4 replies to this topic

#1 sleepy1

sleepy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

The last time that I joined JC, they had some sort of plan where you could choose to plan and eat your own food instead of JC food. Do they still have that?
I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND FIT and IN THE 130'S!<P>49 yrs old<BR>Ht 5'3 1/2<BR>High weight 170 (lost 17lb on WW)<BR>Original JC SD 4/06; Wt 153<BR>Quit date 9/06; wt 138.4<BR>Restart date 6/27/08; wt 144.6<BR>GW 130<BR>end wt 137
New restart date 09/11
49 years old
CW 162
goal 135

#2 sleepy1

sleepy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Just noticed my old signature...CW right around the same now as then...UGH!!! I actually got to 135 the 1st time I joined JC and stayed there for years...I've been trying everything lately with no success!
I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND FIT and IN THE 130'S!<P>49 yrs old<BR>Ht 5'3 1/2<BR>High weight 170 (lost 17lb on WW)<BR>Original JC SD 4/06; Wt 153<BR>Quit date 9/06; wt 138.4<BR>Restart date 6/27/08; wt 144.6<BR>GW 130<BR>end wt 137
New restart date 09/11
49 years old
CW 162
goal 135

#3 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

yup you have options to do 7 days or less and do MOMO = meals on my own.  i see some people out here doing 5 days on and 2 days of their own.

personally i am not sure if i could have started with that as i really needed to structure to get on track - now i manage my snacks and some of my breakfasts on my own.

so the options are there for you - when you start back i would review those with your JCC and see what really is going to work best for you to start - good luck and welcome!

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Present Weight = 179

New Year Countdown Challenge

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

#4 Gerbil

Gerbil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

I am officially doing the 5/2, although I'm not strict about the ratios. Basically if I'm in a hurry, or feeling lazy, I eat the JC food. If I've got the time and inclination to cook I do. Right now it's summer and I've got more time so I've been cooking or fixing probably 2/3 of my meals. In September when the kids are back at school (I'm a teacher/admin and a parent) and my son's playing football which means games to cheer for and volunteer duty, I might eat JC 100% of the time for a while. We'll see.

I think part of deciding which to do (7/0 or 5/2) is understanding why you gained weight. I think if a big issue has been portion control, or constant snacking, or not knowing how to cook then 7/0 is probably a great place to start. For me, those weren't the issues. For me the issue was that I've had a couple situations that have caused me a lot of stress and burned a lot of my time. During those years I always put my own needs dead last. I pretty much never exercised, plus I'd completely neglect to feed myself or even prepare to feed myself (e.g. Go grocery shopping, pack a lunch for work, defrost something so I'd be able to cook dinner later.) Then by the time I focused on the fact I was hungry it was pizza or Chinese food or some other junk in large quantities.

So whereas some people need to keep less food in the house during JC, one of my goals is to keep more food in the house, and whereas some people need to eat less often, my goal is to remember to stop and have an apple or other healthy snack before I'm starving. 5/2 works well because I try and cook or shop often, but if I fail I've got a freezer of JC food to fall back on.

The other thing for me is that I'm a parent of a teenager and it's really important to me to cook for him, and to involve him in planning and preparing healthy meals so he can continue to make good choices in a few years when he is on his own.

#5 keamva

keamva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

I'm halfway to goal and starting 5/2 next week. I felt more comfortable doing 100% Jenny food for the first several months until I got to halfway mark. For me, I knew I needed the structure to get my momentum going. I feel ready now and am looking forward to having a little variety AND staying on track.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users