• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 wanna b farmer

wanna b farmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Getting a bit disappointed. Have been on Jenny's diet for 5 weeks and have only lost 0.5 to 1.0 lbs! Have been eating fruit and vegetables as well as 30 minutes of treadmill, all of which are new to my diet and activity level.... Was not hoping to loose a lot of weight but 0.5 lb in 5 week is disappointing

#2 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

So sorry. I would first like to first ask you what your consultant had to say about this, if I may.

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#3 wanna b farmer

wanna b farmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

She does not know why......Up to a month ago, I was not even exercising....I was not into fruits and vegetables. Since being on Jenny, I have been eating my fruit, my vegetables, water like they recommended and yet I have added exercise to the formula (fast walking 3 times per week and jogging three times per week, 30 minutes each time) And have not lost anything to brag about over the last month..

#4 Tedsbikerbabe

Tedsbikerbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

So let's look at your menu. Are you eating what's on your menu, but adding little things in that you don't think will matter? Creamers, salad fixin's that you're not counting, any extra fats or any BLT'S, bites, licks tastes throughout the day?
Carmen

Posted Image

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." - ERMA BOMBECK.

#5 LMBC

LMBC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

This is going to sound strange but is it possible you aren't eating enough calories? Especially if you have just started exercising. It seems backwards but if you aren't eating enough then you will not lose weight. Also, if you have any thyroid issues that you aren't aware of then that is the sort of thing that could keep you from losing.

#6 gettin'skinny

gettin'skinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

I know it is frustrating sometimes when we are doing so much work with little reward. I don't see anywhere how close you are to your ideal weight. If you don't have much to lose this may be the reason. Keep going it will work.
2014 is going to be the year I reach my GOAL........... Bring it on!

#7 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yes, looking at a day or two of your menus may help us figure out if you're eating enough or too much. There are so many things that can cause a person not to lose weight. My sister started the same time I did last May, but quit after a few weeks because she wasn't losing much at the beginning either. For her, I believe age, stress and lack of sleep was a big reason for it.

She rejoined Jenny a few months ago after seeing me stick it out and has been having more consistent loses. Her stress was alleviated because she got a job and she slept better because her financial worries had lightened up, as well as being exhausted from work.

Like LMBC mentioned, it could also be your thyroid. Hormones can also mess up your metabolism if you are on birth control or any new medications. You don't seem to be doing enough exercise that would cause sore muscles, which can stall a weight loss. Are you sore from your workouts?

Gosh, I hope we can get this figured out. It really is a good program, and I want it to start working for you.

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#8 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

its almost impossible to offer advice without knowing more details, like what is your starting weight, what is your goal weight. what were you eating before and how much were you exercising before. If you are only trying to lose a small amount of weight and are already very thin and were eating a low calorie level, then on JC you will lose very slowly. I'm gonna assume this is the case. And as hard as this is to accept 1.0 pound loss in 5 weeks IS losing weight, its very slow but it IS weight loss. Over the course of a year this can add up to 10 pounds or so. Weight loss is a loooong slow process and its also a lifestyle change. If you want to be successful , continue what you are doing and follow the JC program, even though its slow and tedious, you'll eventually get integrated onto eating your own food and learn valuable nutrition and portion control skills that you can continue forever. I wouldn't recommend getting frustrated with JC, quitting and trying other weight loss programs, or magic pills or anything. The best thing you can do is just keep moving forward doing what your doing, eating on the plan, getting in some exercise.
Those of us that have lost several pounds a week had a whole lot to lose , but as we approach a healthy weight, the losses slow down. I'm probably losing 1/2 pound a month currently, but i'll take that half pound because its a whole lot better than what i was doing before JC.
Where is phyllis to add some of her experience? She reached her goal losing barely ounces each week, but she stuck with it and reached her goal and has been maintaining for many years.

This is assuming you dont have much to lose and you are sticking to the plan 100%, no alcohol no cheating. If you do have a lot to lose, more than say 50 pounds, there might be something else going on.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#9 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Phyllis was exactly who I was gonna mention also...she lost very slowly and I believe it was due to some medications she was on. My suggestion would be: to look over your JC info and in the Success Made Simple booklet (lady is blowing bubbles on the cover) page 97 is the Jenny's Grocery List...it is what you should compare your daily food log to, meaning look up what fruit you're eating and is the serving size correct? What about your milk serving is it also by these guidelines. This could be where the problem is? Unless your JCC has you at the wrong calorie level. I would ask to speak with the manager at your centre to make sure she agrees with the calorie level you are on. If you do JC at home then call the customer service phone number and discuss this matter with them to see what they suggest that you do. Cause there is some reason you are having a hard time 1/2 to 1 pound in 5 weeks just seems odd to me. Let us know what happens. We want you to be as happy and successful with JC as we all are.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 wanna b farmer

wanna b farmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback(s). I am currently at 147 lbs and need to be down to 125 lbs for my height to be considered at a normal weight. I need to loose 20 lbs to reach to a healthy body weight. My BMI is currently 30 and I would like to reach a BMI of 25-26. I have been following the JC diet. No cheating. No extra snacking. I do not drink alcoholic beverages or sodas, Do not smoke (was not drinking or smoking even before starting JC). My favorite drink for the past 20 years has always been unsweetened decaf tea with no sugar or cream or milk. Do not take any medications and as of 6 months ago, had normal blood work. The only new thing in my life as that now I am regularly exercising which I was not doing prior to JC. I am drinking more water that I ever have in my life. I am eating more fruit and veggies. I guess the fact that I only need to loose 13% of my current body weight may be playing into this formula.???

#11 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yeah i would say you should expect to lose at a slightly slower rate. although i know some girls on here that have lost average 1.5 lbs a week at your bmi level. But eveyrone is different. And weight loss is a slow process. Also there are so many variables when we weigh in that can affect our scale weight several pounds either direction. Have you done measurements? Are your clothes feeling different? Are you feeling healthier? If you started exercising, you could be retaining some water in your muscles.
You might wanna play around with different JC foods, higher protein for a few weeks or higher carbs for a few weeks. Try different combinations of fruits and veggies, experiment around and see what your body is going to process best. but remember to make slow changes for several weeks or even a few months to notice trends. Nothing will happen overnight or in a week. Take lots of time to get to know your body.
Keep at it , even a couple pounds loss is movement in the right direction. Dont do what many of us have done and get frustrated and give up and then go back to gaining and then we return when we are 100 lbs out of control.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#12 Ktkat28

Ktkat28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

You should go to your PCP and get checked - there may be something going on with your thyroid or hormones.

#13 tamkinz

tamkinz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

could be water retention from your exercising. Your muscle fibres get tiny tears in them as you work them out when they haven't been used to that. It is a good tear though, that is supposed to happen. But you do get a bit of inflammation in the muscles and with that water retention. It could be a significant amount as well. Also watch your fruit intake as that does contain calories. Veggies are okay as long as not all starchy ones.

weight.png

Highest Weight ever was 278lbs

SW: 264.8

CW: 251.6

Goal weight 140

First goal is to reach 249.9 !! Just want to be under 250 to start.

week 1: -2.0
Week 2: 0
Week 3: -2.4

Week 4: -0.8

Week 5: -2.8

Week 6: + 1.2

Week 7: - 4.4

Memorial Day Challenge:

current weight 251.6

Goal: lose 8lbs

Goal Weight 246.8

Week 1: + 1.2

Week 2: - 4.4 (down 3.2 lbs !  4.8 lbs to go until goal)

Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users