• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhDStudent

PhDStudent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

In working with my treatment team, it's been suggested that I try a program like Jenny Craig, where the meals are planned and prepared for me, as I try to integrate regular eating back into my life after 11+ years of restricting and some really ill periods.

I'm not sure I'm understanding completely, but is it required that I eat every meal as a JC meal?  I have several "safe" foods, and I want to keep those at least initially...but I'm open to slowly adding JC into my days...

I guess I'm wondering how much flexibility JC has?  Also curious if any one has been in a similar situation?

Thanks!

#2 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi.    I think all of us here have an ED of some sort which is why we turned to JC for help.    JC will teach you to eat the right amount of the right foods, but you have to allow the program to work.   The closer you stick to how it is designed the better it will work for you.  there is some flexibility, such as the 5/2 plan.  5 days a week JC food and 2 days a week your own food that has been approved by your JC consultant.   It is also a long term process, so you have to be prepared to spend many many months or even years relearning how to eat right and breaking the ED habits you developed over the last 11 years.    good luck!

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4",  46 years old, start date 7/18/2012   236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 leslie276

leslie276

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hi,
If you are going to use the JC program to help you structure your eating, then I would really recommend that you get a calorie level that is appropriate for your metabolic needs.  Make certain that your goal of loss/maintain/gain is clearly articulated.

With respect to meals, I eat 3 JC meals and a mini meal.  My mini meal is generally what I'm allowed as an add in: 2-3 protein exchange and generally 1 starch (generally 1/2 cup).  So I may have chicken and rice or sirloin and mashed potatoes.

p.s.
I do agree that many of us are here to unhealthy relationships with food.  However, I know that the program does not bill itself as a treatment (though it is helpful).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users