Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laureen17

Anyone have the old Sweet 'n Sour Glazed Chicken Recipe???

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I used to cook the Jenny Craig recipe called "Sweet 'n Sour Glazed Chicken." I had the recipe for 2 years and recently lost my recipe book. I tried doing some research, but the only recipe I can find is called "Sweet & Sour Chicken" and it is not the same one at all. The recipe I'm looking for calls for diced chicken, diced pineapples, ketchup, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, etc. I can't remember all of the ingredients and I do not have the instructions. Does anyone have this recipe?? Thanks!!

Hi Laureen17,

See recipe below.

This is not the Jenny Craig recipe but I believe it is very similar to what you are looking for. It is from the recipes at www.sparkspeople.com. Hope it helps.

Hilary

Sweet and Sour Glazed Chicken

Submitted by: CALL-ME-9-1-1

Introduction

Yum!

Minutes to Prepare: 5

Minutes to Cook: 20

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

• 5 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
    1 can (20oz) DOLE ® Pineapple Chunks
    3 Tbls packed brown sugar
    3 Tbls ketchup
    3 Tbls low sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbls white or cider vinegar
    1 Tbl cornstarch
    1 tsp ground ginger

Directions

1. Grill or broil chicken 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

2. Combine pineapple chunks, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and ginger in saucepan.

3. Cook until sauce boils and thickens.

4. Spoon sauce over broiled or grilled chicken before serving.

Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CALL-ME-9-1-1.

Calories per serving: 155.3

fat 1 gram

carbs 17.9 grams

fibre0.7 grams

protein 18.9 grams

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Why have two rather flavorless street tacos when you can have four stuffed tacos and get your veggies in also?
      I sautéed Trader Joe's frozen fire roasted peppers & onions with the JC taco filling to which I added some cayenne & ground cumin (I like spicy). While that was cooking I sliced up a green onion and fresh cilantro and cooked the four tortillas on my grill pan. I assembled the four tortillas with broccoli slaw, then the taco mixture, followed by cilantro & green onion. I topped all that with a little fresh lime juice and wow is it good!
      i have a photo but can't seem to upload it!
    • KGoody
      By KGoody
      I didn't have any spinach and really wanted the chicken fettuccine (my JC version of comfort food) so today I added chopped garlic (good for my cold), mushrooms and chopped tomatoes.  It was so DELICIOUS!!  I will definitely make this again and again and again.......
      I heated the fettuccine in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes, while that was cooking I salted the garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes.  Added the fettuccine and sauted until bubbly.

• 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      I just devoured my delicious lunch of JC Kung Pao Beef to which I added a serving of steamed cauliflower rice. I mixed it all up and topped it off with a little sriracha sauce. It was delicious and very filling.  
      I'm interested in how YOU volumize the Kung Pao Beef entree.
    • 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Today for lunch I enjoyed the Classic Cheeseburger. I wanted to volumize with lettuce, a slice of heirloom tomato, pickle slices, onion, etc. but did not have any tomatoes besides tiny grape tomatoes. SO instead I sautéed some yellow onion slices and sliced white mushrooms. I sweated them down and then added a little garlic powder and black pepper. I piled that all on my burger and it was amazing. Super good! I can't wait to order another burger next week!
      I really am enjoying the food. I think JC has improved the food to go along with the higher prices!
      I'm very thankful I have kept up my Premier member "dues" of either $39 or $49 a year (its been so long I don't remember) that 30% discount sure does help!
    • 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Hi all,
      I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to volumize the Lemon Garlic Shrimp. So far all I've come up is with some sautéed zucchini. In the fridge I have zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, chopped kale, spinach, carrots, celery, sugar snap peas and riced cauliflower (and of course onion).
      I'm curious to hear what other people have done.
      Thanks for your input.
    • gypsyone
      By gypsyone
      I miss the sauce that used to come with the sunshine sandwich. Does anyone have a similar recipe? I used taco sauce and didn't like it. I want it like the original and I can figure out what was in it. Thanks
    • Tracy - Jenny Craig
      By Tracy - Jenny Craig
      Preview the Simple Inspirations (Volumizing) recipes that go along with our new menu items! Then, share your recipe ideas below!
      Decadence and elegance are on the menu. Losing weight never tasted so good. This flavorful dinner classic has rich cuts of prime rib drenched in a rich merlot and mushroom sauce.
      Beef Merlot with Spinach Mushroom Sauté
      Sauté garlic, fresh spinach and sliced mushrooms in a non-stick pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice, toss and serve warm on the side.
      Beef Merlot with Crisp Side Salad
      Toss crisp lettuce leaves with cherry tomatoes and thinly sliced radishes. Serve with 1 Tbsp. of your favorite Jenny Craig dressing.

• Tracy - Jenny Craig
      By Tracy - Jenny Craig
      Preview the Simple Inspirations (Volumizing) recipes that go along with our new menu items! Then, share your recipe ideas below!
      Turn your favorite lettuce mix into a lunchtime fiesta with our new Southwest Chicken Salad Topper.
      Southwest Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
      Combine Southwest Style Chicken Salad Topper and Jenny Craig Salsa Ranch Dressing with 2 cups shredded cabbage, 1/2 mango diced and 1 cup diced jicama. Toss and enjoy!

• 1608_JC_AugFood_291x244_GardenVegFrittata_background.jpg

• Topics

• Sidebar_Food-Cheeseburger.jpg

• Similar Content

• 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Why have two rather flavorless street tacos when you can have four stuffed tacos and get your veggies in also?
      I sautéed Trader Joe's frozen fire roasted peppers & onions with the JC taco filling to which I added some cayenne & ground cumin (I like spicy). While that was cooking I sliced up a green onion and fresh cilantro and cooked the four tortillas on my grill pan. I assembled the four tortillas with broccoli slaw, then the taco mixture, followed by cilantro & green onion. I topped all that with a little fresh lime juice and wow is it good!
      i have a photo but can't seem to upload it!
    • KGoody
      By KGoody
      I didn't have any spinach and really wanted the chicken fettuccine (my JC version of comfort food) so today I added chopped garlic (good for my cold), mushrooms and chopped tomatoes.  It was so DELICIOUS!!  I will definitely make this again and again and again.......
      I heated the fettuccine in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes, while that was cooking I salted the garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes.  Added the fettuccine and sauted until bubbly.

• 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      I just devoured my delicious lunch of JC Kung Pao Beef to which I added a serving of steamed cauliflower rice. I mixed it all up and topped it off with a little sriracha sauce. It was delicious and very filling.  
      I'm interested in how YOU volumize the Kung Pao Beef entree.
    • 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Today for lunch I enjoyed the Classic Cheeseburger. I wanted to volumize with lettuce, a slice of heirloom tomato, pickle slices, onion, etc. but did not have any tomatoes besides tiny grape tomatoes. SO instead I sautéed some yellow onion slices and sliced white mushrooms. I sweated them down and then added a little garlic powder and black pepper. I piled that all on my burger and it was amazing. Super good! I can't wait to order another burger next week!
      I really am enjoying the food. I think JC has improved the food to go along with the higher prices!
      I'm very thankful I have kept up my Premier member "dues" of either $39 or $49 a year (its been so long I don't remember) that 30% discount sure does help!
    • 1sped1
      By 1sped1
      Hi all,
      I'm looking for suggestions on what to use to volumize the Lemon Garlic Shrimp. So far all I've come up is with some sautéed zucchini. In the fridge I have zucchini, mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, chopped kale, spinach, carrots, celery, sugar snap peas and riced cauliflower (and of course onion).
      I'm curious to hear what other people have done.
      Thanks for your input.