• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KateSea

KateSea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I just started Jenny Craig this week, and am already down 4 lbs (in 3 days!) Its felt so good to start something new and healthy. A dear friend is moving away and has a small going away party this evening with a few ladies at the Cheesecake Factory.

I've already picked out what I'm going to eat for dinner on the Skinnylicious Menu (margarita flatbread 350 cal), but I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea for a skinny drink.

I know alcohol can mess up your progress, so if I have any I'm going to limit myself to one, I just need a good idea for what to drink! Any good mixed drink ideas when on this program? I was thinking a vodka tonic? Or rum and diet coke? Any advice would be appreciated :) I just do not want to mess up my progress, so if being a teetotaler is what I need to do I'm also ok with that. Just wondering what has worked for everyone else :)

Goal Weight: 125

First Day of JC 7/14/14

Week 1: 175.8 

Week 2: 

Week 3: 

Week 4: 

Week 5: 

Week 6: 

Week 7: 

#2 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

when it comes to skinny drinks, i stay away from all the fancy and have the lightest which is like a wine or a vodka drink - see if they have diet tonic to use if you do a vodka and tonic but stay away from anything with sugars - that will get you in the end

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Present Weight = 179

New Year Countdown Challenge

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

#3 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

My own personal advice?  Drink water or tea.  When I drink alcohol I always have a gain that week.  And it pisses me off because I work hard all week then I have a couple cocktails and gain half a lb.  I have drank twice since being on JC and one time gained 2.4 lbs. I'll never forget that.  I didn't eat bad at all.  I ate my Jenny foods and nothing else that entire week.  Even the night I drank!  But I still gained 2.4 lbs. 

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

WI1: -2.4 lbs

WI2: -3.0 lbs

WI3: -0.8 lbs

WI4:

Total: -6.2 lbs

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

stay away from alcohol all together if you can.     But if you have to, my recommendation is to just get a shot of clear top shelf vodka, with a lemon on the side, and you can water it down if its too strong , and just sip it.     You could always add some fake sugar with the squeeze of lemon if you dont like your alcohol straight.  I like to just drink it straight, i think i shot of vodka is 100 or 150 calories.   Stay away from any mixers, you can easily drink 300-500 calories in one drink.  

So just think if you are having a 350 calorie skinnilicious meal and 150 calories of alcohol,   thats a total of 500 calories and about 1/3 or more your days allowed calories,   Provided you don't have that slice of bread with butter that is sooo tempting, or a second drink since you are buzzed and feeling good.   Be careful, its dinning out like this that leave us wondering why we cant lose weight.     Just something to think about . 

When i go out to eat, i get a plain garden salad, dressing on the side.... it might be 100 calories max.   That way i can accidentally have a 150 cal slice of bread or 100 of lean chicken, and i'm up to 250-350 calories which is about where i like to keep my meals.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#5 MamaOfTwins

MamaOfTwins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yes, I agree with the others on just staying away from the drinks.

Also, the flatbread could be 350 calories in theory, but if someone gets a little heavy handed on the cheese you could end up 400-500 calories. It is just a guesstimate and really it all depends on the cook. If it were me, I would just have a plain side salad and bring my own Jenny dressing or research if they have a low calorie dressing. Eat your Jenny dinner and unlimited veggies before going. It would be a shame to lose momentum so quickly into your journey by drinking your calories or the sodium showing up on the scale. It normally takes me about 2 days for the sodium to appear on my scale and then another 2 days to get rid of it.

W-5'7" @ 170.2lbs

CW-            142.2lbs

GW-            130lbs

#6 KateSea

KateSea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Thanks you guys. This is such good advice - I think I thought I could go out without a solid plan, have one drink and be fine. One drink turned into a few, and then I ate more than I planned. I am upset at myself for not sticking to what I had planned…but I think I learned that restaurants without a very solid plan are something I can't do, and I just can't have drinks while I'm trying to lose. I end up making poor food choices. So I'm bummed, but I'm just going get back on the horse today. I think I'm just upset at myself for losing my momentum. Has this happened to anyone else? If nothing else its just a good learning experience.

Goal Weight: 125

First Day of JC 7/14/14

Week 1: 175.8 

Week 2: 

Week 3: 

Week 4: 

Week 5: 

Week 6: 

Week 7: 

#7 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

yes take it as a learning and know the next time you will do better - honestly i find that i have alcohol less and less since i have been on plan, i would rather have my calories in my food and no one really cares what i am drinking anyway

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Present Weight = 179

New Year Countdown Challenge

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

#8 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

sorry to hear that kate, but glad you got to see first hand the dangers of going out to eat and the even bigger dangers of having that single harmless drink.     Just get back on track today and keep moving forward

Here is the bad news,   while you are actively losing weight you should avoid going out to eat and drinking alcohol all together ... and here is the good news.... as you approach your goal weight you'll be able to integrate going out to eat and drinking occasionally, and experiment around and find out what works for you.   So you aren't giving up those fun treats, you will just learn how to do them in moderation.    That's what the JC program does, it gets you to your weight while teaching you to make good choices.     

while i was losing , i never went out and never had a drop of alcohol, for almost 9 months not a drop...... and after a year of experimenting while on maintenance, i figured out i can have a one or two drinks a week and go out to eat about 1-2 times a month.   So i save up those times for special events or parties that i have on my calendar.   And having a calendar with my plans of when i get to have a drink , or go out really helps .   I plan way out in advance and it gives me something to look forward to.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#9 Gerbil

Gerbil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Good for you for "getting back on the horse" right away.  You can definitely recover from this, and take it as learning opportunity.  

I don't drink alcohol (not for a moral or ethical reason, I just can't stand the taste)  but in the past when I've tried to lose weight and I've slipped up it's been easy for me to fall into thinking "see, I just can't do this" and quitting.  So, I have a lot of admiration for people who can take a healthier approach, realize that one mistake isn't the end, and just keep going.  I'm hoping I've matured to the point where I can respond the same way when (because honestly, it's not "if") I run into trouble.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cheesecake factory, alcohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users