Photo

Bodymedia FIT Core Replacement Strap to Canada?

armband bodymedia canada replacement strap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 usagichan

usagichan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Any of you Canadians have the Bodymedia Fit Core armband?  I'm a Jenny-at-home customer, so got my armband shipped directly to me.  I absolutely love the data reports and the instant feedback - think it is a huge contributor to my success.

The problem:  The plastic housing in the strap has cracked and I went on the Bodymedia website to see if I could get another.  They are pretty cheap: the blue ones are less that $9.  The only problem is that the shipping cost is $27!  It seems just wrong to pay 3 times the cost of the item just for shipping!

I called Bodymedia to see if there was any alternative way to get it to me - their agent was nice, but he had never had anyone make this request before.  He agreed that it seemed unreasonable for shipping to be so pricey, but neither he nor his supervisor were able to come up with a solution.  I've asked them to escalate my request, but nothing yet.

He also suggested looking for a Canadian retailer, but I haven't found one that carries the armband let alone replacement straps.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

#2 krystalkat

krystalkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

That's insane! Well I don't have the Bodymedia Fit Core armband but I do use the fitbit and I use the one that you clasp onto your clothing. I lost it once and they sent me a free replacement! The cost was $99 for the one I had bought but they sent me a free one. I've bought other things from them and the shipping is much better than Bodymedia. Fitbit also has an armband but I know you probably don't want to invest in a new device either. Sorry for your trouble and I know I was going nuts without my fitbit to tell me my steps, calories burned, stairs climbed etc. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armband, bodymedia, canada, replacement strap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users