I told my JCC I had the following goals this week.
1) Walk everywhere I go that's under 2 miles, and use a pedometer to see how much that is in a day.
2) Go to the pool near my new work and try it out.
But I've run into 2 problems.
1) The pedometer I downloaded on my cell phone keeps giving me weird numbers that make no sense to me. (e.g. i walked my dog in the park. We weren't gone long, but the pedometer said something like 2 steps. Then I went to the grocery store, and the pedometer said 82,562 steps or something. Neither of these could possibly be correct.)
2) The pool doesn't have public swimming at the time it would be easiest for me to go, because they use the lanes for "Deep Water Running".
Which brings me to my 2 questions.
1) Anyone have a suggestion for a good, cheap, pedometer, either an Android app or a separate device?
2) Has anyone done Deep Water Running? Did you like it? Is it a good choice for someone just getting back into exercise, who wants to protect her joints?