Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meredith14

Foods=Microwave?

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm thinking of joining but I have a question about the prepacked foods. Are they microwaved to heat up or can I heat them in the oven or stove top? I don't have or use a microwave and really don't want to get one.

So just wondering about reheating the food.

Meredith

The meals can be heated by the microwave or an oven.

Just know, as with most things that it takes longer in an oven. But, there are also some meals you can use a toaster oven or heat on the stove top.

When I use the oven, which I prefer, I always take the food out of the plastic tray and put it in a 9" cake pan or

a pyrex dish. Much better.

Some people have purchased toaster ovens to use. I am still in the process of looking at them, but plan on getting one.

Hi. I put my JC lasagna in the pyrex dish tonight, with a little olive oil Pam on the bottom of the dish, and it was delicious. I take a lot of meals out of the plastic tray. I heat up a lot of the pasta dishes or stir-fry dishes in a frying pan, right out of the freezer, and they are always so good.

Hope this helps :)

You can use the oven for the frozen dishes. Many of the shelf stable foods can be heated up on the stovetop (submerged in boiling water). Personally, I think the foods taste much better out of the oven, but it does take anywhere from 20-45 minutes.

you can heat them up a number of ways and it is all detailed on the packaging for you - lots of different options