Laurie S

Kale Chips and Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe Needed Please :)

19 posts in this topic

Kale Chips and Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe Needed Please. I read about them here on Jenny Craig and I bought the stuff, but I can't find the recipes for either. Please help :rolleyes: Thanks!!!!

3 people like this

I copied/pasted these from another thread.....enjoy!

Cauliflower Popcorn:

Use fresh or frozen florets. In a large bowl drizzle a (teeny) bit of olive oil (less than a teaspoon) on them and a bit of Mrs. Dash. Stir them all up and put them on a cookie sheet in a 425 degree oven and roast them for about 45 minutes. Cauliflower has a natural sugar in it that caramelizes at a high temperature. It's WONDERFUL. Eat it like a bowl of popcorn.

Kale Chips:

-preheat oven to about 375*

-use about 1 OXO salad spinner's worth of kale (which was a stuffed grocery store bag worth)

-tear the leaves off the thick stems into bite size pieces and spread of cookie sheet.

-drizzle w/about 2 tsp of olive oil

-sprinkle w/parmesan, asiago or your seasonings of choice. Plus a sprinkle of kosher salt

-bake for about 15 min until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan.

Thank you so much! I will be trying them soon! Do you know if the kale has to be completely dry before plceing in oven for baking? :rolleyes: Thanks!!

4 people like this

I sure dont, sorry! I would think it would be ok to be a lil damp though...just not soaking wet. The heat from the oven will probably dry them..

OK, thanks! My plan is to wash the kale and then spin it out in the salad spinner and then cook as directed. I am hoping they really turn out like chips... So I can eat them with salsa... which is a weakness of mine :P

4 people like this

In this case, thats a good weakness, lol. Salsa is diet must have!

Let me know how they turn out.....I've been wanting to try them.

I tried both of them tonight. Both uniquly different. Probably wont make either again, but both were good. I think that I over salted the kale chips, but I really liked the crunch and they were good with the new batch of salsa I made. Could not dip them, becasue they would break... so I spooned the salsa on top of them and they were good. The hearty kale turned very thin and crisp when baked.... I am not a huge fan of cauliflower, but the baked version was tasty... not anything like popcorn though... the longer it cooked, the better it tasted :rolleyes: Thanks for the recipes Melissa!

3 people like this

Good to know Laurie.....and your most welcome! :)

I like your new picture :) Very nice!!!

3 people like this

Thx girl.....I cut off the long hair, time for a change! ^_^

I know!!! I am going to get a cut, color, and straightening on June 1st. I am so excited for a new change. The picture I posted on JC is from about 4 years ago. I was 40 pounds lighter and had my hair straightened. My hair is naturally curly and it is thin, fine and frizzy all at once... On a side note, I lost 2 more pounds this week, taking my total to 8 lbs lost in 3 weeks. I am super excited about it and really enjoying the food. I need to work some more exercize into the picture though. I have chronic fatigue syndrome and get so tired, so quickly. What do you do for exercize? :ph34r:

3 people like this

I lost 2 more pounds this week, taking my total to 8 lbs lost in 3 weeks.

Girl that is AWESOME!!!! You are doing better than average.....GO YOU!!

As far as exercise....I walk mostly, and some days I will get on my elliptical, and some days I will lift light weights.....I keep it all mixed up. lol.

You MUST post a pic of your new hair-do when you get it.....I bet you are stunning any way you do your hair. In your pic you are one cutie patootie ;)

Thanks! You're a doll! I definatley need to add weights into the picture :rolleyes:

3 people like this

OMG... never thought I would want Kale chips or cauliflower popcorn again after I made them the first time. Not becasue they were bad, just because they are time consuming... but so craving the Kale chips... picked up 2 different types of kale today. Going to make some salsa to have them with... YUM!

2 people like this

I am REALLY going to have to try them!

I just made another batch... it was a different kind of Kale than I used before. The leaves were thicker and heartier... but it also had a much stronger taste. I didn't like the taste of it alone... however, used with salsa, they were great! The chips are not strong enough to dip, like a chip, but I just spoon the salsa on :)

3 people like this

I still havent tried it.....I need to soon though.

I've made kale chips with olive oil and kosher salt and they turned out really good! I think the "curly" kale holds up better. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with spray Pam olive oil? I think that might cut down on the fat but I have not tried it yet. I like it when some of the chips come out crunchy, and some are still a bit chewy. Good stuff. And kale is SO good for you!

I have tried with 2 different types and I have to agree that the "curly" kale holds up better. I will have to try with the Pam Olive Oil Spray. I have just been putting the kale in a bag and then pouring some olive oil on with garlic salt, then closing and shaking the bag.I like the crunchy ones. They remind me of lays potato chips :)

2 people like this