cupcake_caper

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe

5 posts in this topic

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe

Ingredients:

JC Cinnamon Rolls (Slightly thawed, about 3 minutes on counter)

JC Light Syrup

1/8C Egg Substitute

2 TBSP Milk

¼ TSP Vanilla

Directions:

-Slice both rolls in half horizontally (it helps when it’s still slightly frozen)

-Beat milk, egg substitute and vanilla together and pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate

-Dip the 4 cinnamon roll halves in egg mixture, flipping over, and soaking up the mixture

- Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat, starting with the insides of the roll face down, top and bottom face up, using butter or canola spray

-Roll is ready to flip when egg is cooked at the bottom and releases easily, about 2-3 minutes

-Carefully flip and cook for about a minute more, making sure cinnamon sugar does not burn in pan

-Serve with syrup and enjoyphoto1_zpsf5d3339f.jpg

What a great idea! I am going to try this recipe! Thanks.

woah that looks yummy. gonna try that. thank you!!!!!

That sounds great! Are egg whites free?

This looks amazing! Do you mind if I share the idea on my blog No Thanks to Cake? I think my other Jenny readers would LOVE it!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• KGoody
      By KGoody
      Hi Everyone,
      Here is another recipe I made with the mushroom chicken for "Girls night in, Shonda Rhymes night"

Appetizer - salad - free veggies and one limited free for dressing - I used a light italian - only five calories per tablespoon so almost free  
      Dinner - Chicken & Mushroom Casserole for 4
      3 JC chicken & mushroom dinners - cooked for 3 minutes and put in casserole dish
      sweet bell peppers, tiny potatoes, corn, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, sweet potato, garlic - sautéed in olive oil spray and folded into the chicken dinners
      I will add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and bake - when I added up the calories on my fitness pal it works out to about 200 calories each - one fat, one starch extra (potatoes corn and cooking spray) as most of the veggies are free and the JC dinners are divided by four people instead of 3.
      Desert - small angle food cakes (115 calories) topped with 1/2 cup mixed fruit (100 calories) (strawberry, mango, pineapple, peach) topped with 2 tablespoons lite cool whip (20 calories)  So a real treat for desert with only 235 calories.  A bit more than a Jenny desert but totally worth it! I also didn't eat my afternoon fruit snack so really only 135 calories

I hope you are liking my ideas, if so I will keep posting them here as I do try and "switch" the meals up
      I would love love love to hear your great ideas to keep the JC food fun and interesting!
      Kim

• yannon
      By yannon
      hi! The other night i doctored up the Jenny Craig Lentils (minus the Beef) and it was super easy and delicious!
      Ingredients:
      1 tsp olive oil (or olive oil spray)
      1/2 c diced carrots
      1/2 c diced onion
      1/2 c diced celery
      1/2 oz finely diced smoked ham or pancetta (about a tablespoon, for flavor)
      1 clove garlic (more if you like) minced or pressed
      pinch dried oregano
      pinch smoked paprika
      black pepper, to taste
      1/2 c beef, chicken or vegetable stock
      1 package Lentils with Beef
      pinch dried or fresh parsley
      1 teaspoon grated parmesan, if desired
      Here's what i did:
      In a small to medium saucepan, saute diced carrot, onion and celery and finely diced ham or pancetta in olive oil until the veggies are soft.
      Add garlic, oregano, paprika, black pepper and stock. heat thru.
      Open the Lentils with Beef. Remove the 2-3 cubes of beef (because ew. You can leave it in if you like - i don't!) Stir the lentils into your veggie mixture. Heat through.
      Top with parsley and grated parmesan.
      I might make this again this week - it was really good!
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I REALLY miss Thai food and I was inspired by Jenny Craig's own volumizing recipe making it into a Thai chowder. I particularly miss green curry, so I tried to give it my own spin.
      Hope you enjoy it!
      Ingredients:
      JC Creamy Corn and Chicken Chowder
      1 clove garlic
      1/2 small onion, chopped
      1 3/4c baby spinach, loosely packed and torn
      1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
      1.5-2 tsp green curry paste (found in most ethinic aisles, it freezes great- just remove the rest from the tin and roll it in plastic wrap like a log and put it in a freezer bag, slice to use again). It's spicy, I used 2 tsp, I think anything less than 1.5 wouldn't have much flavor.
      1/4 c light coconut milk (left overs also freeze well in ice cube trays)
      1/2 c no salt added chicken STOCK (I am sure broth could work, but I only had stock on hand)
      Juice of 1/2 of lime
      1 generous TBSP of fresh basil leaves, torn
      Instructions:
      In a small pot, over low heat, sautee onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes
      Add green curry paste and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant
      Add coconut milk, stock and ginger and cook about 2-4 minutes until soup comes to low boil
      Add spinach and stir for about 1 minute until begining to wilt
      Add Chowder and stir, mix well and let soup heat through- about 4-5 minutes
      Transfer to bowl (it makes a lot, have a big bowl handy) and add lime juice and basil and serve.
      1/4 c light coconut milk= 1 limited extra, everything else added is free. Read the labels carefully, some coconut milks have more calories and fat than others.
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I was craving a bowl of soup for dinner, and created this recipe. It creates a HUGE bowl of soup, hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
      Ingredients:
      Jenny Craig Chicken Fajita Kit (these directions assume kit is frozen, adjust if refrigerated)
      1/2 Poblano Pepper, seeded and chopped
      1/2 c Canned Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (note, this was a bit spicy, you could use Fire Roasted Tomatoes w/o Chiles if desired)
      1 1/2 c Low Sodium Chicken Broth
      Avocado for garnish (optional)
      Directions:
      Preheat Oven to 350
      -Cook chicken/vegetable mixture with spray oil over high heat in a 2 qt Pot for 3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften
      -Add Fajita Seasoning and poblano pepper and cook for about 2 minutes until poblano begins to slightly soften and mixture is fragrant
      -Add tomatoes and broth, and let soup come to a boil, stirring occationally
      -Once soup begins to boil, lower heat to simmer and let soup simmer uncovered for approximately 15-25 minutes, until poblano pepper is tender
      -While soup is simmering, remove tortillas from plastic, wrap in paper towels and microwave for 10-15 seconds to remove any moisture
      -Cut Tortillas into wedges (6-8 pieces/tortilla), place on baking sheet and lightly spray with oil on both sides
      -Bake Tortillas for 6 minutes, flip tortillas over (add a pinch of salt if desired after flipping) and continue baking 4-6 minutes, until golden, not too brown
      Once soup is ready serve, topped with baked tortilla chips
      If using regular roasted tomatoes, add a dash of hot sauce if desired before topping with chips
      Top with avocado if using, and enjoy!
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I had an amazing pasta at Buttermilk Channel last night, one of my favorite restaurants in Brooklyn. It was fresh linguini with chard, cauliflower and I'm sure loads of cheese and butter. I thought I'd try to recreate it at home with JC cuisine and it turned out great!
      Ingredients:
      Jenny Craig Chicken Fettucine
      1 1/2 c Cauliflower Florets
      1 Shallot coarsley chopped
      2 Cloves Garlic
      1/2 bunch Swiss Chard (about 6-8 stems)
      Red Pepper Flakes
      Olive Oil/ Cooking Spray
      S&P to taste
      Directions:
      Preheat oven to 425
      Combine cauliflower, shallot and 1 clove of garlic (coarsley chopped) and oil/spray, and a pinch of pepper in roasting pan and roast for 20-30 minutes
      While cauliflower is roasting, remove stems for swiss chard and discard. Chop chard into small pieces. Thinly slice remaining garlic clove.
      6 minutes before cauliflower finishes roasting, microwave the Fettucine and heat a skillet with oil or spray. When skillet is warm add garlic and chard at the same, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat. The chard will wilt quickly, and should cook in about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
      Toss microwaved Fettucine and cauliflower mixture with chard in bowl.
      Top with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
      Spinach could be used in place of chard, about 1 1/2 c.
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      Of all foods, Mexican is my absolute favorite! It could be because I am a proud 3rd generation Mexican, or perhaps just because it is so tasty.
      I decided to spice up my Chicken Sandwich this weekend, and I am dreaming of doing this again later on this week.
      Ingredients:
      Chicken Sandwich (minus creole mustard)
      1 tsp of adobo sauce (leftover from a can of chipotle in adobe sauce, this will keep refrigerated in tupperware for over a month)
      1/8 Ripe Avocado
      1 slice light monterey cheese
      Shredded Lettuce/Tomato
      Instructions:
      Toast Bread
      Cook Chicken patty for 2 min as directed (you could add your slice 1/2 thru to get extra melty)
      Add Cheese immediately upon removing from microwave (if you haven't already)
      Spread Avocado on top half of toasted bun (I just realized a squeeze of lime would probably also be awesome)
      Top Cheese with 1 tsp of adobo sauce
      Layer bottom bun with a bit of shredded lettuce and thinly sliced tomato.
      Enjoy!
      Exchanges- This is a fat serving, a light meat/ half milk serving, and a limited extra (adobo has a small amount of oil) Plus the chix sandwich.
      I also like to serve this with a simple side of sliced cucumbers and radishes with a squeeze of lime juice and red pepper flakes, and cilantro if I have it.
  • 291x300_STATIC.jpg

• Sidebar_Food-Cheeseburger.jpg

• Topics

• Similar Content

• KGoody
      By KGoody
      Hi Everyone,
      Here is another recipe I made with the mushroom chicken for "Girls night in, Shonda Rhymes night"

Appetizer - salad - free veggies and one limited free for dressing - I used a light italian - only five calories per tablespoon so almost free  
      Dinner - Chicken & Mushroom Casserole for 4
      3 JC chicken & mushroom dinners - cooked for 3 minutes and put in casserole dish
      sweet bell peppers, tiny potatoes, corn, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, sweet potato, garlic - sautéed in olive oil spray and folded into the chicken dinners
      I will add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and bake - when I added up the calories on my fitness pal it works out to about 200 calories each - one fat, one starch extra (potatoes corn and cooking spray) as most of the veggies are free and the JC dinners are divided by four people instead of 3.
      Desert - small angle food cakes (115 calories) topped with 1/2 cup mixed fruit (100 calories) (strawberry, mango, pineapple, peach) topped with 2 tablespoons lite cool whip (20 calories)  So a real treat for desert with only 235 calories.  A bit more than a Jenny desert but totally worth it! I also didn't eat my afternoon fruit snack so really only 135 calories

I hope you are liking my ideas, if so I will keep posting them here as I do try and "switch" the meals up
      I would love love love to hear your great ideas to keep the JC food fun and interesting!
      Kim

• yannon
      By yannon
      hi! The other night i doctored up the Jenny Craig Lentils (minus the Beef) and it was super easy and delicious!
      Ingredients:
      1 tsp olive oil (or olive oil spray)
      1/2 c diced carrots
      1/2 c diced onion
      1/2 c diced celery
      1/2 oz finely diced smoked ham or pancetta (about a tablespoon, for flavor)
      1 clove garlic (more if you like) minced or pressed
      pinch dried oregano
      pinch smoked paprika
      black pepper, to taste
      1/2 c beef, chicken or vegetable stock
      1 package Lentils with Beef
      pinch dried or fresh parsley
      1 teaspoon grated parmesan, if desired
      Here's what i did:
      In a small to medium saucepan, saute diced carrot, onion and celery and finely diced ham or pancetta in olive oil until the veggies are soft.
      Add garlic, oregano, paprika, black pepper and stock. heat thru.
      Open the Lentils with Beef. Remove the 2-3 cubes of beef (because ew. You can leave it in if you like - i don't!) Stir the lentils into your veggie mixture. Heat through.
      Top with parsley and grated parmesan.
      I might make this again this week - it was really good!
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I REALLY miss Thai food and I was inspired by Jenny Craig's own volumizing recipe making it into a Thai chowder. I particularly miss green curry, so I tried to give it my own spin.
      Hope you enjoy it!
      Ingredients:
      JC Creamy Corn and Chicken Chowder
      1 clove garlic
      1/2 small onion, chopped
      1 3/4c baby spinach, loosely packed and torn
      1/4 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
      1.5-2 tsp green curry paste (found in most ethinic aisles, it freezes great- just remove the rest from the tin and roll it in plastic wrap like a log and put it in a freezer bag, slice to use again). It's spicy, I used 2 tsp, I think anything less than 1.5 wouldn't have much flavor.
      1/4 c light coconut milk (left overs also freeze well in ice cube trays)
      1/2 c no salt added chicken STOCK (I am sure broth could work, but I only had stock on hand)
      Juice of 1/2 of lime
      1 generous TBSP of fresh basil leaves, torn
      Instructions:
      In a small pot, over low heat, sautee onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes
      Add green curry paste and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant
      Add coconut milk, stock and ginger and cook about 2-4 minutes until soup comes to low boil
      Add spinach and stir for about 1 minute until begining to wilt
      Add Chowder and stir, mix well and let soup heat through- about 4-5 minutes
      Transfer to bowl (it makes a lot, have a big bowl handy) and add lime juice and basil and serve.
      1/4 c light coconut milk= 1 limited extra, everything else added is free. Read the labels carefully, some coconut milks have more calories and fat than others.
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I was craving a bowl of soup for dinner, and created this recipe. It creates a HUGE bowl of soup, hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
      Ingredients:
      Jenny Craig Chicken Fajita Kit (these directions assume kit is frozen, adjust if refrigerated)
      1/2 Poblano Pepper, seeded and chopped
      1/2 c Canned Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (note, this was a bit spicy, you could use Fire Roasted Tomatoes w/o Chiles if desired)
      1 1/2 c Low Sodium Chicken Broth
      Avocado for garnish (optional)
      Directions:
      Preheat Oven to 350
      -Cook chicken/vegetable mixture with spray oil over high heat in a 2 qt Pot for 3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften
      -Add Fajita Seasoning and poblano pepper and cook for about 2 minutes until poblano begins to slightly soften and mixture is fragrant
      -Add tomatoes and broth, and let soup come to a boil, stirring occationally
      -Once soup begins to boil, lower heat to simmer and let soup simmer uncovered for approximately 15-25 minutes, until poblano pepper is tender
      -While soup is simmering, remove tortillas from plastic, wrap in paper towels and microwave for 10-15 seconds to remove any moisture
      -Cut Tortillas into wedges (6-8 pieces/tortilla), place on baking sheet and lightly spray with oil on both sides
      -Bake Tortillas for 6 minutes, flip tortillas over (add a pinch of salt if desired after flipping) and continue baking 4-6 minutes, until golden, not too brown
      Once soup is ready serve, topped with baked tortilla chips
      If using regular roasted tomatoes, add a dash of hot sauce if desired before topping with chips
      Top with avocado if using, and enjoy!
    • cupcake_caper
      By cupcake_caper
      I had an amazing pasta at Buttermilk Channel last night, one of my favorite restaurants in Brooklyn. It was fresh linguini with chard, cauliflower and I'm sure loads of cheese and butter. I thought I'd try to recreate it at home with JC cuisine and it turned out great!
      Ingredients:
      Jenny Craig Chicken Fettucine
      1 1/2 c Cauliflower Florets
      1 Shallot coarsley chopped
      2 Cloves Garlic
      1/2 bunch Swiss Chard (about 6-8 stems)
      Red Pepper Flakes
      Olive Oil/ Cooking Spray
      S&P to taste
      Directions:
      Preheat oven to 425
      Combine cauliflower, shallot and 1 clove of garlic (coarsley chopped) and oil/spray, and a pinch of pepper in roasting pan and roast for 20-30 minutes
      While cauliflower is roasting, remove stems for swiss chard and discard. Chop chard into small pieces. Thinly slice remaining garlic clove.
      6 minutes before cauliflower finishes roasting, microwave the Fettucine and heat a skillet with oil or spray. When skillet is warm add garlic and chard at the same, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat. The chard will wilt quickly, and should cook in about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
      Toss microwaved Fettucine and cauliflower mixture with chard in bowl.
      Top with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
      Spinach could be used in place of chard, about 1 1/2 c.