GSDMom

New foods

7 posts in this topic

I have been a member of JC since April 2010 and I have to tell you, I am now really struggling with my JC foods. I am sooooo sick of eating the same thing all the time. I have tried everything that is available and I am so disgusted that hardly anything new has been introduced and kept on the menu. I am ready to just throw in the towel and do it on my own. I think the people who design the menus should have to eat the JC menu for at least 3-6 mos and maybe they would know what it's like to be a member. I don't even want to go to the center and pick up my food. I find myself sinking back into my old habits of only eating 2 meals a day since I am not looking forward to eating anymore. I have tried doing things on my own as well, but strangely enough it seems that I have lost my taste for "real" food (which I guess isn't all that bad). I just can't wait until my membership is up. I should have stopped after the original 6 mos. Very dissatisfied.

I too am tired of the choices. I gag after trying to eat half of the options... just cant eat the same stuff for months and months.. never mind a year! My weight loss has now stopped because I cant eat the food. Thanks

This happened to me too. I am down to two lunch choices and two dinner choices that I can stil stomach. I eat my own breakfasts and snacks. But I have been doing DOMO and MOMO instead, and doing fine with that. I figure I kind of am preparing for maintenance early.

There are also gazillions of frozen dinners that are 1/3 the price and taste just as good and have similar nutritional profiles. I have been enjoying some of the Smart Ones. That makes for a nice change.

I have just 10 more pounds to go. As soon as I hit my goal, I am going to stop Jenny.

Gotta agree with you. They need to rotate the foods on a monthly if not every two month basis. Better quality foods as well.

check out the under 300 calorie recipes on hungrygirl.com I actually downloaded the recipe book from amazon to my kindle and use that for nights JC just doesn't look good.

I too am tired of the choices. I gag after trying to eat half of the options... just cant eat the same stuff for months and months.. never mind a year! My weight loss has now stopped because I cant eat the food. Thanks

We've all been there but if you're willing to put in some work to make your meals something different, then you can do this. I did! :)

I'm going to give you two links to some very successful folks who have been on Jenny who put together some recipes for changing up the JC meals.

http://community.jennycraig.com/index.php/topic/3889-princess-rose-recipes/page__pid__31377#entry31377

http://www.nothankstocake.blogspot.com/

The recipes are great and with a little effort, you'll not only be able to lose the weight and keep it off, but you'll also really ENJOY all of your meals - I promise! :)

I haven't been on Jenny for long but I don't think I will have much of a problem with the foods becoming boring.

Just with the Broccoli/Cheese Baked Potatoes.....I have had 3 so far and changed the flavor each time with my addins. I never have had much trouble with eating the same food, ever. If I like it, I can eat it over and over again indefinately.

Now, my time with Nutrisystem was different. The food is HORRIBLE....NOTHING could make them taste good. Believe me, I tried for months. Yuck...... :huh: