9 replies to this topic

#1 legallyblonde

legallyblonde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hello everyone!

This is my first week on Jenny Craig. At my heaviest I weighed 225 Ibs. That was a really tough time for me. Over the past three years I've lost 45 Ibs, and now weigh 180 Ibs. I have maintained at 180 Ibs for 18 months and seem to have hit a plateau. It was a hectic year! I started a new job in a new town where I had no contacts, and my dad got really sick with cancer. I was under a lot of stress, and usually this triggers weight gain and emotional eating for me, but I was able to maintain, so I am happy about that!

I am starting Jenny Craig so that I can lose the last 20 Ibs. My spouse is doing this with me (although he cheats all the time and still lost 10 Ibs in the first week! He is now at 190 Ibs.

I have followed the plan perfectly and have exercised by jogging, hiking, or using my elliptical 30 min-1 hr every day.

I feel like I worked my butt off this week for that one Ib! All I could think about this week was food. I was so tired and cranky as well. Usually in the first week of a new diet I can deal with this stuff because there is big weight loss.

I am going back to school in September and I am really nervous that I won't be able to make friends or be successful. I am so sick of this weight holding me back in life!

I can't help but wonder if this diet has too many carbs for my body type. Any thoughts?

Its crazy how differently people treat me when I lose weight. It makes me very sad that overweight people are sometimes ignored, or bullied. It feels horrible to be self conscious about my weight and I think that it has really held me back from meeting new people and making friends. 

I don't have a huge support network, so I am glad that Jenny Craig offers a community of people who understand what I am going through!

#2 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Welcome to JC!!  Congrats on your loss and maintenance over the last few years!  JC is a great program. Did you eat everything on your plan this week?  If you ate too little, that will interfere with weight loss.  Fill up on free veggies- now is a great time of year with farmer's markets all around.  There are some great recipes for veggies on the forum.  Also, could it possibly be hormonal- if it's your time of the month, that can make a difference.  Everyone loses at such a difference pace- generally most people see a few pounds the first week (depending on how much you have to lose) and then it regulates to 1-2 pounds after that.  It could possibly be that your body is getting used to the program and you could see your big drop next week.  I would give it a month, at least, to see how you do.  Come to the forums to get support- you won't find a better "therapy" group anywhere! :)  Also, talk to your JCC and get her/his input, too.  You CAN do this! :)

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

#3 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hi legally blonde - Do Not Give Up Hope - not yet - you are just into this and as Kristen said above there are a number of factors, my thing is always to chat up drinking water - drink drink and drink some more.  Your body needs to adjust and since you are looking for a smaller lose ( i know you are probably thinking what is bigfrost talking about!!) 20 pounds, then you may lose at a slower rate than say when you did before  - 1-2 pounds per week is what you should be shooting for.

so hang in there - eat all your calories - veggie out if needed and drink like you are a fish!

Keep coming back here too so we can check in and share our journeys

jessi

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Summer Challenge Goal = get into 170's and lose 10 pounds

Week 1= 184

Week 2= 181.6

Week 3= 181.

Week 4= 180.4

Week 5= 181

Week 6= missed WI

Week 7= 174.6

Week 8= 176.4

Halloween Challenge goal - get below 170

week1=175.2

week2=176.2

week3 = 178.2

week4= 176.2

week5 = 177

week6 =178

week7

week8

1fa9a8ad-e1f6-4231-a611-575467dc2fab_zps

#4 Scooter123

Scooter123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Just started today. So far so good, surprised at how good everything tasted today. Tried Nutirsystem  and couldn't stomach the food/ Have a long way to go, but I am determined!!!! :) 

#5 LisForLemons

LisForLemons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

There is also a possibility that because you did so much exercise that you muscles retained a lot of water which means that you didn't lose the water weight that you typically do in the first few weeks.  I'm not saying this to make you feel as though you shouldn't exercise but just know that when muscles repair themselves they hold onto fluid.  Make sure you drink a ton of water  - drink fluid to get rid of fluid, haha.

And welcome, you will find the forums to be a wonderful place to find lots of support!

And what I post every time someone says they only lost a pound...

imagejpg1-1.jpg

885785e4-e278-43da-9124-a558cb2cbf32.jpg
"Will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!" -Dr. Seuss 

starting weight 07/01/2014: 276.8lbs

weight.png  

Spooktacular Halloween Challenge
Goal: To weigh 239lbs
W1: -2.1
W2: -2.5
W3: +1.6
W4: -6.1
W5: -1.6
W6: -1.9
W7: -1.9
W8:
Total: -14.6 lbs {1.5lbs to go!}

#6 legallyblonde

legallyblonde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the support everyone!!!  You are all an inspiration :) It is great to have an opportunity to connect with others who have fought this fight. 

I am hanging in here although let me tell you it has been stressful! My spouse has been doing this with me so far, but he loses weight way faster because he works at a very physical job. Work has been extremely stressful lately. There are three women who have made it their job to pick on me at work. I get this little sneaking suspicion that my weight has something to do with it. I have let weight become my mental weakness.  I used to be so incredibly self conscious. I want to get my physical strength back so that I can be mentally confident. I don't want to let food be my way of punishing myself and holding myself back anymore. I think that I have been afraid of living life to the fullest. I just have to hang in there! I have signed up to run a ten km race over thanksgiving weekend. I know that I can do this if I put my mind to it. I won't give up on myself. I want a better, healthier future, and I am going to teach myself that I am worthy of happiness. 

#7 legallyblonde

legallyblonde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Crazyness, two days ago I went up an Ib even though I hadn't broken the diet and all of a sudden today I was down nearly four Ibs.! weheew :)

#8 catlady10

catlady10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Men and women lose weight differently so don't let your spouse's weight loss bother you. Men are more muscular than women, and the more muscle you have the faster you'll lose weight. I've been on the program 3-1/2 months and have been losing 1to2 pounds a week. So far I've lost 16 pounds and look like I've lost a lot more. I give myself goals. I tell myself if I lose 10 pounds I'll not only look and feel better but I can fit into a smaller size jean. I don't push myself exercising which is walking at the local park. So far I'm down one size and feel sexy. You don't have to change your lifestyle but work this diet into your life and keep a positive attitude and you will lose the weight. I am over 60 so my metabolism has slowed down. I know I won't weigh what I did at 25. Once people start noticing that you've lost, your self esteem will improve and that will also help with your weight loss. My weight has yoyoed over the years and I've gone through stressful periods, tough times and sad times. So you will get through your stressful and tough times. Just keep focused on your goal.

#9 trustnfaith

trustnfaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

Hi Newbie — I'm a returning newbie and I lost 1.2 pounds this first week. I was disappointed at first but I had to change my focus on what worked this first week: I lost weight, I started a new eating program and successfully followed it, and I began exercising again. What I am looking forward to this week: drinking more water, and eating every 3 to 4 hours. My counselor suggested the reason I may have not lost more weight is because I wasn't eating every 3 to 4 hours and I was only drinking 16 oz of water a day.

I have a friend, Lupe, who is under 5 feet tall. When she was 15 years old she had to go to a new school. Lupe told her father that she didn't look forward to going to a new school because she was short and people didn't notice her. Her father told her to walk in the room like she was 6 feet tall and she would be noticed. Sure enough, Lupe donned her 6 foot tall image and was noticed. To this day Lupe has a larger than life personality (at one point she became a police officer). I personally do not notice she is under 5 feet tall. What I do notice is that Lupe is fun, hard working, honest, beautiful, independent and feisty.

When ever I feel that my weight or in my case age will negatively influence others, I think of Lupe...

Susan

Halloween Challenge — lose 12 pounds!

Sep 08  -1.4

Sep 15  -2.2

Sep 22  -3.2

Sep 29  -0.8

Oct 06   -1.0

Oct 13   -1.8

Oct 20   -2.8

Total Loss 13.2   :D Goal Reached!!!!

DiJhm7.png

#10 legallyblonde

legallyblonde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the inspirational words Trustinfaith and Catslady :)  It gets frustrating sometimes, but I have to remember that I have come a long way and that slow and steady wins the race! Confidence is beautiful, and some of the most successful women in the world struggle with weight as well. I really hope that I can lose it and keep it off this time! I need to show myself that I am capable of the self discipline needed to succeed. I am also recently engaged, so I want my wedding pictures to be beautiful!!! I love that Lupe story...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users