Photo

who's having a hard time losing due to menopause?

what is a topic tag?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Louise5050

Louise5050

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

:wub: :angry: :( :wacko: :blink: :D Never know what mood I'll be in. Jenny seems to be working I've lost 6.8 lbs in two months. More than I have lost in years on any other meal plan. I love not having to plan, count, cook, work to lose weight but because my moods can be sooo volatile I can binge on Jenny deserts. Less damaging than regular deserts. Less calories and fat. But I find it frustrating. Any advice? Louise5050

#2 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

I too am in menopause :( (we start early in my family....lucky me) I haven't had any issues with losing weight on JC.
Are you taking any meds for your menopause? I take prempro and I don't have the hot flashes or moodiness anymore. Thank God.
Have you mentioned this to your JCC?

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#3 Skinny Mama on da Beach

Skinny Mama on da Beach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

My doctor recently confirmed via blood tests that I am not in menopause but I am hitting the big 5-0 this year. I have noticed that the weight comes off much more slowly than it did just 5 years ago. I don't know what the difference is other than age but it is very frustrating. I've found that exercise is the ONLY thing that gets the weight off. Good luck and drink lots of water. That definately helps.
SW 153 lbs
Goal 125
Started JC on 1/1/14
3/3/14 141 lbs

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

IIM 46 probably pre-menauposal, and its harder to lose weight now than before, but not impossible. 6.8 pounds in 2 months is weight loss, and could be up to 50 pounds a year at that rate. slow and steady weight loss is perfectly acceptable. and since this is a lifestyle change and not a "diet", it is logical to just keep doing what your doing and you will get to your goal weight.
as far as advice on not bingeing? the only thing that works for me is that i found other things to binge on that aren't food, such as exercise or hobbies. Anything to take my mind off sitting around stuffing my face. The more occupied i keep my mind and body, the less likely i am to binge.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4 - 

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#5 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Right here with you ladies...Posted Image

It hasn't been too bad for me, aside from the slower weight loss and mild hot flashes. My moods have been pretty constant with the occasional blue mood, but I also would get those in my 30s and 40s, too. For me, it's more a lack of energy, even though I feel that I have more than I did at my heaviest, of course. It's just still not where I'd like it to be.

Louise, two supplements you might want to talk to your doctor about are Natrol Mood (promotes positive feelings and relaxation).
Posted Image
My youngest daughter takes these for periods of feeling blue and my oldest takes these when she is feeling anxious about something. Both of my girls swear it helps them.

The other supplement I just started taking to help with energy and picks up your mood a bit, too. It's called Rhodiola Rosea from Gaia.

Posted Image
I've only been taking it for about a week, but it does put me in a calm, non-stressed mood and gives me just a bit more energy, nothing like how caffeine does though. I hear it takes longer to get results from them than the Natrol Mood supplement, which my daughters felt worked for them on the same day, but the Rhodiola is good for other things, too, so I'll stick it out with this and hope they start working better for energy in another week or two.

I like Sonya's advice on keeping busy, too. Sometimes something as simple as brushing your teeth takes away the urge to eat something, too. I like to sip on green tea all day long to keep my mouth busy. Tea is like a hug in a cup! :)

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#6 lolo2513

lolo2513

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I am 51 and have never gained weight so quickly...I gained over 15lbs in one year without going crazy with eating I just started JC and want to lose 30 lbs to be really where I want to be. I tried on my own doing diets in the past that worked quickly like the Atkins and had NO success!! I'm hoping by being very strict that I will see results this is my last resort

#7 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

lolo, I'm also 51 and couldn't agree with you more. The diets that used to take off 3-4 pounds a week in our younger days don't work the same any more. I had a hard time believing that Jenny would work for me when I started, even though I used to work for them many years ago and saw it work for my clients who were my age and older. But I thought I'd be the exception to the rule. Now, the pounds aren't flying off with Jenny, but I'm averaging about 1.3 pounds a week, losing more at the beginning, of course. And it adds up quickly. Here's the thing I love the most, though...I'm satisfied with the slower loss because I've never been so completely satisfied with a food program before in my life! It's delicious and all planned out for you. What more can a person ask, right?

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#8 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

I'm 40, but have been in medically-induced menopause (for endometriosis) since 2002. It's SO much harder for me to lose weight then it was before! I also have to be much more careful about what I eat. Before meds, I was always between 120-125. Now, I'm having so much trouble getting to my goal of 135!! And when I put weight on, it goes right to my tummy! But I do have to say that I'll take the extra pounds over the pain without the meds any day! I try to remember that on those days when my goal seems so far away! :)

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users