• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lola-lake

lola-lake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I just started JC for the first time two weeks ago. I've been doing the "At Home" program...but I wonder if I really should be "In Center" instead. My phone counselor seems to read from a script, and I'm not feeling the JC love. Does anyone have advice? Is it easy to change at home counselors?

#2 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

I would definitely switch to the in-center method. I love going to my center. I don't really feel the love over the phone. I like to see the person and talk to them face to face. Plus you can always cheat out at home. At the center keeps me honest.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

WI1: -2.4 lbs

WI2: -3.0 lbs

WI3: -0.8 lbs

WI4:

Total: -6.2 lbs

#3 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

I agree with Gwen. If you can go to the center, then do it. Seeing my JCC is so great. She is so positive and helpful. I drive an hour to get to my nearest center and it is so worth it. I know that I wouldn't do well over the phone. I need the face to face.

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

for a year i drove every week , an hour each way , to the center. i needed the accountibility and the structure , knowing that i had to be there every tuesday and report in. I tried the at home one time and never answered the phone when it rang, i obviously didn't last very long that time.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#5 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

lola: do what is going to give you the best results and the most support, don't think I could be an at home client either.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 lola-lake

lola-lake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for all the great advice. I made the switch. First, I called the JennyCare number & they hooked me up with my local Center. I had my first meeting with my new counselor...I think "in person" is a better fit for me. Plus, I don't have to worry about the shipping charges any more!

#7 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

I hope you find this works better for you. I know it is for me. Knowing I have an appointment every Monday keeps me accountable. I know if I was doing it at home I just wouldn't answer the phone!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#8 Horses & Running

Horses & Running

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

I started the progam at a centre which is 2 hours from me (I keep my show horses at a trainer's facility two hours from my home)...but with this winter being bad and not going to the barn evern weekend, I couldn't maintain the center visits.
Soooooooooo that said, I had to switch to the at home program....I love the lady I chat with but it does sound like a canned message........What was your weight at, what are your challenges ahead......all the same stuff...with a slight variance. She IS very nice though...

I TRULY wish I lived closer to a center...........2 hours one way is a bit much....I really would rather have that face to face interraction! :(
~Kris~

Saint Patrick's Day Challenge
We can do this!

#9 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

I wish the center was closer for you as well. I drive an hour each week, but I know if I did at home; I just wouldn't answer the phone when they call. I was going every week, but now that I am getting closer to goal I go every other week. I really need that accountability and the face time.
Maybe there is someone that lives near you and yall could carpool...or you could go once a month. Just a thought

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users