#1 Horses & Running

Horses & Running

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Posted Image
Hello there everyone!
Anyone in to running, doing races, talking about running, supporting through the miles?

I would love to find a JC running buddy out there! :)
~Kris~

Saint Patrick's Day Challenge
We can do this!

#2 Horses & Running

Horses & Running

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image
~Kris~

We can do this!

#3 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

My DH is a runner and he would love it if I ran. I've just never really wanted to. I sometimes wish I had that in common with him. I've contemplating doing C25K but just haven't. I know lots of runners and they all say they love the time on the road running.
You look amazing and so happy in your pic!
I'm quite wishy washy when it comes to this subject. ;)

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#4 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

I run but- I'm not a "runner". I think you will find a significant number on the forums have more significant weight to lose and are just starting out with exercise and working their way into running. Having said that there are those who have embraced running as their go to exercise. 10km is my max for running. I find I get a little bored with it beyond that. I have enjoyed the last couple of years entering a few races and managed to not embarrass myself with my times. We are in full swing of a nasty winter this year and have taken my running indoors to a treadmill to prevent any injuries.
Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

2.5 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]Posted Image

#5 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I'm a novice runner doing the 5k training. My first 5k is on April 12th. I had one planned for the past October but ended up walking it (was pregnant at the time, sadly lost the baby) So, this year I'm looking forward to running it! Or at least getting in a really good interval with the majority spent running. I need some warm weather back in my life. I miss my training as I have let hip hop consume my workout life. But its my goal to restart this week! I'll keep ya posted :)

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Week 1: - 8.2 Week 9: - 2.6 Week 16: + 2.8
Week 2: + 3.4 Week 10: + 0.8 Week 17: - 3.8

Week 3: - 3.4 Week 11: - 2.2 Week 18: - 2.4

Week 4: + 3 Week 12: + 1

Week 5: - 4 Week 13: - 2.8

Week 6: - 2.2 Week 14: - 1.4

Week 7: - 1.2 Week 15: - 0.6

Week 8: - 0.6

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Horses & Running

Horses & Running

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hey there everyone! Great to hear from you! I never thought I'd be a runner in my entire life! I'm happy this has become part of me.......I started running when my one horse came up lame...he's ok now but I kept running :) Running and riding! Life is good! :)
Keep in touch :)

~Kris~

We can do this!

#7 eclarose

eclarose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

I'm a runner too! I've stuggled with my weight since I was a teenager and started running when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I wanted to do the 5k run for the cure (in Canada) in support of her and could hardly run for 5 mins, let alone 5km. Over the next few years I lost 40lbs and was able to keep it off and I continued to run and increase my distances. I will say though, that it took at least 5 years of consistent running before I actually began to enjoy it and consider myself a runner.

Now I usually aim for 2 half marathons per year and I ran my first full on my 30th bday (the race just happened to fall on my bday). Over the past year I have gained 25lbs of weight, mostly from moving in with my boyfriend and taking the train to work instead of the 1/2 hour walk I used to have plus I lost motivation to stay on track with my eating (he has a gigantic sweet tooth). I tried dieting on my own, but just couldn't get into a good routine and finally I hit my breaking point, I gained over half the weight back I'd kept off for so many years and I didn't know what to do. So, at the end of January, I decided to join JC to jumpstart myself back into a healthy eating plan, lose the excess weight and start training for a 2nd full marathon this June (around my 33rd bday). I hope to celebrate 2 wins on race day - reaching my goal weight and completing the race.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users