• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PRMAMI

PRMAMI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Can limited foods be anything (as long as it's under 35 each or 105 calories total) or just what is listed in the guide and on the back of the menu? For example, I had a fat free pudding that was 80 calories and no more limited foods for that day. Would that be okay?

What are some substitutions for the anytime bar besides milk? I am taking a Multi-vitamin and drinking milk but looking for other options...will Luna bars work or other protein bars? Do they have to be under a certain amount of calories? Could you please list the nutrition facts for the anytime bar?

When planing my own meals are we to go by the meal structure (1 meat, 1 starch, etc) or can we just count the calories? How will this effect my weight loss? I'm just curious if after coming off the Jenny meals and making my own will I always have to figure out the meal structure for all my foods or can i just count calories?  What is recommended? I find it difficult trying to figure out the meal structure with boxed or frozen meals. Is there some type of guide,booklet to go by besides the grocery list for already prepared food items?

Thank you in Advance!!!
Posted Image

SW 01/30/14: 182.2   GW: 130

Week 1: -5.2 Week 10: -0.8
Week 2: -1.6
Week 3: -3.4
Week 4: -0.6
Week 5: -1.8
Week 6: -0.8
Week 7: -0.8
Week 8: -1.4
Week 9: -0.2

#2 JC Dietitian 16

JC Dietitian 16

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Thank you for your post,

You can have 3 Limited Free servings or 105 calories total of what food you like a day that should not affect your weight loss success.  If you find that your weight loss is not what you are expecting, you may want to limit or avoid these additions.  Your sugar-free pudding (80 calories) should be fine to add to your day as a Limited Free food item.

The Anytime Bar is 1 Milk and daily multivitamin exchange.  If you choose to not have the Anytime Bar, be sure to include a complete multivitamin and 1 Milk exchange.  Milk exchanges can be found in your Real Life Real Solutions Guide pg 21.  Examples include: 1 cup soy milk, low-fat/light yogurt, 2 oz lean meat.

Luna bars are typically 200 calories (plus).  The Anytime Bars are 110 calories.  The exchanges for Luna Bars vary depending on the type you choose.  On average 1 Luna Bar = 1 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.  Please speak with your consultant to see how this can best fit into your menu plan.

Anytime Bars
110 calories, 3 g Fat, 15 g Carbohydrates, 10 g Protein, 120 mg sodium

When planning a meal on your own, you should follow the food exchanges and look at the overall calories.  Incorporating the proper exchanges helps to vary your nutrient intake.  Take a look at your Real Life Real Solutions book pg 18 to get ideas of food exchanges.

Use your Jenny's Cuisine as a guide to portion size and visual cues. Let hunger be your guide and choose a variety of food choices to vary calories and nutrient intake.  Be sure to incorporate fitness activity to your routine as well to help with weight loss and maintain muscle mass.

Best wishes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users