Photo

Hello - come & tell me about your day :)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hi friends,
I haven't been on the boards much lately. I posted a little bit a couple of weeks ago about losing motivation. I regained the motivation (thanks to this board among other things), and had a nice big loss. Last week I was up 0.8. It's a journey.
I have met a new man and this one has so much potential (I have been single for 2 years), and he seems to be health conscious and sensitive to the fact that I am doing Jenny.
I also signed up for a half-marathon clinic. I have been running since June, when I quit smoking and joined Jenny. I am terrified and excited to have this goal of running the race in February and training through a Canadian winter to do so.

Come and tell me how your day is. Sheila, how is maintenance going, what do your meals look like, do you still eat Jenny food or all MOMO's?

I have my weigh in tomorrow and I am excited I've had a really good week :)

Vivienne

Vivienne

Memorial Day Challenge - 6 lbs

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#2 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm on day two of my second half of my program and it's going really well. The only hard thing but I see it as a blessing in disguise is my lack of appetite. When I was in labor, I couldn't eat for almost 48 hours not sure if we would need to do surgery or not. Luckily I didn't need it but that compounded with grief has made me not too hungry. I am eating ALL my Jenny food but I don't feel it's as big an adjustment as it was the first time I started. I am although having more tummy aches (could be gas, could be cramping... either way, it's no fun) I am so happy to be back here and on my route to 165! ... or less... I'll see when I get there :) Heck, my first goal weight was 190 because I could never even have imagined that before.

You'll do great at your 5k. I walked my first last month while I was pregnant and had a blast.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#3 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Vivienne, congrats on yoru half marathon training! some day i will do a half marathon.
so to answer yoiur question, my day so far is great! eating on plan, i'm having my snack right now. And i spend an hour at the gym doing some ab exercises and yoga and mobility. And tonight we are going to a huge scary haunted house at the fairgrounds by my house. Should be fun and scary!

Faiza you will be at 165 before you know it! im' glad you are eating evetrythign even if you dont have an appetite, The right amount of the right food is nourishment we need to be healthy and lose weight, but you already know all this.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Vivienne, Glad you've regained your motivation! Wishing you all the best in your new relationship too!

I am going out to Dinner at Black Angus Steakhouse tonight with co-workers (one of them is leaving us after 8 years--she brought a lot of laughter to the workplace! Gonna miss her!)
So..I planned my day's meals by calorie count and so I had Greek yogurt and raspberries and a Vitatop for breakfast, having raw veggies for a snack, an Egg white omelet with mushrooms and bellpeppers for lunch with an appple with Walden Farms Caramel dip for snack, skipping my Anytime Bar but having a multivitamin. I love steak so I looked up the Nutritional info online and can have Filet Mignon, green house salad (no cheese, croutons) with Jenny salad dressing, a side of steamed broccoli with parmesan and a baked potato (no toppings.) No bread or dessert at the restaurant but I can still have my Jenny dessert later in the evening!
Oh, and putting in 45 minutes on the treadmill before going out to dinner..I love that I can plan to eat low cal most of the day and still eat a good dinner out. Very doable and I don't feel deprived!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#5 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm on day two of my second half of my program and it's going really well. The only hard thing but I see it as a blessing in disguise is my lack of appetite. When I was in labor, I couldn't eat for almost 48 hours not sure if we would need to do surgery or not. Luckily I didn't need it but that compounded with grief has made me not too hungry. I am eating ALL my Jenny food but I don't feel it's as big an adjustment as it was the first time I started. I am although having more tummy aches (could be gas, could be cramping... either way, it's no fun) I am so happy to be back here and on my route to 165! ... or less... I'll see when I get there :) Heck, my first goal weight was 190 because I could never even have imagined that before.

You'll do great at your 5k. I walked my first last month while I was pregnant and had a blast.

Hi Faiza,
You are amazing. I hope you are hanging in there. That's really good that you are eating all your Jenny food, I'm sorry you are feeling tummy aches. I still get really bad gas sometimes. Keep posting and thank you for sharing your story. I am reading your blog BTW.

My race is 21K lol, we'll see my clinic is 14 weeks to get me ready for that!! Right now I can run about 8 with no problem.

xox
Viv

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#6 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Vivienne, congrats on yoru half marathon training! some day i will do a half marathon.
so to answer yoiur question, my day so far is great! eating on plan, i'm having my snack right now. And i spend an hour at the gym doing some ab exercises and yoga and mobility. And tonight we are going to a huge scary haunted house at the fairgrounds by my house. Should be fun and scary!

Faiza you will be at 165 before you know it! im' glad you are eating evetrythign even if you dont have an appetite, The right amount of the right food is nourishment we need to be healthy and lose weight, but you already know all this.

Hey Sonya,

I badly need to do some cross-training, since I met the new guy I am really struggling even to get my runs in. Yoga is so awesome isn't it? What's your snack today?

Have fun at your haunted house, sounds like a blast!

Sonya, do you eat 100% your own food, you're at goal aren't you?

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#7 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Vivienne, Glad you've regained your motivation! Wishing you all the best in your new relationship too!

I am going out to Dinner at Black Angus Steakhouse tonight with co-workers (one of them is leaving us after 8 years--she brought a lot of laughter to the workplace! Gonna miss her!)
So..I planned my day's meals by calorie count and so I had Greek yogurt and raspberries and a Vitatop for breakfast, having raw veggies for a snack, an Egg white omelet with mushrooms and bellpeppers for lunch with an appple with Walden Farms Caramel dip for snack, skipping my Anytime Bar but having a multivitamin. I love steak so I looked up the Nutritional info online and can have Filet Mignon, green house salad (no cheese, croutons) with Jenny salad dressing, a side of steamed broccoli with parmesan and a baked potato (no toppings.) No bread or dessert at the restaurant but I can still have my Jenny dessert later in the evening!
Oh, and putting in 45 minutes on the treadmill before going out to dinner..I love that I can plan to eat low cal most of the day and still eat a good dinner out. Very doable and I don't feel deprived!

Hi Laura,Thanks, I am pretty much like a highschool kid right now. It has been a long time since I felt this spark!Your dinner sounds great. I like reading about planned meals out. I usually just wing it, my JCC is pretty lax about telling me how to plan out a meal at a restaurant. I usually aim to eat half. Mmmm Filet Mignon, you are making me hungry!!! Enjoy your night :) :)

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#8 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hey Sonya,

I badly need to do some cross-training, since I met the new guy I am really struggling even to get my runs in. Yoga is so awesome isn't it? What's your snack today?

Have fun at your haunted house, sounds like a blast!

Sonya, do you eat 100% your own food, you're at goal aren't you?

dont let new love get in the way of your running time!!!! us girls have to have our priorities straight. run first, then boyfriend time lol!

my snack today was a handful of wasabi peas, i love those things they are like crack!

i'm on 100% my own food, I'm not at the goal i originally picked at my first JC meeting, but i'm close enough that im happy where i'm at and i'm not gonna stress on those last 10 pounds. I'm gonna hang at maintenence for a while and in 6 months or a year i'll think about cutting calories again and losing the last ten. I think that being in a calorie deficit for so long (i was on 1500 for a year) makes it hard to lose those last ten due to our metabolism adjusting , so once i plateaued for more than a couple months, i called it good and gradually increaded my calories to a maint level ( from 1500 to about 2200) and i've been holding steady at 2200. i'll eventually drop back down to 1500 to lose those last pesky ten or 15 pounds. But for now, i just wanna eat !!!!

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm still eating JC and some MOMO. My JCC and I have decided to go slow (I'm still seeing her weekly)...might wanna lose more not sure yet? Still have lots of stuffed sands cause I bought a truck-load of the things...so I'll be on JC for a while in some fashion. So happy you have a new man in your life and hope things work out for you. It is nice to have a partner that cares about nutrition cause it will make things easier. My husband has been the same size since we married. Which will only benefit me cause now we can do activities that are healthy together. We want to live long healthy lives!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Back from my dinner out and thoroughly enjoyed it! Found that potatoes au gratin were less calories than the baked potato so had that instead...left a little on the plate just in case..delicious!!
I usually do the same as you Vivienne..eat only half my meal, but it was pretty easy preplanning low calorie meals and snacks today so I could have a great dinner that would fit into a 1200 calorie day ( with extra veggies of course!)
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#11 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

dont let new love get in the way of your running time!!!! us girls have to have our priorities straight. run first, then boyfriend time lol!

my snack today was a handful of wasabi peas, i love those things they are like crack!

i'm on 100% my own food, I'm not at the goal i originally picked at my first JC meeting, but i'm close enough that im happy where i'm at and i'm not gonna stress on those last 10 pounds. I'm gonna hang at maintenence for a while and in 6 months or a year i'll think about cutting calories again and losing the last ten. I think that being in a calorie deficit for so long (i was on 1500 for a year) makes it hard to lose those last ten due to our metabolism adjusting , so once i plateaued for more than a couple months, i called it good and gradually increaded my calories to a maint level ( from 1500 to about 2200) and i've been holding steady at 2200. i'll eventually drop back down to 1500 to lose those last pesky ten or 15 pounds. But for now, i just wanna eat !!!!

Sonya, you are soooo right. I definitely need to keep my priorities straight! I haven't felt this way in forever so it's hard not to want to shut out the rest of the world and just spend time with him. :) I am journalling though and I am definitely going to keep this committment to myself. As well, he encourages me to run, so I am sure it will all work out.

I like your attitude! You have obviously had an amazing journey and you look beautiful! :)

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#12 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'm still eating JC and some MOMO. My JCC and I have decided to go slow (I'm still seeing her weekly)...might wanna lose more not sure yet? Still have lots of stuffed sands cause I bought a truck-load of the things...so I'll be on JC for a while in some fashion. So happy you have a new man in your life and hope things work out for you. It is nice to have a partner that cares about nutrition cause it will make things easier. My husband has been the same size since we married. Which will only benefit me cause now we can do activities that are healthy together. We want to live long healthy lives!

Sheila,I will be watching your posts for maintenance tips. I definitely think you have to do what's right for you. How many of those breafast sandwiches did you buy!? LOL I love them too, I wonder how much they are and if I should also stockpile :) I do not worry about getting to goal, but I do worry about maintenance.:)

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#13 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Back from my dinner out and thoroughly enjoyed it! Found that potatoes au gratin were less calories than the baked potato so had that instead...left a little on the plate just in case..delicious!!
I usually do the same as you Vivienne..eat only half my meal, but it was pretty easy preplanning low calorie meals and snacks today so I could have a great dinner that would fit into a 1200 calorie day ( with extra veggies of course!)

That is amazing! I know I will come and ask you for some tips when I get to that point of planning my meals out better. I am a bit lax in that area I must admit. I am trying to think if I have any MOMO's this week that I need to plan...always better to go in with a plan (my WI is tonight):)

Vivienne

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users