“New year, new you” is a phrase that becomes very popular around the beginning of January—everyone seems to be making resolutions to improve their health and happiness! And while you may be sticking with a resolution or two, studies have found that by February, only 58% of people are still committed to their resolution!
How can you keep your New Year’s resolution and not feel discouraged? Follow these tips:
· Write down your resolution. It’s easy to think about your resolution, but having it written down in a place you will see it every day is a great way to remind yourself of your goals.
· Change your mindset. If your resolution is to go exercise four times a week, and you were only able to go work out three times this past week, that’s okay! The fact that you did it three times this week is more than what you were doing, so take a moment to appreciate and give yourself a pat on the back!
· Celebrate your success. Having a specific resolution, like saving a certain amount of money per month or hitting your goal weight, deserves a celebration! Set up a small rewards system for yourself, and when you hit a milestone, celebrate!
· Sleep more. You may have quite a bit on your plate, with work, family, friends, the gym, cooking, etc. That being said, you can’t be on the go all the time. Resolutions are about commitment, and when you do not get enough sleep, impulse has a more likely chance to take the wheel.
· Pair up with someone on your resolution. If you and a friend or family member have similar resolutions, check in on each other! Ask about their progress via a text message or call, or plan activities together that match your goals.
· Discuss your goals with your consultant. Having someone hold you accountable is key to sticking to a resolution. Your Jenny Craig consultant is there for you, and you can discuss your progress and strategies that will help you stay committed to your resolution.
Resolutions are meant to help you create change toward being a better version of yourself. With a strong support system and a flexible mindset, you can make your resolution a reality! And if your resolutions deal with health and weight loss, Jenny Craig would love to be a part of your journey. Find a location near you today, or call 1-866-706-4042 to discuss your weight loss goals.