MHersk222

Last 10 lbs to goal

3 posts in this topic

I would love to hear from anyone out there who struggled with and conquered the last 10lbs of their weight loss goal. To date I have lost 55lbs, but I have been struggling with the last 10 for over a year. I feel like it might have something to do with fear, but I am not sure.

MHersk222,

Congrats on all your progress!!!

You raise an issue with which I too struggle. Here are a few tips from my personal experience:

FOLLOW THE PLAN BY MEASURING, READING LABELS on Free and Ltd Free foods, PLANNING SPLURGES

I got to the middle of my BMI once on JC (that means I hit my goal) by being highly motivated, following the plan with only ONE dining out a week (avoiding hidden fats and calories), and my lifestyle had a 2mile walk built in while I was attending night school.

VISION AND REWARDS

The motivation was very important because it fueled all my choices and focus. My motivation was to be at goal when I delivered my thesis in grad school. By the way, people said I looked great. Oh, yes, and I graduated :) ! So I had a wonderful reward at the end of all that focus and dedication to my self.

WHEN I GET OFF TRACK...

When I get off plan (being human don't you know, I am not perfect),

• I get back on track as soon as I can!
  • Even if I wait too long and mess up on my maintenance program, starting NOW is better than waiting another day!!!!
  • I call JC for support when my motivation weakens or reach out on this forum.

Hope this helps!

BEST WISHES,

Abigail

Thank you for taking the time to share- this was very helpful. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished!! You could be a commercial for Jenny.