GwenJ

Side dish or snack

8 posts in this topic

Tonight I was feeling a little hungry but wasn't wanting any more raw veggies. I'm at my max on those right now. So I sprayed some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a skillet then tossed in some mushrooms and broccoli. Sauteed with garlic powder for about 10 minutes. Then popped in a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss and broke it up in the skillet. Sort of melting it a bit.

Oh my gosh this was awesome. Rich and flavorful for only 35 calories! I am going to have to keep making this on a regular basis because it was very satisfying and you wouldn't know it was low cal.

That sounds delish and with so many flavors of laughing cow, the possibilities are endless! I love the chipotle one and I've been searching high and low for the cinnamon one! Can't wait to try this! thanks for the tip!!

sounds amaising!!!

Good Idea! I've been in a vegetable rut with my low-sodium soy sauce - I'm going to give this a try.

I made it again tonight and am loving every bite. I'm going to have to branch out and try other varieties of LC Light. I've never been really big into cheese. I'd eat it occasionally and usually only the basic cheddar or baby swiss. But I'm going to try other varieties and see what else is out there. I used probably 1 1/2 c to 2 c of veggies per 1 wedge of cheese. I was starting to get kind of bored with my same ole same ole on the veggies. Don't get me wrong, I could eat a head of cauliflower every night, but I do realize I have to expand to other veggies too for other vitamins.

Lightly fried mushrooms are ALWAYS a treat for me...just plain!

Fresh snow peas (1/2 cup) steamed in microwave proof bowl for apprx 30-60 secs. May be a few more calories but I lost weight anyway when I ate them, yum!