Best Clothes for Transitioning Weight LossBy Jenny Craig
Part of the weight loss journey is celebrating yourself throughout the process. One of the biggest moments during your journey is when you notice how your clothes are fitting you—or really, not fitting you anymore! Clothes that you wore before your weight loss will get looser and baggier, and will hide your new shape.
We encourage everyone to celebrate milestones throughout the weight loss journey, and one of the ways you can celebrate is with buying new clothes or tailoring your current clothing.
When you go clothes shopping, consider finding items that can be easily tailored later, as well as making sure you have a few basic pieces along the way. Here are the best clothes for transitioning weight loss.
1. Dresses. Dresses are always a fantastic staple to have in your closet. They can be dressed up for work or kept casual for a day out with your family or friends. You can also belt a dress to define your waist. Matte jersey is one fabric that may experience some shrinking with washing, which in this case plays well for a body in transition.
Image by My Wifestyles
2. Button down shirt/blouse. Button down shirts can be tailored as you continue to lose weight. They also provide a few options for work/play, as you can tuck them in during work and wear it out with a great pair of jeans.
3. Stretchy pants. Stretchy pants are not only comfortable, but they can also adjust to your changing body! Look for what type of band these pants have, such as an elastic waist or sweatband with a tie, so you can continue to wear them at different sizes. Avoid pants that are too baggy. Many stores carry stretchy pants with a slimmer leg for a flattering look.
4. Undergarments. Get measured every few months for a proper fitting bra, and look for a band that can be easily adjusted.
5. Jeans. Another basic item that can be easily tailored as you reach your goal. A dark wash may look more slimming, but look for jeans that flatter your shape. Jeans with 2% stretch will also help slim over your figure and not feel as tight from the get-go.
6. Accessorize! Fun accessories can add a splash of color and trendiness to any outfit and can be worn at any stage in your journey. Look for patterned scarves, statement necklaces and bold earrings.
Just as your body transitions, so does your mindset: You’ll be feeling more confident with how you look and feel. And you should feel proud of your success as you’re one step closer to your goal weight.
Edited by Kari - Jenny Craig