• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 khemistrygirl

khemistrygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Ok, so this is a silly rant, but I figured I could hide it in this forum.  I'm just so sick of hearing about the 10-20 lbs losers whine about keeping motivation and how it's a long haul.  Try doing that for 5-10 times as long!  It's easy to stick to a diet for a month or two!  When I punch in my cals/week losses, I show a YEAR AND A HALF to lose my 100 lbs.  I've lost 14 and nothing has changed at all - meanwhile they are celebrating and transitioning to maintenance.  

I know this is different for everyone, and they have their own journey.  Hence sticking my nonsense in the 100+ forum.  You guys understand!

Also, I realize I did get myself into this mess and kudos to those "slightlyoverweight" folks getting on it before they get as heavy.

#2 Steph14

Steph14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

I feel your fustration!   I have a 170 left to lose.  This journey is hard, and painful...and just plain sucks.  For me I am just trying to find support and advice from others on these boards, whether it be the slightlyoverweightfolks needing to lose 20 pounds, or the person like myself needing to lose 170.  We are all unhappy with ourselves and trying to make positive changes.  I have tried and failed so many times before, it is usually my head that gets in the way and makes fall off track.  I am trying to not compare how much I have to lose...or my weekly losses with others, it just makes me fustrated and overwhelmed.  Even comparing my 170 to your 100 could put me in a dark and negative place.  These boards are great to come and vent your fustration, get some perspective, and then move on in your journey.  You are doing great, 14 pounds in a great start!  Don't get so sidetracked comparing yourself to others that you forget to feel good about all the good and healthy choices you are making.  I don't if any of this helped, clearly I don't have all the answers.  :/   Hang in there!

Steph

weight.png

SW: 365

JC SW: 340

CW: 307.2

GW: 155

Summer Slim Down Challenge Goal--- lose 20 pounds

Wk 1: -2.0  (338.0)

Wk 2: -3.0  (335.0)

Wk 3: -4.4  (330.6)

Wk 4: +.04  (331.0)

Wk 5: -3.0   (328.0)

Wk 6: -3.2   (324.8)

Wk 7: -2.8   (322.0) 

CHALLENGE TOTAL =  -18.0

Halloween Challenge Goal--- lose 22.1 pounds and be under 300!

Wk 8: -1.0   (321.0)

Wk 9: -1.2   (319.8)

Wk 10: -.2   (319.6)

Wk 11: -4.0  (315.6)

Wk 12: -2.4 (313.2)

Wk 13: -3.4 (309.8)

Wk 14:  -.4  (309.4)

Wk 15:  -2.2 (307.2)

Wk 16:

CHALLENGE TOTAL = -14.8

#3 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

I understand khemistry.  As someone that is trying to lose over 200 lbs, it's hard for me to identify with people that only have 15 to 20 lbs total to lose.  Or those that have their start weight BELOW my goal weight and they complain about how awful they look. And I'm thinking "man, I hope to look dang good at that weight!"  But you know, we all have weight to lose and all need to do it the healthy way.  We are all in the same boat of weight loss.  Yes we are going to be doing it a LOT longer than them.  And that's ok.  But at some point we will be down to the last 15 to 20 lbs and we will be struggling and whining about how we can't drop the last 20.  lol  because let me tell you, when I came to the forums I was the only one that had over 200 lbs to lose.  And now look, a year later I have less than 100 to lose.  Time sure does fly by when you are kicking butt and dropping the lbs. 

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

Total -10.8 lbs

#4 Steph14

Steph14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Gwen- Well said!  You are such an inspiration.  I love reading your posts and you give me hope that I just might be able to do this.  :)

weight.png

SW: 365

JC SW: 340

CW: 307.2

GW: 155

Summer Slim Down Challenge Goal--- lose 20 pounds

Wk 1: -2.0  (338.0)

Wk 2: -3.0  (335.0)

Wk 3: -4.4  (330.6)

Wk 4: +.04  (331.0)

Wk 5: -3.0   (328.0)

Wk 6: -3.2   (324.8)

Wk 7: -2.8   (322.0) 

CHALLENGE TOTAL =  -18.0

Halloween Challenge Goal--- lose 22.1 pounds and be under 300!

Wk 8: -1.0   (321.0)

Wk 9: -1.2   (319.8)

Wk 10: -.2   (319.6)

Wk 11: -4.0  (315.6)

Wk 12: -2.4 (313.2)

Wk 13: -3.4 (309.8)

Wk 14:  -.4  (309.4)

Wk 15:  -2.2 (307.2)

Wk 16:

CHALLENGE TOTAL = -14.8

#5 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

oh i totally understand.... and you know what there is a huge benefit to the long time it takes to lose weight,  and thats that the longer you diet the more it becomes habit and a way of life.  in a year from now , this will be so automatic you wont even be thinking about staying motivated, it will just be a way of life.    Where as the other girls may end up on that yo-yo if they look at it as a period of time to diet, and then not diet.  When the reality is  its not a diet, its a way of life.        its not a 2 month or a 15 month journey, its a life long journey.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#6 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

You know...think about it this way: what if you don't stay on JC then what will it be like in a year and a half?  Where do you think you'll be at?  The year and a half is going to pass by anyway so why not start now working on making yourself better.  Help your organs to function better with less weight as a strain on them.  How about thinking your doing this to save your life.  Your doing this so you can have a future.  You can't think about how much you've got to lose and how long it's gonna take anymore!  You've got to make your mind concentrate on the fact that you have a second chance to get your life BACK!  To do all the wonderful things this life has to offer.  I'm speaking from experience...my health was bad when I started JC.  I had lots of stuff going on and I couldn't even imagine trying to exercise cause I couldn't even walk very well.  I was really messed up.  So I decided to just eat the JC food and drink the water months went by and finally I put my tennis shoes on and walked a little and then I increased the time and before I knew it a year had passed and then another one.  So be so grateful that you can change it and not have to have those feelings of hopelessness anymore.  It will happen but it's gonna take work, let me tell you it's so worth it.  It's a gift you'll give yourself and you'll finally feel so good and healthy and strong and proud of what you've accomplished!  You will totally change your life.  Now that is something worth doing, no matter how long it takes!!!  We'll be here for you and with you all the way khemistrygirl!   :wub:  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Steph.  :)  It's is a complete life change, not a diet.  And that's something that everyone needs to learn.  I will never "diet" again.  I will just eat like normal and have splurges on occasion as long as I keep my butt working out every day.  :)

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

Total -10.8 lbs

#8 JTriptow

JTriptow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

I want to hug all of you! My first time around my goal was to lost 109 lbs. and I came to these forums for every ounce of support I could get. I was overwhelmed with the idea of how long my journey would take, and I am generally a slow loser to boot. It took me two years to lose just over 90 lbs. on JC, before my life got in the way again and I went off the rails. I remember feeling exactly the same way about those who I considered already skinny... But in time, I learned so much from them. I learned that, more often than not, they were much more lifestyle-active than I had ever been and it inspired me to work towards that, too. But I also learned that body image issues don't discriminate based on our weight. I met so many women on here with what I considered "so little to lose" who truly despised what they saw in the mirror. I learned that we were all being fed the same body ideals by magazines and television and whatnot. I learned to love them and to root for not only their losses, but for their self esteem boosts (and self acceptance, too).

It's hard to look ahead when our roads are so much longer. It's sometimes a bitter pill to swallow to congratulate the maintainers when they've dropped their 5 or 10 or even 20 lbs. But our journey is always our own, and we can certainly find love and inspiration from everyone here, not matter their path.
Jennifer
--------------------
SW: 242.6 (7/26/14)
LOSS: 24.2
CW: 218.4
GW: 150
--------------------
MILESTONE GOALS:
- LOSE 25 lbs.
- ONEDERLAND (-42.7 lbs.)
- HALFWAY (-46.3 lbs.)
- LOSE 50 lbs.
- LOSE 75 lbs.
- GOAL WEIGHT 150 lbs.
- ULTIMATE GOAL to fit into size 8 & be fit and toned!

"Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached." -Swami Vivekananda

29116927.png

#9 Pearlygirl

Pearlygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

khemistrygirl--I completely understand your frustration.  When I look at the whole 120# I have to lose, I almost feel like giving up, yet I have to keep overcoming that feeling for MONTHS!!

They always say to chop up your goals into smaller bits: instead of looking at 120#, look at 10, 20, etc.

When I restarted at Jenny, my counselor asked what my first goal would be and I said "15#."  That was more than 10% of my ultimate goal and really looked achievable to me and, actually, in 3 weeks, I have already lost 13#.  I feel like I'm winning when I look at smaller goals; imagine how I'll feel at 120# gone next July!!

#10 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

i  can also add that after the first couple months it became much easier, and i actually really liked the months i was losing weight, i really enjoyed the journey.  It was a challenge, and i pushed myself and challenged myself, and set personal goals such as running a 5K , or fitting into these pants.    and when i hit my goal of 90 pounds i was a little sad that the losing part of the journey was over, i miss that hard push and awesome frequent rewards.      I was also a bit dissapointed i didn't have 100 to lose because i didn't get to brag a little about being in the 100 club!      Losing that much weight changes you.   its an awesome change,   take your time and embrace the journey and enjoy it.   You're gonna love the person you become.  Its worth staying motivated for.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users