• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

So my second week back on the wagon was not as successful as I had hoped. I lost one pound, which I really should be happy about considering how bad I was! I started writing on the forum, so I would force myself to be honest...so as embarrassing as this confession will be, I'm going to be honest.

I was totally on track the first 4-5 days, and then my friend's restaurant opened. I have to go support her first restaurant...right? I could have ordered the salad, but she is an amazing chef and I wanted to sample a bit.... So I ordered the pimiento cheese and sliced baguette to share with my mom. Then I ordered a turkey sandwich with curry and pear compote, but "I'll eat half and box the rest." Mom and I got to talking and all of a sudden the sandwich was M.I.A. Then the waitress asked if we wanted dessert. Well, I have to try one of her desserts! I'm being supportive...right? Thank God they were out of the brownies. I ate my chocolate chip cookie and told myself this was a special treat and I was supporting my friend.

After lunch I went to pick up the little boy I nanny. When we got back to the house, I put him down for his nap and flipped on the tv, but I noticed 2 large paper bags on either side of the fireplace. I looked inside to see what was with the grocery bags in the living room. Each bag was half full of Halloween candy. You've got to be kidding me! They are a family of healthy eaters, so I was hoping they would be the ones that pass out toothbrushes. #$*! To my credit I did not eat the whole bags. I had maybe 5 bite size candy bars and told myself they really weren't anything spectacular that I needed to ruin my diet for.... Then the next day I ate 5 more. Suggestions? I am at this house 2 days a week and eating friggin' bell peppers slices are really not going to distract me.

Oh yeah, and I went to McDonald's. I said I was going to be honest, right? Maybe I shouldn't be complaining about only losing 1 pound this week.
Kate

Start weight: 210
Week 1 (back on the wagon): 209

#2 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

O.K Kate...it's tough love time here! Cause when you come on here and confess you're asking our opinions so here is mine. I don't think you're ready to make the commitment to lose weight. It just doesn't sound like you are ready. You already knew what a great cook your friend was before you went to her restaurant and you also must have known in the back of your mind ordering that food at her restaurant meant that you were probably gonna eat it. Eating Halloween candy isn't gonna help you get the results your wanting either and well Mc Donald's...unless you had salad and with you not saying what you ate there tells me we missed the mark on that one too! Why would you spend this kinda money for JC and not put in the work? Don't you wanna kiss 209 on the scale good-bye? I also wonder if you do lose the weight are you willing to make the lifestyle change to hit maintenance and stay there? These are all questions only you can answer. Some people don't have the willpower to do this. I didn't eat "ANY" Halloween candy last year, not one piece. I realize that might be extreme but that is me. I'm either all in or I'm not. I had a party and didn't eat any of the food and ate my JC meal while everybody ate the food I'd worked my butt off for days to prepare. I went to restaurants and sent my food back 3 times till they prepared it correctly, cause I wasn't gonna eat it unless it was by the JC guidelines. You see I started out at 209 also and hit maintenance recently but it was with blood, sweat and tears that I did it. You've gotta want to do this more than you wanna have a party in your mouth!!! The JC food is enough and you get a dessert everyday...isn't that enough for you? You have to decide for yourself if this is something you "WANT" to do? It isn't a question of can you do this. Anybody can if they make the choice to do it. So do you wanna wear a size 10? Do you want to get healthy so that when you get older you don't have lots of medical problems because of what you've been putting in your body? Believe me the food doesn't taste as good as the way I feel when I open my closet and take out my clothes that fit and look good on me! No more hiding my figure thinking others can't see how out of control I was. I hope you get on board cause it is the best feeling in the world. You'll never regret it. Stop the madness, stop the regrets: it can be done but only if you DECIDE to do this. You can't do what you've always done cause you will get what you've always gotten: meaning you can't eat whatever you want and lose the weight. Follow JC and let her and us get you to where you want and need to be! Start right now this very minute by telling your employer to put the Halloween candy away so you aren't tempted! That would be an excellent start!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Zing! I do appreciate suggestions, opinions, and constructive criticism, but shaming me isn't what I would call "support." A_red_dress, I was tempted to just delete my post all together because you made me feel like being honest was not such a good idea; however, the link to view and edit my profile is not working. I write the way I talk and sometimes that involves a dose of humor. My post was intended to be honest and a little humorous because I seriously doubt I am the only member who has struggled this time of year. I have thought about the fact that I am spending so much money on this plan and should follow it for that reason if for nothing else. I have mentioned that very same thing to my Jenny Craig counselor, as well as my former eating disorder, the binging part of which can be difficult to completely overcome. Yet another reason why I am doing Jenny. I went to my good friend's restaurant because it would be weird if I didn't. Yes, I could have ordered a salad or asked for just a dish of lemons, so I own that. You are clearly the better weight loser, and if anyone needs advice, then I will tell them I am just doing Jenny Craig because I like wasting money and point them in your direction. I think that's awesome that you are so dedicated to the plan. That is your journey. This is mine. You are an inspiration; however, your people skills are somewhat lacking. I am ready to lose the weight. I had a couple days where my willpower went out the window, and if I am the only person that has happened to, then I will gladly admit I am in the wrong place.
Kate

#4 LosingLinds

LosingLinds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi Kate! I'm with you sister! I too have had a rough few weeks and fallen off the wagon but am back on now!! We are all human and we all have days (or weeks) where we don't eat as well as we should to lose weight. It's all part of the process. Yes, we are paying a lot of money but we are still human and still have the same issues we had when we signed up. Unfortuntately, paying for a diet program doesn't automatically make you lose weight, if it did mine would be gone. ;) We still have to work on our issues (for me it's stress eating and emotional eating) and it's a daily struggle but we can do it!! I think we are both in the right place, we just need to recommit every single day!! I am working on it too so I can relate!

Perfect example - I had sworn I would stay on plan yesterday but caved to pressure go to happy hour. Still, I told myself I didn't have to eat anything. Ha, yeah right. I ate a ton of crap. This time luckily I did not let it throw me into a hate spiral like I would have in the past. I got up this morning and did my Insanity and had a good breakfast so I'm movin on. We still have to live. Personally, I think not having a singe piece of Hallowen candy is too extreme for me. That's my personal opinion. I applaud anyone else who can do it and would never judge anyone's method for losing weight. Some believe it's black and white, some like a little wiggle room because they still want to have fun. The poster above is obviously super successful - which is awesome and admirable- but that doesn't mean everyone has to do it that way.

I also do not think it's helpful to tell someone, "I don't think you're ready to make the committment to lose weight." That will only make someone feel bad and doubt herself, which is unneccesasry. Also, a_red_dress, you don't know the OP so it's not quite fair to make that statement. I know you were trying to help with tough love but I think we should be about encouragement and positive words here :)

Kate sounds ready to me. And so am I!! It's a different journey for everyone right!?

Happy Friday to everyone and here's to a healthy weekend!

~Lindsey~

"Can you do it for today? Just for today?"  YES I CAN!!!!!

Halloween Challenge

SW: 192

GW: 179

FW: 187

Lost: 5 lbs

New Year's Challenge

SW: 187

CW: 186

GW: 177

weight.png

Week 1:  -4.2

Week 2:  +0.2

Week 3:  -2.6

Week 4:  -0.6

Week 5:  -----

Week 6:  +0.8

Week 7:  -----

Week 8:  +3.8

Week 9:   -2.5

Week 10: -0.6

Week 11:

Week 12:

#5 Cranky1

Cranky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Kate, you rock! A pound off is a pound off and better off than on!

The restaurant is over and done with......I just had a lunch out a one of my favorite restaurants. I also planned on what to order before I got there, but I also saved my morning snack and actually ate it on the way to the restaurant. Next time try that. Next time, you will have more success, I'm sure of it. :)

Ask those parents to hide that *)&^ candy! It may be hard to resist but I'm sure you wouldn't ransack their house looking for it. The kids shouldn't have unrestricted access to it anyway. Yeah, that's it......blame it on the kids! ;) (hiding it, not eating it. )

Joined JC 10/3/2013
SW: 179.2
CW: 162.8

weight.png

December 2013

2013ChristmasPartySmall-1.jpg

March 2014

Meathome.jpg

MeampNinaWithOurShoozSmall.jpg

#6 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Thanks girl! You probably said it much more gracefully than I did. I can be a little outspoken sometimes. My mom would be saying "Katesie!" if she were reading this, haha. I'm glad you are taking it day by day. That's what you gotta do. As long as you keep truckin' I don't think slipping is inexcusable, especially when you are the only one in your family or group of friends who is dieting. As I frequently tell my boyfriend, encouragement is so much more motivating than criticism. Congratulations on losing your 10 pounds! That is huge! I felt like a rockstar when I lost the first 10. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks for your kind words. Makes me feel like less of a "loser!"
Kate

#7 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

LOL thanks Cranky! I don't necessarily rock, but I appreciate the support. Asking the parents to relocate the candy on behalf of the kids is a great idea. I didn't really know how to say, "Can you please hide the candy because I cannot control myself?" The 3 year old does ask for it, so that is a good excuse. Blame the 3 year old for the 28 year old's lack of self control, haha. Congratulations on your 9 1/2 pounds! 10 pounds in 3 weeks is really exciting!
Kate

#8 Cranky1

Cranky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks Kate, I'm thrilled with it myself! I'm hypothyroid so even with proper medication I have no guarantees of losing weight. This is an awesome program and it looks like it's going to work even with my crazy work schedule because the preplanned menus take a lot of the decision making out of it for me.

Joined JC 10/3/2013
SW: 179.2
CW: 162.8

weight.png

December 2013

2013ChristmasPartySmall-1.jpg

March 2014

Meathome.jpg

MeampNinaWithOurShoozSmall.jpg

#9 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Oh geeze, im' just gonna tell you straight up.... if you want the program to work you have to follow the program and not let any excuses get in the way. NO EXCUSES. Saying you are supporting your friends new restaurant is just an excuse to eat, part of this journey is getting the strength to say "no thank you" or to order healthy appropriate portion size choices. Its time to step back and ask/demand, those around you to support YOU this time and not put food in front of you.
It may take you several months to be able to go out to restaurants and have the strength to make those choices, so until that time do not put temptation in your face.
Why are you eating candy and even stepping foot in mcdonalds? come on, do you want this to work? PUt in some time , make some effort and it will get easier. There will come a time when you can have a few pieces of candy, but right now isn't that time. Give the program at least 3 months of 100% effort, 3 months isn't that long, just do it. And in 3months if you aren't happy with the changes happening, then you can go eat allthe candy and mcdonalds you want. but i can almost guarantee if you put forth 100% effort, you will gain momentum and make this work. sorry i sound like a *****, but i'm the bitchy one. Either you want this or you dont. And dont go to mcdonalds, ever. Go home and make a sandwich instead.
So now start fresh this moment, whats happened has happened, keep moving foward and you'll get there. This is more of a mental challenge than a physical challenge. Be strong.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#10 LosingLinds

LosingLinds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Wow there is a lot of tough love on this forum lol!

~Lindsey~

"Can you do it for today? Just for today?"  YES I CAN!!!!!

Halloween Challenge

SW: 192

GW: 179

FW: 187

Lost: 5 lbs

New Year's Challenge

SW: 187

CW: 186

GW: 177

weight.png

Week 1:  -4.2

Week 2:  +0.2

Week 3:  -2.6

Week 4:  -0.6

Week 5:  -----

Week 6:  +0.8

Week 7:  -----

Week 8:  +3.8

Week 9:   -2.5

Week 10: -0.6

Week 11:

Week 12:

#11 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

:) i'm always good for some tough love!! someones gotta do it.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

weight.png

#12 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

LosingLinds, I guess you could call it tough love. I didn't realize the 2 days I ate non-Jenny food meant I "don't want this to work" and I'm "not ready to lose weight." Man, if everyone was honest and documented their slips, then this would turn into a place people go to quit trying. A_red_dress and Sonya feel better about themselves criticizing those of us who happen to slip once in a while because they did it "the right way." I thought the point of this forum was to be honest and gain support from our peers, but God forbid anyone admit to having a couple bad days. I didn't realize this was a **** measuring contest. I think I will refrain from posting my progress in the future, as I didn't realize what kind of "support" I would be receiving. Best of luck girls.
Kate

#13 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'm all for tough love because I like that approach used on me as well, but I think we should respect the fact that Kate does not respond well to that approach. That approach used on people like me will drive me harder, but on people who don't like it, it might drive them further into the wrong direction.

Just sayin'.

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#14 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Kate, I hope that doesn't mean that you are going to stop posting entirely. Please feel free to come join us in the Thanksgiving challenge (link in my siggy). Challenges are very motivating, fun and help keep you accountable. Hope to see you there!

3MXs.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#15 kristinamdillon

kristinamdillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Kate, I really hope you don't stop posting on the forums. Some of this tough "love" was really below the belt, I don't think there's anything bad about being honest with yourself, and all of us. Even if what you're being honest about is less than ideal. I try to take it one day at a time. You really just have to figure out how to motivate yourself and keep your own momentum going. I try to have one perfect day at a time. Eventually that will lead to a week, and then to a month. I did this battling my binge eating disorder, and I've been binge free for 3 months. I'll repeat what Sandy said, come join us in the Thanksgiving challenge! Everyone is pretty friendly (from what I've seen in previous ones) and they offer some pretty good advice and are also pretty good cheerleaders. Hopefully we'll see you there!

KRISTINA

#16 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Kate and Lindsey,
We are here to support you! You will find all kinds of people contributing on these forums, each with a different point of view and each with their own way of encouraging you on your journey.. Expect lots of love, and yes, some advice that may be tough to hear!....I too hope you will join us in the Thanksgiving Challenge and continue posting!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.
10/24/14. 145.5. Snacking too much lately! Darn those nighttime cravings! Back on track and aim to lose these extra
couple of lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#17 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I hate to tell you this.....but those of us who have had success with JC are going to give you the 'tough love'. We have been on these forums a LONG time and have seen every excuse there is for people behaving badly. You have to realize every time you make an excuse for making the wrong food choice you are resorting to the bad habit that got you here in the first place. The way to lose is to get rid of those bad habits. I am totally with a red dress and Sonya, get yourself together and focus, look deep within yourself to truly understand the serious consequences of staying over weight. It's not a joking matter, I think you know being over weight isn't fun or funny and has terrible health risks. Once the weight starts really coming off you will feel good about yourself in so many ways. Good luck, I really hope you can do this.

Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

3.5 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]P1020021.jpg

#18 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

People aren't always gonna tell you what you want to hear, but if you stop and listen some people will tell you what you need to hear. If your post was meant to be funny, I'm sorry I didn't find it humorous at all. At 209 it's pretty serious. I don't think a two day binge is funny at all nor do I think it's a reason to give up. If you want this to work, that's up to you. But if you wanna make a mockery of the program and then call out me and Sheila for being honest , and start a thread war, that's up to you too. This thread has evolved into more that a binge confession, think deep about the real issues going on. You are playing the victim and sabotaging your own weight loss. I won't apologize for this harsh post, cuz I mean everything I say. I'm not gonna tell you it's ok to go off the plan , because it's not ok. But I will tell you to keep trying, one day at time. And if you read the posts of the people that are successful on the program you will learn a lot about how to make this journey work for you.

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

weight.png

#19 comptonphoto

comptonphoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm sorry this escalated to the point it has. I think to post on the forum, one needs to be more thick-skinned than I am. Just realize what you say can affect someone who is already in a vulnerable place. Reading a few of the responses actually made me tear up, as lame as that sounds because I felt like my character was being attacked. I don't think it's beneficial for me to participate in a forum if it is just going to cause me more anxiety and self-doubt. I think all of you girls who are making these steps are awesome, and those who have reached their goals are inspirational. Maybe I will post when I get closer to my goal, just to show others I did it and they can too.
Kate

#20 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

Kate,
Continue on the program, it's the best! Good luck, I wish you success!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.
10/24/14. 145.5. Snacking too much lately! Darn those nighttime cravings! Back on track and aim to lose these extra
couple of lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users