Blessed4Life2

Reward ideas for reaching a goal

20 posts in this topic

I know we have done this many times before, but since we have so many newbies I thought it would be fun and helpful to throw out some ideas to help them reward themselves....so pitch in my chickadees B)

What are some of the rewards you have given yourself for reaching a goal?

here are a couple of mine:

- a new sexy under garment to make yourself feel good :P

- manicure with a bright funky polish

- a new book.....a good one is "100 Days of Weightloss" by L.Spangle

Ah Melissa I just posted about this in the Oct. buddies forum. :) After my WI this morning I am 1.2lbs away from halfway, and when I hit it I am going for a professional hair color and new style. I stopped doing this about a year ago because I'd lost so much self-worth as I got heavier.

When I hit goal I'm going to have some wear and tear scrubbed off my face with microdermabrasion. :o

I rewarded myself with new clothes. All of my old clothes were too big. I had a yard sale last fall and I sold all the jeans that were too big on me so I would force myself not to go back there. Oh yeah, I also cut my hair...and got some fancy nails at one point also :)

I just posted this over in a different thread, but when I hit goal, I am getting a tattoo. Something I always wanted by thought wouldn't be cute on me while I was heavy.

I think when I get to halfway, I'll see about a trip to the spa and getting a massage or a facial. :D

I've been thinking about this. I have a Pandora bracelet and I was going to get a charm for every 10lbs. But that was going to get a little too expensive. So then I thought when I hit goal, which will be a 106 lb weigh loss from when I started over a year ago, I am going to buy myself a Tiffany ring. One that I will wear all the time and will serve as a reminder of my accomplishment and will remind me to stay on track.

Ohh, Tiffany. Nice idea, Tinyrah!

These are all great ideas. Here are a few more:

-pedi

-new workout dvd

-a new accessory.....like earrings, bracelet, purse etc...

-candles and gourmet tea to relax w/while reading in the evenings after a long day

-new workout clothing

-jc cookbook

-light weights for toning...got to help that sagging skin :PB)

I could go on and on....

New spring and summer clothes. I love sandals, purses....my husband said when I reach goal, I can have juvederm or filler for the small wrinkles on both sides of my mouth. Can't wait and may be booking appointment soon. Less than 20 lbs. to go, but I realize it will be slow going now.

I'm not much into massages or hot baths and that sort of thing so for me it was finding some great transition clothes on sale or "going on a quest" to thrift stores, flea markets and consignment shops to find "transitional" clothes knowing that having the smaller clothes also made me look and feel thinner and that invariably brought on comments from folks and that is also nice to get so you know that people can see the difference. :)

I can't wait to replace my wardrobe when I get to goal!!! I went to Plato's Closet this week and tried on a few cute dresses (and felt really excited about how I looked in them!) but didn't buy any yet... The prospect is very exciting though. :D

At some point I need to treat myself to a haircut and a gym membership.

I went to Plato's Closet this week and tried on a few cute dresses

Oh I love Plato's Closet.....we have 2 of them and you can find name brand clothing for way less.

Hannah, you've lost 55 lbs, you deserve at least one new dress, maybe just for special occaisions.

At my half way point I got myself a manicure and now I continue with it every 2wks, I deserve it!

When I hit goal I bought myself a 10 class pass to a gym that does TRX suspension training, my new obsession and I also bought myself this really pretty pink and black jacket for training for The Flying Pig Half Marathon.

Hello all,

Well today I went below 160 (yea!), and after I went for a mani-pedi. 9 lbs to goal. When I hit goal, I am planning a major clothes shopping spree, and since I want to be at goal for my 40th birthday, this will be my birthday present to myself! My bday falls on a Friday this year, and I've already put in for the day off of work, so I can have a shopping day. :D

Congrats, Leigh, on achieving a MAJOR milestone. Whoooo-hooooo!!!!! And I LOVE the idea you have planned for yourself for your milestone birthday. BTW, you don't look a day over 30! :)

Hello all,

Well today I went below 160 (yea!), and after I went for a mani-pedi. 9 lbs to goal. When I hit goal, I am planning a major clothes shopping spree, and since I want to be at goal for my 40th birthday, this will be my birthday present to myself! My bday falls on a Friday this year, and I've already put in for the day off of work, so I can have a shopping day. :D

Woot Woot...CONGRATS!!!! Thats what I call a fantabulous gift to yourself girl....I like that!!!

Happy 'early' Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!......phyllis is correct-a-mondO, you dont look a day over 30 ;)

I have an ipad, and I use it at the gym lots. I have been "treating" myself with ipad apps and magazine subsciptions.

Some of my favorites are:

The Jenny Craig - Dining out guide app

TickerFactory app

Full Fitness app

Nike plus GPS

I can also buy magazines right on my ipad and have bought

Prevention

Fitness

and Running Magazine

When I get to my next goal I am going to buy one on subscription!

I am really proud of myself for taking control of my weight journey.

Hi,

I have been buying workout clothes as I have been losing.

BUT - I plan on a big reward when I reach 170. I used to ride horses professionally back in my teens and 20s despite weighing about what I do now. I am in better shape now even though my back and hip are bad and I have to use care when exercising.

I ordered one pair of riding jodphurs that do not fit my legs so I have another pair coming that is a next size up. If still a problem, I will get them tailored as I know the waist will be a bit big and the legs can be adjusted then.

I will go for a riding lesson at a local farm that has produced several top-notch equitation riders in the Saddlebred world as well as other WC (world champions). I know the owners from back when I used to ride. The lesson will be expensive but I really want to get back on a horse and I know their lesson horses are excellent teachers.

Melissa and Phyllis -- thanks for the kind words! I do appreciate all your wisdom and advice and support on these boards! :rolleyes:

Melissa and Phyllis -- thanks for the kind words! I do appreciate all your wisdom and advice and support on these boards! :rolleyes:

Thats what we're here for, to help each other.....you're so welcome Leigh!