Just made my first appointment for tomorrow.
My son and I went to the Santa Clarita, CA Jenny Craig center right as they were closing, so we made appointments and grabbed a two menus to view.
My first thoughts.....
WOW..how is there birthday cake on the menu !?! I have sworn off sweets and always tell my son to skip sweets or limit to one every now and then as a splurge. Sweets daily, that will be new.
CONCERNED...is this going to provide enough protein? The breakfast items look a little slim on the protein, but I felt reassured when I saw that a dietary specialist has reviewed and created the plan. Maybe I will learn what protein, carb, balance we really need?
AM I GONNA BE HUNGRY....1200 calories, I don't know if I will be going to bed hungry?
That this time isn't different, that I will fail again and let myself down. Because my son is joining me in the journey, I can't let him down.
Normally, when I fail I tell myself that I should accept myself as I am, that I am not really that overweight. Why that excuse won't work now is that I know that there can be unflattering angles on camera and I need to minimize that plus, I desire freedom on wardrobe options. If I don't succeed my son won't.
Now thinking about GOALS:
- My first goal is to see the number 150.0 on the scale.
- Second goal is to see 145.0 on the scale--10 lbs gone by the 20th of November.
What 10 lbs released from my body would be like:
- It would put me in a size smaller, an 8/6
- It would feel good to know that I would look better on camera with my face slimmer.
- More clothing options would be available to me to wear.
- For my son, it would help him run faster, build his confidence that he CAN do this!
Tomorrow is our first weigh-in day.
What are your goals? How will it feel once you get there?