• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Erink

Erink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

So this is my first week and it's been a bit of a struggle. I've already realized that it's too much food in the morning and what I really need is the food in the afternoon so I have moved my anytime bar and fruit to the afternoon. Honestly the food isn't horrible but it's not great and totally not filling me. I'm disappointed in the food. I read it was great and really don't care for it. The pancake and veggie sausage was gross. I find it very hard to stick to. I have pretty much cheated everyday. Not horribly but I have. I've tracked my food and calories and eating less than I used to for sure. The veggies, salads fruits are fine but seriously missing meat cheese and bread. I get that is what makes me fat and what I have to get over but really not sure if I can do this.
Don't mean to be a total downer. The part of being aware of what I am putting in my body is great because I totally don't fuel or nourish my body properly. And the water is helping. I can already tell I've lost in my chest (my bra size is first to go down). And we should eat to live not live to eat. I get it. I guess I am mourning good tasting food and venting. Thanks for listening.

#2 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

You know that the meat, cheese, and bread is what makes you gain so you have to avoid it to lose. Stick to the plan for 4 weeks to try all the meals. You'll hate some, you'll love some. There are some that I can't even stomach to eat and that's perfectly fine. Others you need to add things to. And you CAN have meat and cheese and bread. In moderation. I make salads where I put 2 ounces of oven roasted chicken beast on top. Then I eat it with 2 slices of 35 cal bread. And I'll sometimes put a little FF cheddar on some items. Or laughing cow light cheese. Or Parmesan. You just have to watch your portions and measure it out. According to the JC Dietician, 3 wedges of laughing cow light cheese equates to a milk serving so you can spread that out throughout the day in different meals or snacks! For the buns on the sandwiches, toast them instead of microwaving. Such a difference.

I totally feel you on the meat thing. So occasionally I'll have a steak for dinner. I always get a filet and cut it in half so I'm only eating 4 ounces and it's the leanest cut of beef. I have it when I'm having the "OMG I NEED MEAT!!!!!!" tantrums. This isn't a diet to lose weight, this is a life style change for a healthier you. So you need to learn how to eat and how to adjust so you aren't dieting for the rest of your life. Good luck, I'm rooting for you.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Summer Slim Down

Goal: 16 lbs

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W1: -0.4 lbs

W2: -3.8 lbs

W3: -3.6 lbs

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

Total: -7.8 lbs

#3 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

I completely agree that the turkey sausage that comes with the pancakes is nasty! I throw it out, I also throw out the cheese that comes with the beef slider.
We have to change the way we think about food for this to work. Some of the members are reading the Beck Diet Solutions book and from what you are saying (and what they have been saying) it may benefit you.
I hope to get it this weekend. I bet we can all learn from it!

I'm glad you vented, it does help. Keeping our frustrations bottled up can only lead to failure. Good luck my friend.

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#4 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

It is definitely an adjustment. I tried everything (except fish because I don't like it) and put a big X through the ones I didn't like at all (I got a fold out menu from my JCC) After the 4 weeks of preplanned meals I customized my weekly menu with all the foods I like. Then many months later I started adding in meals on my own and Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones for some variety but at that point I was past halfway. You can get there. Think about it this way, the food is a tool... if you continue the way before, you'll only continue to gain. You CAN eat anything... like Gwen said, in moderation. For me some things just arent worth it anymore. When you really look at what the serving size is and how many calories it makes you think.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#5 Erink

Erink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate that. It is an adjustment and I'm on week 2. I lost 1.5lbs last week so progress. Especially considering I didn't totally stick to it. Moderation is key and hence I have weight problem. 1 is too many and 1000 is never enough!!

Thank you for the cheese idea - good idea. And I think I will look for that book too.

Thanks so much for listening

#6 Vin Dame

Vin Dame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

For the pancakes and veggie sausage, I find that not pre-microwaving it helps a lot. It doesn't turn into a dried out hockey puck. I just heat it all together...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users