10 replies to this topic

#1 bigfrost

bigfrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Just saw this on Today show - sorry it was not as big a part of the interview but that was probably because of Matt Lauer.

I guess this just shows that we are all in the same boat - a star in Hollywood or a star in our own lives - weight loss is a ***** no matter who you are :P

Forward ever...Backward never

Start Weight = 223

Present Weight = 179

New Year Countdown Challenge

week 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

#2 kimberleigh

kimberleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

:wacko: Not a good sign -- means you can loose all that weight and get paid money to come back. I have to wonder about the ethics of Jenny Craig - makes me ask allot of questions, but chances are I will be running away from (this) home. My standards are higher.

#3 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

Sorry, I don't agree with that at all, Kim. Both Kirstie and Valerie Bertonelli have gained weight since leaving Jenny Craig. Does that make JC a bad program? Not at all. These women had both kept their weight off for a few years after doing JC, but would most likely have gained the weight back no matter which diet program they did just because...life happens, as we are all aware. It doesn't matter how much money you have or you're getting paid to be a spokesperson. If your heart is not all in on eating better, losing weight or maintaining your weight, it won't happen. They may have gone through a tragedy in their life, and their minds were not focused on health or keeping their weight off. We all know that is a slippery slope to be on So, just because someone loses weight with JC or any program does not mean there are any guarantees that the weight will not come back.

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#4 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

I Agree with you Sandy....losing weight and maintaining is tough no matter who you are.
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.
10/24/14. 145.5. Snacking too much lately! Darn those nighttime cravings! Back on track and aim to lose these extra
couple of lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#5 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Agreed- I'm actually glad to see that celebrities struggle just as much as us "regular folk"! :) Losing is hard, but maintaining is so much harder. It gives me a new perspective toward not being embarrassed to go to my JCC or on the forums here when I've slipped up and/or gained. If these celebrities can make their slip-ups so public and own up to the fact that they need help, what do I have to worry about??? :)

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

#6 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Exactly, Kristen! Sure glad I'm not in the spotlight like they are. I can't even imagine how they deal with all that scrutiny about their looks and weight...probably eat more...I know I would.

But to reinterate on what I was saying before. I've been on numberous plans and their forums from Medifast to Weight Watchers to Atikins, and on each of those forums there are many people on there who admit to coming back to the plan for a second, third or tenth time. Most people greet them with open arms because we all know what a struggle it is to keep the weight off. It doesn't have anything to do with which plan you lost weight on; most plans can get the weight off. It's where you're mind is at after you've lost the weight that determines whether or not you keep it off. And sometimes you can be in a good place for years and then something happens that makes you crack or drives you into a depression. Some people are better equipped at dealing with life's circumstances than others. It has no bearing on the their plan of choice and doesn't make them bad people for falling off track. I commend Kristie for admitting she gained the weight and needs to get back on track, whether or not Jenny pays her to be their spokesperson or not. Same with Valerie.

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#7 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

nothing against Kirstie or Valerie but, we already know celebrities struggle as much as us regular folks. Oprah is a prime example of that! I'm not a big fan of celebrities as spokes people because they also have personal trainers at their beck and call and personal staff to help them through the day. I would rather see real people who are middle class showing how it is done on regular wages and managing long work hours and kids showing it can be done. I have said it before and I will say it again there are some great success stories on these forums that they could use as success stories. (heck, some have even been on the cover of People magazine!)

Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

3.5 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]P1020021.jpg

#8 kimberleigh

kimberleigh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Completely agree that all struggle; my issue is let's be real and use real people in advertising; not those who have the $$ to add trainers, chefs, etc - and then use them again and pay even more money the second time around. Life is about challenges and lots of people here are successful. It just bothers me that Jenny pays millions to repeat spokespeople - take that money instead and invest in the company, healthy research, new food products, on line tool, improving centers etc. for us real people that actually use them.

#9 Lulu14673

Lulu14673

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

I agree with you Sandy. I've started JC around the same time as Kirstie a few years ago and I can absolutely tell you that maintenance is much harder than losing. I'm also glad that she doesn't listen to haters and shares her struggles publicly. It makes her more real than celebrities that go under the knife to "lose" weight. Keeping weight off for good is very difficult and a daily struggle for most so I would never judge her for coming back.
Joined JC in 2005
Original Goal - 2006
2011-2012: Working on a lowered goal
2013: Goal!

Posted Image

#10 ProfessorBean

ProfessorBean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

I just saw the interviews with Matt L. and on Entertainment Tonight a few moments ago. I was particularly interested in the part when they mentioned that JC had purchased Kirstie A's food line, "Organic" something or other. I wonder whether that means JC will be incorporating new food into the program?
[url="http://lilyslim.com/"][img]http://swlm.lilyslim.com/KVJcm7.png[/img][/url]

#11 Longhorn84

Longhorn84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I was glad to see Kirstie back and am crossing fingers for Valerie Bertinelli to come back too.  I love them both as actresses, and I can remember when both were very thin in their younger years.  To see that they share our struggles shows just how human they are.  Let's face it, they could just as easily have gone under tremendous amounts of liposuction and surgeries had they wanted to, but they didn't, and allowed themselves to be opened up for public scrutiny.

Weight is the one thing where public shaming and humiliation is still considered ok.  When a celebrity has an alcohol problem and checks themselves into rehab, they are applauded.  But when a celebrity shows up with too much cellulite on the beach, they are ridiculed.  Kudos to these women for opening themselves up, and kudos to Jenny Craig to hiring Kirstie back.

Sure, she's getting paid for it.  So what?  Should she not?  It doesn't matter to me.  I'll follow her progress either way.

Starting weight (4/28/14):  158.0

Goal:  140.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users