Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GwenJ

Anyone else in this boat?

24 posts in this topic

Seems like everyone has under 100 lbs to lose. Am I the only boat in this ocean?

No, dear, you're not! I have a total of 159 to lose. I'm down 98.9 from last May. (I'm too stubborn to call it 100 yet. lol!)

me too, and mine is closer to 300 than 200, but I like the sound of over 200 pounds better :)

:D

Wow Carmen, that is fantastic!! Keep up the great work! And I'm with ya, I refuse to say 23 lbs. It's 22.8. I am going to OWN every ounce and will not take credit for what isn't there yet. My total lost goal is 254. Just feel like everyone else needs to drop 40 or even 60 max. Then here I sit on the 2300 calorie plan with over 200 lbs to lose. lol

i am a hundred pounder! just makes for more of a fun challenge!!

I need to lose at least 112 pounds. Well, now 106.8! :D

My original goal, I feel like I was in denial. I didn't know just what I was actually capable of. I started at 271.4 and set my goal weight of 190. Well, I don't want to maintain at 190 anymore, although at the time I was setting that goal, that seemed so far away and a weight I could handle. But, I can handle more and I actually know that now. My actual total goal will be around 106 total pounds lost (for a goal weight of 165)

I have over 150 to lose, I have lost 31 lbs so far! Sometimes it seems hard to focus on such a big number, so I set smaller goals! We can do it! You are not alone!

Jessica- My goal weight is 165 too. But obviously that depends on how my body adjusts. I have naturally broader shoulders and I'm 5'11. I just threw 165 into the mix because I figured that sounded like a good goal to move towards. I haven't been that small.....I don't ever remember being 165.

Thanks Kristie. :) I'm trying to look at it 10 lbs at a time. Because really, it does add up. I thought 2.6 was a very small amount of weight to lose on Week 2. BUT, look at the weeks go by and it's already almost 23. Trying to keep up the momentum.

You know, whether it's losing or maintaining, we will always ALL be on this journey until the end of our days. It's not like the commitment stops once you hit goal. You're not nor will you ever be alone. :)

There are many of us here with quite a bit to lose! I have lost 111 and have 5 more to go to get to my goal. It has taken a year and a half so far, but I am feeling great so keeping with the program and so ready to get to goal and do maintenance.

Gwen,

I am wanting to lose 140 total so youre not alone by any means!

Adding another boat to the ocean here. I had a goal of 126 lbs to lose. My year anniversary on JC was this week and so far I've lost 112. So close. I remember very clearly looking at having to lose over 100 lbs and thinking that it would be impossible and would never happen. Don't think that way! You can see with me and all of the other wonderful people here that it is possible and you can and will do it. Setting up small goals is the way to go and be sure to reward yourself as you achieve them. You deserve it.

I figured it up this evening and my weight loss goal is 249.6 lbs. I was just curious if anyone was 200 + like I am.

Gwen I know we have a couple of people who have been posting (12Monkeys for one). Many simply post in the general forum. Although we might not know exactly what you are going through, we are all here to support you and help in any way possible. You are doing an amazing job with JC! Kudos!

Thanks Prudie. I'm feeling changes in my body every day and sometimes I think that those that have such little amounts to lose don't know how big of an accomplishment it is to be able to stand up off the couch without pushing off of it or getting a foot up on the bathroom sink to paint the toe nails. We all have our struggles and respond to things differently. 249 lbs seems like such a long way to go but I'm looking at it as 11% towards my goal. :)

Gwen, sorry it took so long to reply to your latest post. I'm with you on being able to reach your toes! When I started JC I had to lay on my bed and pull my foot as close as I could and wiggle my socks on a little at a time as I held my breath to get them closer to my hands. There was no bending over. I had a bench in my shower because it was too difficult to stand and wash (no way I could get in and out of the tub). It's miserable when your body won't let you even do simple things.

I couldn't look at the whole amount in the beginning. I had to break it down in smaller pieces and work towards 10 lbs at a time. You have done an amazing job in just 7 weeks!! 11% down is fantastic!! My doctor told me a year ago that just losing even 10% would reduce my troubles with my diabetics (Type 2). You're well on your way!

Just think how fast a year goes by--mine fly by the older I get--you'll be looking at the other end of the numbers.

Hi! I'm new here also. I have 200 to lose also...I lost almost 30 lbs with Nutrisystem this year, but got tired of the food (which was not entirely horrible). I'm just ready for a change and need a very structured plan. Instead of thinking of it as 200 pounds, I'm celebrating each new "weight decade" and have put my first major goal at 5% of original starting weight, 10% then 298. I'm hopeful.

Ellie, Welcome to JC and the boards. Excellent idea to break down the losses into manageable results. Consider setting some small rewards for each goal and celebrating your accomplishment when you reach them. Let us all know too. We'll celebrate right along with you!

Hi Prudie!

You just answered my post, but for some reason the website made me change names. That's fine. Once, Ellie (my nickname), now Leslie.

So far, JC is ok. I am finding the food to be good (with few exceptions). I still don't feel that I have a handle on the add-ins. Not always certain what and how much to choose.

Any ideas???

Do you mean the fruit and veggie servings? Look up the serving sizes of your favorite fruits and write them down. Use it as a guide every time you go to get your fruits from the fridge. In regards to veggies, at least a cup of non starchy veggies at lunch and dinner. I end up eating more but that's just me. lol Non starchy and you are good. It takes some time to figure it all out but it WILL come.

I'm in this boat too - I just started today and have at least 200 to lose (almost exactly 200). It's good to know I'm not alone.

Def not alone Violet! I'm in the same boat with you. Over 200 lbs to lose just seems like it's so different than 20 or 30 lbs. Much bigger lifestyle change and more obstacles. You said in your other post that you are walking for 10 minutes at a time now and that's FANTASTIC! That's how I was at the beginning. This morning we walked for 64 minutes. can you believe that? In the beginning I couldn't make it 10 minutes without my back going numb and throbbing pain. This morning it was over an hour!