• 1707_JC_PerfectPortion_Header-min.png

Sign in to follow this  

Now “Half Her Size” After Dropping 117 lbs.*

Kari - Jenny Craig

*Results not typical. Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week

Jessica Linz v1.jpg

From four fast food breakfast sandwiches in the morning to running a half marathon. We are so proud of our member Jessica L. from Bentonville, AR who lost 117* lbs. on the Jenny Craig program and who was featured in People for losing half her size! Scroll down for the before and after. 

By Jessica Linz

I wasn't always heavy. I was a cheerleader in high school, but started gaining weight when I went to college. I stopped exercising and the pounds piled on year-by-year. I gained most of my weight during my pregnancies. I didn't deny myself anything. I would eat big bowls of ice cream every night and would go to the fast food drive though in the morning and order 4 breakfast sandwiches and a hash brown for each. I had tried fad diets in the past with little success. I had such a poor image of myself and would lie to myself saying ‘I would start my diet tomorrow’ as I went through the line at a fast food restaurant. At my heaviest, I weighed 256 pounds. I was a work-at-home and stay-at-home mom who dressed in yoga pants, a nursing tank and a robe. I really didn’t care about myself. I was a mommy to two little babies and busy trying to work in my down time. Exercise was not a priority. Pushing a stroller around the block or running the vacuum was my only cardio. After the kids went to bed, my husband would go out and pick up fast food or take out for our dinner. That was our routine and something we did way too often. As the kids started to get bigger, I had more time for myself. My husband has always been fit but, he had put on weight just like me during the pregnancies. He started running and I supported him, but never in a million years would have thought to get out there and join him. I envied him and started to even resent him a little just because he was doing what he said he would, and was seeing results.

Turning Point

Jessica Linz B43.jpg

I remember January-May 2015 being a very dark time for me. I was about to turn 30 and nothing fit me. I was squeezing into my Spanx and wished they had one I could wear all over my entire body. I was so soft and doughy. I’ve kept a journal on and off since I was 12-years-old, and going back to read entries from those months are hard. I was so depressed. I literally hated myself. I hid it well, no one ever knew of my struggles or the way I viewed myself during that time. I knew I needed to change, but I honestly didn't know what to do. I had tried so many different diets and although I did lose a few pounds initially, I felt that I could never sustain the loss. My answer came when my mom called to tell me that she and my younger brother were joining Jenny Craig to lose weight and get healthy. I was so ready to try something new and decided to join too. I loved the idea of having my own personal consultant who would help me stay accountable during my weight loss journey.

The Journey

The Jenny Craig program worked well for me. During my first week at Jenny Craig, I lost 6 pounds and started to exercise. Each week, I met with my consultant and learned about portion control, balanced nutrition and the importance of drinking water. Having the weekly consultations was exactly what I needed to be successful. I consistently followed my Jenny Craig menu plan. I loved the food and I loved not having to think about what to eat. My consultant taught me that I can seriously eat anything I want as long as it's portioned correctly. I've grown close to my consultant and to all the Jenny Craig staff at the center. They have supported me tremendously, and shared their own struggles and successes with weight loss. Becoming active was also important to me. I decided to set a goal of running a 5k that year. I started walking or running almost every day. At first, I couldn't run one lap around a track but I kept at it, gaining confidence as my stamina and endurance increased.

Transformation

Jessica before and after v2.jpg

I lost 117 lbs.* on Jenny Craig and a grand total of 134 lbs. from my heaviest weight! My mom and younger brother also had great success on the program. We had each other to lean on during this amazing experience and could not be more proud of our results. Maintaining my healthy eating habits and my commitment to fitness keeps my weight where I want it to be. When I prepare meals, I serve lean meats and fish with lots of veggies. I now run 10 miles a week and love to mix up my routine with dance exercise, cycling and toning classes, which helps me stay lean without adding bulk. I am energetic and more flexible now and can even do a back bend again! My upcoming goal is to run my hometown half marathon in April 2017. In the past, I struggled with new things. Starting something new filled me with the fear that I would eventually fail. Joining Jenny Craig and my success at losing weight has given me my confidence back. I am now the mom and wife I’ve always wanted to be because I feel good about myself. I love knowing that I am setting a good example of healthy living for my kids. I’ve learned that starting something new doesn't have to be scary. The scariest thing for me was feeling like I had no control. Thanks to a weight loss plan that was right for me and becoming more active, I am in control of my life and confident to do anything. My fear is gone!

*Results not typical. Members following our program, on average, lose 1-2 lbs. per week

Edited by Kari - Jenny Craig

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest wise woman crone

Posted

I see the real you in your after photo.  Congratulations.  I joined JC in 2008.  Lost 60 lbs in about 18 months and have kept it off.  I've had different, wonderful consultants over the years and I, too, even on maintenance, have needed them for success.   I look forward to her monthly call.   I'll be 65 this year and my motivation for keeping the weight off is that I don't want to take away the gift I gave to myself--to become my natural weight.  I didn't really know what that was as I battled excess weight all my life.  Good job taking the weight off while you are young and can enjoy your new natural self for many years to come.   Over time you will only remember yourself as slender.  And good job to your mother and brother too.  Peace and joy.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

•