76 replies to this topic

#61 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Faiza- you actually burn more calories sitting. We have little electronic monitors on the bikes at my gym that tell you your RPMs, time, distance and calories burned. It's fun to track yourself. I never believed that I could burn more calories sitting b/c I felt like I was working harder when I was running or climbing on the bike, but my instructor said to watch my calories. When I tracked it, I found out I burned a lot more sitting in the saddle. So now, I sit as much as I can and just stand up for a quick leg stretch.

I've been spinning quite a while and still usually can only do the 45 min. spin (which includes the warm-up and cooldown, so it's actually about 40 min. hard work). I leave the hour classes early most of the time! I am going to look into investing in cycle shoes. I think it might make a big difference in my stamina and use of leg muscles.

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

#62 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sonya, I liked bodypump. It felt good, nice and slow but still upbeat because of the music. It was a little difficult to watch and see if I was doing it right since some of the lifts take place laying down but I did my best. I was super sore! Just now feeling back to normal actually. Didn't go to bodypump tonight afterall since my aunt surprised us with a visit. But, I danced with the wii for 30 minutes waiting for dinner. I think I'll like them both the more I do them. I am already in love with hip hop and I stole my brother's older Just Dance disc to freshen me up because I know most of the dances on my two discs.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#63 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

i hope you guys had a nice thanksgiving and didn't overeat. I did ok , but since i'm on maintenence i don't have to be as strict so i got to enjoy a little more of the festivities throughout the day.
And i worked out a bunch , the turkey trot and then friday i did lower body at the gym and saturday i went to sacramento with the professional trainer and did upper body. And i got my weight belt! So i'm getting serious now! i love it to much, it actually really helps, She wants me to use it for all my lifting. I like it so much i wanna wear it all the time, but its kinda uncomfortable lol!

Posted Image

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#64 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Wow, Sonya! What a little waist you have there!! Congratulations on getting in all those workouts and on doing the turkey trot. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice Thanksgiving as well.

Mine was great, too. We hosted and I only had a very small portion of everything and small slivers of a couple of desserts. I went to bed even a little hungry that night and that's NEVER happened on Thanksgiving. I usually go to bed feeling stuffed and in pain. So...yay!!!

I started to do interval walking today because my shoulders and arms are still in pain, believe it or not. But i have to do something to torch the calories.

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#65 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

i hope your shoulders feel better! but glad youa re getting in some walking and it sounds like your thanksgiving was just perfect!
and ooh my waist isn't all that little, i'm sucking it in with the belt, its all an illusion.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

weight.png

#66 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Got in another day of interval walking. My poodle is loving me lately. :)

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

#67 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

oooh its so cold this week! no walking the dogs for me, their feet will freeze to the ground. I am making a committment to myself to run on the treadmill every night for 1.5 miles to boost up my metabolism. so far i've been successful, but we are only 3 days into the month lol! Today is yoga for me , a strength rest day , i sure appreciate these yoga days.

weight.png

#68 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Although it's getting pretty cold here, Sonya, it's still not too cold to take my poodle for a walk. That's one great thing about southern CA, no freezing ground for our pooches footsies. lol

I love doing yoga, too!

3tKH.gif

#69 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

how cold are you guys this week? we are being blasted up here in the sierras, although its not cold compared to some of the other states, we are freezing our butts off at 22 degrees this morning! All the dog water bowls are frozen solid lol! at least my pipes didn't freeze, i got to take a hot shower.
So today is leg day for me. and our gym is having a 12 days of fitness challenge, its a bingo game and we have to fill the bingo card, and each square is some kinda fitness challenge, like "do 30 minutes of cardio" "take a spin class" "have a smoothie for breakfast" And you have to have the a trainer or gym employee initial when you have done it and then all the cards get put in a raffle for a 100$ prize! i wanna win lol!
One of the squares is "lift 5000 lbs in one workout" not all at once of course, so thats the square i'm gonna try and get initialed today, i'm adding up how many deadlifts and squats that will be ! I think i can do it in my lunchtime workout.

I hope you are doing good and able to get in your walks. You gotta be looking pretty hot these days, you've knocked off a lot of weight!

weight.png

#70 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

I've been non stop on my hip-hop, spinning and Just Dance and my left knee is killing me. I cancelled my spin class this morning because my knee needs a break so what to do now? I started a 365 day fit challenge to be active in some form each day. It's still FREEZING outside... I'm thinking I'll pay for a day pass to the indoor pool and then maybe go walk the mall lower and then upper level. It's nice and warm there... too bad I'd get weird looks if I did my c25k in the mall LOL!!!

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#71 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

How are you ladies doing? Getting in your workouts? its been quiet on this thread for a while. I've been getting my exercise in , i went into the city for a 5 hour training session with the pro power lifting coach. and OMG my butt is sooooo sore from learning the box squat. If you want a bootie workout, google box squats and give that a try. It takes a lot to get me sore, and that did it.
My work xmas party is coming up on friday , i'm trying to figure out what to wear... i'm wanna go with a short black dress but i dont know if i have the confidence for that yet. I'm still trying to get used this body.

weight.png

#72 Lilly4

Lilly4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Sonya- go with the black dress and be proud- you've earned it!! :)

3bfecba6-7ec6-42b9-8429-a37ada2d70e3_zps

St. Patrick's Day Challenge- lost 5.9 pounds
Easter Challenge- lost 6 pounds

Memorial Day Challenge- lost 4.8 pounds

4th of July Challenge- lost .4 pound

c5d83bd5-c4ea-4eef-bb52-bc476accbc63_zps

Goal- between 130-133 pounds
Kristen

#73 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

I agree, Sonya; go with that black dress and strut your fine self. Have a blast, too!

Unfortunately, not much has changed for me pain wise, so I've been sticking to going on walks for exercise. I miss my T-Tapp, though. Walks are so boring for me. I'm hoping to be well enough to start up in another month or so.

3tKH.gif

#74 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hey you guys!
This thread is great. I love exercise, but I am really apathetic about it right now.

Sandy - I have heard of T-Tapp but those results could sell alot of DVD's you are one hot mama, 7 years ago and today. Another resource for people doing the same thing as you is on the video fitness forum, there are some dedicated ladies doing that program there too.

I am here to pledge to exercise 3 times per week, until the New Year :)

I think I am going to focus on my Jillian Michaels dvd's and Turbo Fire right now, maybe a firm dvd in there for fun. I am an exercise video fanatic can you tell? I also have insanity but I am not ready for that challenge yet, perhaps in the new year.

:)

Vivienne

Memorial Day Challenge - 6 lbs

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#75 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi Vivienne,

Are you talking about a video fitness forum here or on another website? I'd love to check it out if you have the link, but I'll look around here myself as well to find it. Thank you! And I am an exercise dvd addict, too. I hate gyms and exercising outdoors. I love that with the dvd I can exercise when I want, not have to drive to a certain destination, not have to wait in line or for someone to finish using a machine I want, not have to talk to anyone (I don't like to talk while working out), not have to worry about breathing in pollution, dogs or carrying around pepper spray when I walk outside, etc... I get to work out when I want and not have to worry about looking silly while doing it. Well, my dog laughs pretty hard, but at least she can't tell anyone about it later. ;)

All my best to you on sticking to your routine!

3tKH.gif

#76 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

sandy you are looking hot!! losing in all the right places

weight.png

#77 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi Vivienne,

Are you talking about a video fitness forum here or on another website? I'd love to check it out if you have the link, All my best to you on sticking to your routine!

Hi Sandy,

Sorry I wasn't very clear. Here is the link, careful though this website has enabled me to buy videos like crazy and I hardly go there anymore because I have enough! ;)

http://forum.videofitness.com/

Have fun :)

Thanks for your support btw!

Vivienne

Memorial Day Challenge - 6 lbs

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic