don’t overprocess, or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat and spray with cooking oil.
- Add the sesame oil and sauté onions, garlic, scallion whites, peas and carrots, about 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the wok or pan with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5-6 minutes stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside.
- Create small divot in vegetables to scramble the eggs. Slowly begin to mix into the rest of stir-fry until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
- Enjoy a bowl of cauliflower fried rice!
Edited by Stephanie E - Jenny Craig