6 replies to this topic

#1 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi everyone, I slipped up on Wednesday and that led to a free for all Thursday and now I am just struggling. I stepped on the scale today after being as close to perfect as I could yesterday and I am up 5lbs. Now I know that it is water weight because at most I ate 3500 calories over Thursday so I know that I did not gain 5 lbs of fat but today I just want to devour everything in site. I guess I just posted to vent because I know what I need to do to get back on track and let me tell you, I never want to feel like I did Friday morning when I woke up after that binge, ever again, but it is still hard for me to get over the mental hurdle that caused me to over eat and to deal with the consequence of those actions. I feel so hungry today. I guess for me, posting this was a way to regain control and power over food and my thoughts.
I need to prove to myself that I can have a slip up but that's not going to define my future weight loss success. I will not let that beat me. I am stronger than I believe and I will get to a healthy weight and make this a lifelong change. This is not a diet for me but a way of life and I will do this.
Sorry for the strange post, I guess it was more for me than anyone else, but if it helps someone, that will make me happy.
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 220 Goal: 155
4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
Summer slim down challenge:
2.4lbs gained

#2 loosh

loosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

not a strange post at all.  I have been there too, so have many of not most of us!  My advice is to forgive yourself it is just a blip on your journey.  And move on.  Go back on JC plan and if you are starving either eat more free veggies or if that doesn't do it today, have some extra lean protein.  IE some sliced turkey, cottage cheese or the like.  Protein does wonders for hunger.  You can do this and it is SO worth it.

#3 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thanks loosh, I know I can do this but I've just been so tired lately. Not physically tired but mentally done. I've just been under a lot of stress lately and it's all taking it's toll. Unfortunalty, I can't go back to basics with JC due to finances and I think that's scarring me quite a bit. I know I just need to keep on moving forward.
Genevieve

4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
2.4lbs gained

#4 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

this is just what i needed to hear because i was feeling that my thoughts were being consumed by food these past few days and it helps to read it from someone else and know that i am not alone out here and that is what the forums are all about, a place to vent, ask strange questions and get the support to get back on track.

i have not fallen off but not sure if the thoughts are just as bad - but today was a better day, kept a bit more busy and got a good walk in with the dogs.  Took a shower and washed all the uck of the day off and feeling better, you will too

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Summer Challenge Goal = get into 170's and lose 10 pounds

Week 1= 184

Week 2= 181.6

Week 3= 181.

Week 4= 180.4

Week 5= 181

Week 6= missed WI

Week 7= 174.6

Week 8= 176.4

Halloween Challenge goal - get below 170

week1=175.2

week2=176.2

week3 = 178.2

week4= 176.2

week5 = 177

week6 =178

week7

week8

1fa9a8ad-e1f6-4231-a611-575467dc2fab_zps

#5 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Bigfrost, I know we all feel like this at some point and I am sure glad I have all of the support I do. It makes things a lot more manageable to take. Glad you are feeling better. I'm starting to too
Genevieve

4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
2.4lbs gained

#6 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

your last paragraph was awesome! You got this girl!!!

Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

3.5 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]P1020021.jpg

#7 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Urgh, I was doing so well yesterday until last night. I have discovered that I cannot be trusted with seed tortilla chips. I have discovered food should taste good chips and at costco on the weekend, my daughter found a kale and chia tortilla chip, oh my word!!! I couldn't stop eating the darn things. Yup, it is not safe for me to be in the same room as them. I can handle having only one serving of pop chips, so that's the only brand I will buy from now on. So today, back to square one but I did make it to the gym so that's a win!
Genevieve

4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
2.4lbs gained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users