golfgal64

Why are some of your tastiest foods being retired?

19 posts in this topic

I have been a Jenny Craig member for several years....over the years I have many favorites but sad to see some of them retired over the years. I can't believe they will no longer have the chicken fajitas and rising crust pizza....those are 2 of my favorites. I loved the stuffed meatball and stuffed chicken sandwiches and those were gone a while ago =( It would be nice to see a variety of mini loafs (other than the blueberry). I was disappointed when I opened my turkey burger package at work and there was no microwave tray or bbq sauce packet........the sauce was great and added to the flavor. I heard the flavor packet in the sunshine sandwich is gone too. I believe the microwave trays are gone from the burger slider and sunshine sandwich...it seems you charge plenty for these entrees that you can afford to include a convenient microwave tray for your customers. Sometimes a paper towel is not avail when microwaving when those of us that work are away from home. Hope to see some new interesting entrees come out.

3 people like this

I agree! I voiced my concerns on the Jenny Craig FaceBook page and they gave me some bland answer about new foods arriving. UGH! It really doesn't make sense. On the other hand, I'm going to use it as an incentive to lose the rest of my weight and wrap up my Jenny Craig days! JK! : )

I'll tell ya, they have retired the only breakfast I ordered from them and are now dropping the two dinners that I like most. My bill has went from $125 a week to roughly $25. I know I'm just one person but that's $400 a month in lost sales from just one person. I can't imagine I'm the only person that has cut their JC bill because their favs are gone. It has forced me to start doing more MOMO because I don't like the other offerings.

1 person likes this

I'm very upset about the Rising Crust Pizza and the Chicken Fajitas- the only 2 dinners I eat!!

I hate to say it but...who is smokin crack at that company that makes these decisions?

1 person likes this

I hate to say it but...who is smokin crack at that company that makes these decisions?

Sheila, You made me laugh and I agree!

Ree

I agree!!! They seem to retire the foods that I like the best, and the ones I order every week. I miss the meatball and stuffed chicken sandwiches and the stuffed breakfast sandwich from a long time ago. Now they're retiring the rising crust pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THE RISING CRUST PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is by far my FAVORITE Jenny food.

2 people like this

I'm pretty disappointed by this... I guess I won't be renewing my membership in the fall...

Saving themselves money taking out sauces and trays, but still charging the same prices (or more).

Do not take away the rising crust pizza!! I lost 40 lbs eating the pizza every night for dinner on the plan!

For as much as the entrees cost per each, it's incredibly penny-pinching to take a freaking sauce packet out that might cost a cent or two to add. And I'm SOOOO done with the usual excuse of "quality issues" with the manufacturers.

Three of the dinner I love are going. The lasagna is now going as well. That is three out of the seven dinners that I eat.

Counting the meals, they are retiring more than 20% of their dinners. They are also retiring 40% of their meatless options. That makes no sense.

these changes just don't impact me this much - i have been on the plan since January and have done it a few times over the past years and have seen food come and go. New foods are coming and they too may become your favorites, i say embrace the change and give it a chance.

I am just not that married to any of the food that i would get worried, maybe since i eat the planned meals, i get all the variety and more variety than if i was eating MOMO.

I am looking forward to seeing what is new....

All of my favorite foods are being retired - chicken fajitas, asian style orange chicken...very disappointing..I hope Jenny Craig will hear the forum feedback and reconsider their plans. I don't eat beef so there are the only options I have that I like. I don't know what I will do without these choices. Jenny Craig please please please don't discontinue these food items.Thank you.

Who's idea was it to take the blueberries out of the French toast? That was the best part! It made it special. Now it is dry toast.

1 person likes this

well ladies, I left JC finally because of them taking my favorite foods out, and started working with a trainer/nutritionist whom I check in with every morning via message and get my bodyfat tested every week or so in person. It's been a month now and I've lost 11 pounds - and 4.82% bodyfat. Course I don't have the portion-controlled JC foods, but I've been doing my own weekly meal prep and weighing out/measuring my own meals using ziploc containers and according to the diet he's given me that he switches up every couple weeks or so depending on my progress. He doesn't train with me but he gives me weight training splits etc to follow.

Costing me $100 a month to work with him - I'm actually saving money because it is cheaper for me to make my own meals in advance than it does to buy the JC food. AND seeing results.

I've got a lifetime membership with JC, but I doubt I'll be back anytime soon because I had been stuck on trying to lose the same 8 pounds all year without success, even following what my consultant was telling me to do and eating JC food. So I guess JC did me a favor by retiring the Fajitas and "stopping production" on the baked potato, because it gave me the motivation to look elsewhere for success...finally down to 140.5 pounds... YAY.

I understand they want to change up the menu, but why retire what have to be some of the best selling items? I agree with Sheila, whoever is making these decisions must be smoking something funny. I didn't buy French toast this week because I don't want it without the berries! And the worst part is, they take the sauce packets out and there is no warning. There I am at work with a turkey burger and have to eat it dry as a bone. My JCC didn't even know about it til I complained to her! You'd think they'd at least give a heads up.

My JCC says the retiring items will be around til December. I sure hope so bec I want to stock up :)

I was totally surprised when I opened my French toast and there were no berries. I ate that first box of just plain toast but then I went to the store and bought some frozen berries that are exactly the same as the ones JC used to add. It is from Private Selection Berry Medley. A small bag cost $2.99 and I think should last for about 10 or 15 portions.

Please bring back favorites!!! How can you get rid of rising crust pizza?? And fajitas??? and stuff potato??? Three of the best meals you offered! This cost cutting is creating a diet I don't want to be on any more. I have been a member for YEARS and always loved the vood. I have never seen cuts like this....everyone's favorite options HATE THE NEW OWNERS> I am finished with my own membership and finished recommending others. What a shame. They are going to bury themselves with these lower quality offerings.