• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gingee

gingee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

I have been on Jenny before with great success.  I am having trouble getting into the program. The food is fine.  The consultations are fine.  I just seem to want to eat all the time.  This is week 5.  My first two weeks I lost a total of 6 lbs.  I stayed the same week 3.  I gained a pound and a half week 4.  I weigh in tomorrow.  Why cant I get my act together?  Oh, no exercise allowed except walking.  I have a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep and frozen shoulder.  So my exercise routine is made up of exercises from the PT.  HELP

#2 amberjoy

amberjoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Hi Gingee,I have been a member of JC for 10 years at least.I was successful and lost it kept it off and worked out everyday 4 about 2 hours daily and went to the gym everyday.Events in life (parents diagnosed with Alzheimer's,knee surgery and replacement,etc)and the weight came back.Re tried many times motivation just wasn't there.Good 3 days off the rails 4.But I kept coming back because it works.I found the boards help more than I thought.I realize WE are all in this together.I can't exercise due to broken femur.If all you can do is walk,then walk.Do you live in a neighborhood. Or near area that's safe to walk?Get pedometer and find the steps it takes and find out how much mile is.Don't give up.Please don't.You will make it.

#3 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

At a point, we have to rely more on ourselves than the program. The program works... when WE work it. I just started the Beck Diet Solution and it's a book many ladies have read on the forums. There are many points that we have to ingrain in ourselves and we can be successful again. I understand how trying again is harder than the initial time but it can be done.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#4 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

I sure wish i had a magic wand and could make this all work for you and others, myself included, but alas it is hard work to get the control and understand portions.

Making it the focus of your life is so important, it can not just happen.  As Jessica said, you have to work the program, keep working it, take each day one at a time, or at least one meal at a time.  This could be a big change for you and you have to acknowledge that and continue to move forward.

Hope our words of support are helpful in your journey

jessi

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Present Weight = 179

New Year Countdown Challenge

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

#5 Sharron L

Sharron L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Gingee, 

Hang in there. Please do. It may be hard, but it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I've been on the plan for 3 weeks and I'm down 11.4lbs. And that's such a great motivation for me coz next week I want that number to be up 2 more lbs that I've lost. And 2 is enough for me-- ONE is better than none. Think about it 1lb a week is 52 lbs in a year. Seeing how fast these years are flying, wouldn't you love to be down 52lbs in a year? I know I would. 

So, hang in there, Gingee. CPT!!! (Constant Positive Thinking)  :)

weight.png

July 4th Challenge goal = 10lbs

Week 1: June 7th =

Week 2: June 14th =

Week 3: June 21st =

Week 4: June 28th =

July 4th:

#6 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

You hit the nail on the head there, Sharron L!  The time will fly by quick.  At the beginning, it will be slow, but as the days turn into weeks and the weeks turn to months, somewhere along the way you stop counting them, but the pounds sure do add up fast.  Next month will be my 1 year Jenny-versary and I'm amazed at how quickly that time flew by.

And do you all know why it did?  Not only because I was on Jenny, which I feel is the best program, but because of this forum and all the support we show one another here.  That's been the key for me, gingee, and many others here.  This year would have dragged and not been as much fun if not for the people on this forum cheering me on.

May I suggest you join in on the challenges if you haven't already.  There we post daily, sometimes a few times a day, to boost up our motivation and help others along the way.  When we all feel like we are in this fight for our health together, it sure does make this journey a lot more bearable and, dare I say...fun!  Hope to see you join us.  The link for the Memorial Day challenge is in my signature. :)

jack_o_lantern13.gif    3tKH.gif   jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#7 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Sandy is exactly right.  When I first started going to my Jenny Craig Appointments, I would "check in" on an app called FOURSQUARE.  I would type "week 1" then "week 2" etc....then it got to where I couldn't remember what week I was on.  The time just ticks by.  I started almost 8 months ago!  I can't believe it has been 8 months!  We need this time though.  We need it for our brains to get retrained on how we look and feel about food. 

This past weekend my husband and I went to a big Festival.  The festival is in a lovely town with lots to do and lots of restaurants.  We went to a local eatery and sat outside.  There was a glorious breeze (I live in FL and it was in the upper 80's on Saturday) so the breeze felt awesome!  Anyways, before our meal the waiter brought out homemade garlic bread.  It smelled divine.  I typically don't have a problem passing up bread.  I'm just not a big bread eater.  Well, it smelled & looked so good, I cut me off a small piece that would have been about 2 bites.  I took a small bite and seriously almost got sick.  There was so much butter that I felt like I had drank a cup of it!  I told my husband that I guess since I really don't eat like that anymore that it really effects me.  It took a while to get that taste out of my mouth.  The point of this (long) story is....our bodies and our brains can change.  Our tastes can change.  We just have to give them the time it takes to make that change.  We all have the time.....are you ready to make the change?

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#8 SLKMAI

SLKMAI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

I have been on Jenny twice before and have done well but life etc. made me leave. 

I just joined again and I am on week 5...I have lost a total of 8 pounds but last week I was just off my game and I had a slight gain...

I told myself Jenny is not the answer I know where I slipped last week and I embraced the journey...Sometimes you do have to take it back to one day at a time..

This week I am feeling good...Staying on plan and increasing my exercise and I thought I would look for support so this is my first forum post!

Thank you for being honest it helps because I agree some days it is hard...

#9 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

SLKMAI...you will find lots of support here.  Please try to post more often, it does help.  We are all here for you and have been where you are.  We are on this journey together!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#10 lorijb

lorijb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

Gingee, 

Hang in there. Please do. It may be hard, but it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE. I've been on the plan for 3 weeks and I'm down 11.4lbs. And that's such a great motivation for me coz next week I want that number to be up 2 more lbs that I've lost. And 2 is enough for me-- ONE is better than none. Think about it 1lb a week is 52 lbs in a year. Seeing how fast these years are flying, wouldn't you love to be down 52lbs in a year? I know I would. 

So, hang in there, Gingee. CPT!!! (Constant Positive Thinking)  :)

I lost 6 pounds first week. Despite sticking to the diet To the letter and uping exercise, I only lost 1 pound 2nd week. I cried. I'm still sticking to the diet, but just don't want to be weighed again. I think the disappointment would be overwhelming. Your words, therefore, were just what I needed to hear..,even a pound a week adds up. Thanks!

#11 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Lorijb, please don't be afraid of the scale.  A scale only weighs weight, not just fat loss, but water retention from salty foods or sore muscles from exercise and also muscle weight gain.  It fluctuates throughout the day and from week to week no matter how good you are on the diet. 

I think it would be a rare individual here who could say that they had a steady 1- to 2-pound loss each and every week while on this program.  So don't be surprised that as the weeks go by your weight loss slows down or (gulp) you even have a slight gain.  It happens to us all, and as disappointing as it is to see the number go up when you did so well during the week, take heart in knowing that your body is still going through an amazing change when that happens and (usually) it means that you will have a bigger loss the following week.  So hang in there and also pay attention to other NSVs (non-scale victories): clothes feeling looser, inches coming off, energy increasing, being able to move more comfortably, pain decreasing, health issues improving, etc...  Those changes can be even more exciting than seeing the pounds come off.

jack_o_lantern13.gif    3tKH.gif   jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#12 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

Sandy is spot on.  The weight loss will vary every week, you can't be afraid of the scale.  keep going on plan and you will see the results. 

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

W6: -4.4 lbs

Total -17.0 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#13 lorijb

lorijb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the encouragement!

6 pounds first week, 1 pound second, and 4 pounds down today! WOOHOO! 11 pounds in 3 weeks....still a long way to go, but I'm encouraged.

#14 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

You're doing great! :)

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

#15 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

that is awesome!  Soemtimes our bodies just need to play catch-up and adjust to weight loss.  So they get stingy and don't want to move.  Glad it finally did!

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

W6: -4.4 lbs

Total -17.0 lbs

New Years Challenge