Photo

While doing my exercise today...I had an accident!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

It wasn't the kind of accident you're probably thinking of: no I wasn't hurt...well just my pride!
I was at the pretty park today with all the trails and there is this hill at one point at the almost 1/2 way point so instead of walking down it I decided to run so I picked up speed and was hauling a$$ over and down this hill and as I was going down I was doing a pretty good clip there...but realized I better start to slow her on down...so it's kinda hard to describe but I was almost pounding my feet hard to get them to kinda land and stick that way I'd be able to stop...then guess what happened all the hard jarring from my feet effected me in an old lady kinda way...or you could even say in a very young little girl kinda way (cause that way sounds better) anywho: it was kinda hard to slow my speed down and as I was trying I started to "PEE" a little bit, thank God I wore my long pants. I sure in he!! was not gonna go back to the car I was this far, so I had to finish my walk-run with a wet crotch! You know how it is when you laugh too hard and kinda pee your pants, it was like that, but still it wasn't particularly comfortable either. So I finished my walk/run that way. I had just drank so much water and had even gone to the restroom prior, so my mishap made it hard to enjoy the rest of my exercise session.
Anybody else ever have this problem?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

I used to have urinary stress incontinence big time, Sheila. And, believe me, it didn't take much. A cough, sneeze, good laugh, even getting up from off the floor would do me in. And forget running or jumping! I even had to wear a pad while simply going for a long walk. I put up with it for 20 years, then 3 years ago I finally had the surgery to correct the problem. One of the best things I ever did for myself besides my breast reduction surgery many years ago.

Funny thing is, I still hold my legs tightly together when I sneeze, out of sheer habit, not because I need to. :D

At least you just peed a little bit. If that had been me over 3 years ago, I would have opened the flood gates.

z53b48b110194f.gif

weight.png

sun.gif Join the Summer Slim-Down Challenge here:http://community.jen...-challenge-☀/  sun.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#3 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

oh yes, this is/was a common problem for me! It used to be a whole lot worse. As ive lost weight and gotten in better shape its only about once a month instead of 10 times a day. I would wear a dayliner all the time.
I'm glad you kept running and did your run!!! i've definately done that before, i've even had to dive in the bushes and pee and wipe with leaves when i'm out on a run. We gotta do what we gotta do, right?

Sandy, what surgery did you have? i would totally get that surgery if i was a candidate. I figured it was a hormonal thing.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sheila,
Entertaining story and yes, been there! Not while exercising, but just the typical times,like sneezing, coughing, laughing..and heaven forbid I don't go use the bathroom at the first sign I need to go...I once waited a little too long at work and had to throw out my undies because they were soaked! Pretty embarrassing but what can you do? I would love to age gracefully....
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#5 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Sonya, I had the urethral sling surgery. You have to get tested first to see if it is necessary and, I'm guessing, which surgery would benefit you best. I loved my doctor; she was awesome. I am so relieved not to have to wear liners daily and pads when I knew I'd be doing heavy lifting or exercising. I blame my kiddos for ruining me down there, but they're pretty great girls, so I can't complain, too much. ;)

z53b48b110194f.gif

weight.png

sun.gif Join the Summer Slim-Down Challenge here:http://community.jen...-challenge-☀/  sun.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#6 babyrn86

babyrn86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

I thought of you Sheila when I saw this today...:)

http://www.suddenval...ieast/?oid=7986

Janet

Restart 5/6/14                                                        

SW: 273.6 lbs 

CW: 267

Week 1: -3.2 lbs

Week 2: -0.4 lbs

Week 3: -3 lbs

July 4th Challenge: Goal - 10 lbs

Week 1: -3 lbs

#7 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Janet...now I'm not kidding that thing is cool!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users