• 1707_JC_PerfectPortion_Header-min.png

Sign in to follow this  

Parisa A. lost 102 Lbs.* and is the Happiest and Healthiest She’s Ever Been

Elisa - Jenny Craig

*Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week.

parisa-blog-img-b.jpg

Parisa was featured in Women’s Health Magazine and explains her story in her own words:

“Weighing 270 lbs. on my wedding day and seeing myself in the photos hit me hard. I was ready to make a change. No more excuses!”

My name is Parisa, I’m 28 and I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my life. At 17, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease which is a chronic autoimmune, inflammatory bowel disorder. I relied on medication to control the pain and the severe digestive problems I was experiencing. Once achieving remission and having no active symptoms, I quickly began to overeat, gaining over 50 lbs. I coped with stress by eating and during my years of college, graduate school, and job hunting, the pounds continued to pile on. Eating a large package of double stuffed cookies and a family size bag of potato chips were frequent snacks that I thoroughly enjoyed.

“I was ready to make a change and I vowed to commit to choices in my life that would make that change happen.”

I was married in October 2015 weighing 270 lbs., which was the heaviest that I’d ever been. I was excited about my wedding, but being a size 22 made bridal gown shopping a challenge. The gown I chose was lovely, but wearing it did not make me feel like a beautiful bride. I had pangs of remorse that I had not lost weight for my big day. I blew it off by making jokes about my appearance and let it go to enjoy my wedding.

Weeks later when I was looking at my wedding pictures, I was overcome with strong emotions that hit me hard. I saw my groom and bride maids looking healthy and happy. When I looked at myself in the photos, I felt little joy. I was immersed in regret, disappointment and sadness. Fortunately, those feelings changed quickly to a fierce resolve to take back control of my life and make changes that would have me looking and feeling the way I wanted. I was ready to make a change and I vowed to commit to choices in my life that would make that change happen. There would be no more excuses.

A commercial for Jenny Craig came on as I was processing all of this, and I felt it was a sign. I made an appointment right away. The way to success was to be accountable, get support, and learn new eating habits. At Jenny Craig, I would have my own consultant to help me achieve these goals. The date was January 6, 2016, and it was a new beginning!

“My consultant has been one of my most enthusiastic cheerleaders, supporting me through the challenges and providing tips and strategies to keep me on the road to success.”

The Jenny Craig Program gave me the tools I needed to change my eating habits. The food was delicious, and I ate six times a day which helped me from feeling deprived and kept the hunger away. I stayed accountable to myself and my consultant by keeping a weekly menu planner to track what I ate and to record my weight. I stayed motivated by taking pictures documenting my weight loss and comparing them to pictures of me at my heaviest. When I needed extra motivation, I would look at those and remind myself of how far I’d come.

My consultant, Rosetta, has been one of my most enthusiastic cheerleaders, supporting me through the challenges and providing tips and strategies to keep me on the road to success. Most importantly, we became friends. Her reassurance and support gave me the encouragement to keep going and not give up. I don’t know what I would do without her.

“I am now the happiest and healthiest I’ve ever been. I feel back in control of my life and feel proud of my accomplishments that have given me back my life!”

I lost 102 lbs.* on Jenny Craig! During my journey, I achieved one of my most important goals which was to weigh less than 200lbs. on my first wedding anniversary. My health has improved tremendously and my medications for my Crohn’s disease have been drastically reduced. I’m able to walk up and down stairs and I no longer need my emergency inhaler. I’m able to exercise comfortably and have taken up several different activities including belly dancing and aerial yoga. Clothes shopping is fun now and I love that I can walk into any store and find something that fits. Gone are the days of endless snacking on double stuffed cookies and potato chips. I am now the happiest and healthiest I‘ve ever been. I feel back in control of my life and feel proud of my accomplishments that have given me back my life!

*Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week

Edited by Elisa - Jenny Craig

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

•