alissa018

Former lifetime member

30 posts in this topic

However, they gave me a 10 percent discount and a free lava cake when I told them it was my birthday this week. Not the same, but I'll take it!

Christi--

It's a program that I don't think is offered anymore, and unlike the lifetime membership, if I let mine lapse, I cannot ever get the rewards back. If I ever get to my goal, I will get 35% off of food so long as I stay within five pounds of my goal weight-- I've been stuck at the 30% mark for years, but I'll never let it lapse because the savings on food is too good to let go.

That sounds like a great deal. My only complaint about JC has been the expense. There is not a center within 100 miles of me, so I had to do online ordering. I have gotten frustrated that I have to pay shipping and don't get the benefit of face to face meetings with my consultant. I feel like I have to pay more for fewer services and I never get any discounts or anything. I noticed on the online ordering form there is a space for a "discount code" but no one can give me a code. Also, to get the best deal on shipping rates, I have to order 3 weeks of food at a time. With shipping, that's always about $500. I wish we had a center near me. Other than that, it's been awesome. I love the food and my consultant is reliable and positive. Joining this community has been great, too. I wish I had done it sooner.

Christie I also had food shipped to me. Yes people that go to a center save money on shipping charges. That always got me too. I didn't miss in person consultations. My consultant called me on Fridays. Had plenty time to talk with her. If I had something on my mind between calls I would email her. I don't remember spending $500 a month. Of course I didn't order everything, just what I wanted. Very few snacks and anytime bars, few breakfasts. I eventually eliminated a lot and used my food. As far as discounts I received texts and emails from JC and also heard from my consultant. She would handle any discounts offered.

I'm a lifetime member too from the early 90's. I pay a $50 yearly fee but it's to maintain my food discount level. Many years ago there was a way to earn a discount level on food. I think it was based on money spent if you bought over a certain amount each week. I'm at the 20% discount so in order to keep that I pay the yearly fee.