• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela Bate

Pamela Bate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Got a message on my phone last night that my JCC isnt going to be there anymore. That really doesnt help things for me. I am going to vent about myself.. I went on a small trip to see my kids this past week and things did not go well. I did good the first day but after that I blew it. I did not go wild and eat really bad things but I went off the plan. Seemed no one had a schedule for eating. I guess I am used to eating at a certain time. It was too long between meals and that wasnt good at all. I gained of course. But I am back at what I  was now.since i have been home. Also meeting up with "the ex" did not help things. He seemed to think we could get back together like a divorce never happened. NO WAY..

Also being off work for a while has affected me. I havent been anywhere much and now I am seriously depressed.. Please say a prayer for me whoever reads this..

I love reading your posts. :mellow:

#2 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

awe cheer up!   its a new day, a new start to anything you wanna do or anything you wanna be.   Maybe get outside and take a walk and enjoy the fresh air and stop and notice the little things.  I love walking because i get to see so much more than when i'm driving and it gets my mind off other things at least for a little while.

And dont forget when you go on trips, or are with other people,,, dont let them dictate when and what you eat. If you are on a schedule, stick to that schedule and tell them when you are gonna eat .   Nothing wrong with saying "its time for me to have my lunch" or snack or whatever .    Its your body, your life, take control.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

Sending hugs and prayers to you.  During those times it's easy to over eat and turn to food.  Keep strong, you will work through this. 

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

Total -6.8 lbs

#4 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Pamela

Don't beat yourself up...it takes time to learn new habits and so chalk that time up to a learning experience.  We all falter sometimes even those that have been on the plan for years (as I sit here almost raising my hand as one of those people).  I'll pray for you to have strength however know you'll get stronger with each new day and also be proud that you did have some control cause like you said you didn't go wild which that shows you are changing.  Congrats for getting right back on the plan too!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 trustnfaith

trustnfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Pamela,

My heart goes out to you. I have a history of depression and I am currently trying to emerge from a dark hole that I have been lying dormant in for 2 months. When I am depressed it is so easy for me to give up and just for spite punish myself too by overeating.

There are at least 2 things about you that have inspired me: One - your courage — you asked for help! And two - your self-love —  even though you had a stressful week and went off program, you immediately engaged in your JC program when you returned home. KUDOS GIRL!!! Way to take care of yourself!

My offering is to keep doing what you are doing: make courageous choices from self love.

What I find inspiring and uplifting is to walk in nature. I am an animal freak and get exhilarated at a deer siting, or the sound of a wood pecker (I can never visually see the son of the guns :>).

Halloween Challenge — lose 12 pounds!

Sep 08  -1.4

Sep 15  -2.2

Sep 22 

DiJhm7.png

#6 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Reaching out and being open about your feelings is so important - stay in touch and things will turn around

Jessi

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Summer Challenge Goal = get into 170's and lose 10 pounds

Week 1= 184

Week 2= 181.6

Week 3= 181.

Week 4= 180.4

Week 5= 181

Week 6= missed WI

Week 7= 174.6

Week 8= 176.4

Halloween Challenge goal - get below 170

week1=175.2

week2=176.2

week3

week4

week5

week6

week7

week8

1fa9a8ad-e1f6-4231-a611-575467dc2fab_zps

#7 grievous

grievous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Got a message on my phone last night that my JCC isnt going to be there anymore. That really doesnt help things for me. I am going to vent about myself.. I went on a small trip to see my kids this past week and things did not go well. I did good the first day but after that I blew it. I did not go wild and eat really bad things but I went off the plan. Seemed no one had a schedule for eating. I guess I am used to eating at a certain time. It was too long between meals and that wasnt good at all. I gained of course. But I am back at what I  was now.since i have been home. Also meeting up with "the ex" did not help things. He seemed to think we could get back together like a divorce never happened. NO WAY..

Also being off work for a while has affected me. I havent been anywhere much and now I am seriously depressed.. Please say a prayer for me whoever reads this..

I love reading your posts. :mellow:

Sending hugs thought and prayers.....  Keep it positive....

Kristine

#8 Pamela Bate

Pamela Bate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for all the good thoughts sent my way. I did get to see my JCC one last time. I hope I can find someone else who will help me just as much. Anyway i was down 3 pounds even with kind of bad week. Also today marked my 50lb loss. i am so glad for that.

#9 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

YAY!  That's awesome!!!!!  50 lbs is a great accomplishment!  So proud of you!

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

Total -6.8 lbs

#10 grievous

grievous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for all the good thoughts sent my way. I did get to see my JCC one last time. I hope I can find someone else who will help me just as much. Anyway i was down 3 pounds even with kind of bad week. Also today marked my 50lb loss. i am so glad for that.

That's so awesome, congratulations....

Kristine

#11 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

50 pounds that is fantastic!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 ThinFeelsGood

ThinFeelsGood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Awesome! Things turned around quickly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users