Game Day Trio - Appetizer RecipeBy Jenny Craig
Get your game face on! Here is a tasty trio appetizer recipe for the big game this Sunday. Whether you’re tuning in to watch the puppies or the pros, this Jenny Craig-friendly appetizer will keep your taste buds happy.
Game Day Trio - Appetizer Recipe
Submitted by Jessica H. for Jenny Craig's 2017 Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest
JENNY CRAIG LOADED BAKED POTATO
¼ cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 ¾ cups cauliflower florets
½ cup quartered artichoke hearts, canned
3 Tbsp white or yellow onion, diced
½ tsp spicy brown mustard
½ Tbsp hot sauce
2 Tbsp tomato, diced
Roasted red bell pepper, canned or jarred (oil-free)
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Microwave Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato for 1 minute, and separate the
filling from the potato skin. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe dish, cover and microwave cauliflower florets for 4-6 minutes, or until fork-tender.
3. Sauté onion in pan coated with non-stick cooking spray on medium heat for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. Add onion, spinach, ½ cup of the cauliflower, artichoke hearts and mustard to a blender or food
processor. Blend until smooth.
5. Scoop spinach-artichoke mixture into the potato skin and place in oven-safe dish, and bake covered for
25 minutes, then uncovered for another 10 minutes.
6. Add red bell pepper and hot sauce to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, and use to coat
remaining cauliflower. Bake cauliflower on oven-safe tray lined with parchment paper for 10-12 minutes.
7. Microwave the Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato filling in microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes and scoop
into balls with melon baller or ice-cream scoop.
8. Bake potato balls at 425° F for approximately 15 minutes.
9. Top spinach-artichoke potato with diced tomatoes and serve.
LOADED BAKED POTATO (2 Starch, 1 ½ Protein, ½ Fat)
3 Fresh & Free Additions