• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seattleislander

Seattleislander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I mistakenly posted this in waste of money topic. am reposting.
  • Not a waste for me. Not many here posting in age 60 and over. I started a month ago and have lost 7 pounds, 4 the first week and a pound each week after. At my age, I am happy. I have noticed there are a lot of potatoes in the meals I choose, which I eat very little of at breakfast. There are lots of pasta meals on the diet and I'm not a huge pasta fan. Will do some mac and cheese and lasagna. Both are filling. Like to dump mac and cheese on steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Very filling. Love the frozen food. For me, the shelf food except chicken salad is vile. Bigger than the pounds lost is the loss in body inches. 7.5 inches in 3 weeks, arms, bust, waist, stomach and hips. Nothing much in thighs and calves. I am happy so far. Am eating all JC. No My Days. Thought it would be easier to just go in whole hog. <g> Have only eaten off the diet once, last Sat night at PF Changs, where the food counts were horrid. Will probably not lose much this week, though I've added more exercise and have worked my meals so I'm still where I need to be for the weekly calorie count. I was very surprised that JC did not have a phone app. Am using my Lose It!, which I love. Allows me to keep a running total.

#2 ILUVLUCYFAN

ILUVLUCYFAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I will be 56 years old next month and I had been searching for a weight loss plan that really works. After having 4 children, the last one at age 39 and entering into perimenopause and now menopause my weight steadily went up year after year. Jenny Craig has been the best thing that I could have possibly done for myself. My goal is to lose 30 pounds. I have lost 7 pounds in 6 weeks. This is amazing. I do my own days on the weekends and follow the guidelines closely. I do my own breakfasts now and only have Jenny lunches, dinners, and snack. I am feeling better and my clothes are starting to fit better. I am so glad that I started this weight loss journey with Jenny Craig!

#3 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi, I'm 58 and have been on Jenny since May of this year and have lost a total of 37 lbs. I love love this program. I still love the food and the ease of doing the program. I volumize with lots of veggies and because I have a big sweet tooth I love having desserts for my snack at night and french toast and blueberry mini loaf and cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
You both will find much to inspire and encouragment when you need it so continue to check out the forums and continue posting and letting us know how you are doing on program. Welcome to Jenny Craig!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#4 Seattleislander

Seattleislander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'm 64 and am used to losing slowly. After 60, pounds, which all huddle together around the midriff, move off with all the speed of a glacier. My goal was 35 pounds by the end of Jan 2014, but it might take a little longer. Love the food. I'm okay with slow and steady. It's all about health, and fitting back in the jeans I had taken in. I broke my leg walking too many consecutive days on concrete last year and I gained 15 pounds from that. Had lost 7 of it before I started JC. So my first mini goal is to get down to where I was Sept 2012, when I broke my leg and and lived in a cast for 3.5 months. After that, the next mini goal will be to fit comfortably into the jeans I had taken in. Giving myself mini goals makes it not feel like a long haul. After a month, I'm back on better portion control. Sometimes I cannot finish the JC meal.
Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users