8 replies to this topic

#1 SweetMegz04

SweetMegz04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hello All!
I have been struggling with weight for as long as I remember.
I have considered JC in the Past and ended up going with WW- but didn't stick with it.

I was in a car accident in January and shifted a disc in my neck- so my exercise has gone way way down! this time last year I made a commitment to lose the 100 lbs I need to lose and instead I gained weight!! So this year, I want to change.. I want this time next year to be me at my best!

A Lady where I work has been on JC for about a month now I think?
She is looking so awesome! I really am seeing such a difference in her.
What made me think about JC again was she hasn't slipped up- she says the food is fabulous!!

I would like to feel that happiness and accomplishment of not giving in or giving up.
So I am considering it. I was thinking of using Lean Cusine Meals, Smart One's Desserts & WW cakes/treats with low fat yogurt and veggies to get on a routine prior to taking the JC leap.

No to mention the cost is holding me back- I wouldn't be able to fully commit cost wise until November. The first week in November sooo it's coming up!

Any advice or recommendations would be amazing.

Thank you in Advance.

~Meg

#2 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I say go for it as soon as you can. I saI say go for it as soon as you can. It is a wonderfully successful program. The food is good but the support is what keeps you motivated. Use the Jenny center but also use this forum for support. You can sub the other types of meals until you get started but you need to follow a restricted calorie but balanced diet. You should make an appointment with a center and talk to them about cost. They can work with you to find a plan 5on 2/off and others that you might be able to start sooner. Skipping the anytime bars and soupitizers will save you money. Your counselor can tell you what to sub for those items. But if you wait November is just right around the corner. You decided to make a change and that's a big part of the battle. Best of luck.

#3 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'd jump in as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take to drop the weight. You can work with any budget on the plan. I found it's actually a little chaper for me to be on JC because I no longer buy lunches at restaurants. I used to think nothing of paying $10 a day for lunch. And dinners out are not an option except four times a month (that's all I allow myself) so I've saved money there too. You can choose cheaper options, your JCC will be able to work with you. Good luck and I can't wait to hear your success story!

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#4 CJforMe

CJforMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Jenny is definitely worth the money! But I completely understand wanting to wait until you can afford it - I had to do the same thing. Until you can afford the cost, start eating a ton of non-starchy vegetables with your other meals (lean cuisines, etc...). Good luck, and can't wait for you to join Jenny! :D
Week 11 (10/07/13): -0.5 lbs (-12.9 total)
Week 10 (10/01/13): No weigh in

BMI = 35.8 as of Week 9 (down 2 points!!)
Week 9 (09/24/13): -1.4 lbs (-12.4 lbs total)
Week 8 (09/17/13): -0.0 lbs (-11.0 lbs total)
Week 7 (09/10/13): -0.8 lbs (-11.0 lbs total)
Week 6 (09/03/13): -1.6 lbs (-10.2 lbs total)

Down 8 inches as of Week 5!!!
Week 5 (08/27/13): -1.2 lbs (-8.6 lbs total)
Week 4 (08/20/13): -2.2 lbs (-7.4 lbs total)
Week 3 (08/13/13): -0.2 lbs (-5.2 lbs total)
Week 2 (08/06/13): -3.2 lbs (-5 lbs total)

11/14/13: -.8 lbs (-14.8 total) BMI = 37.8 at Starting Weight
11/05/13: -14 total Week 1 (07/30/13): -1.8 lbs (-1.8 lbs total)

SW: 227.4 - 07/30/13 Goals met: 215 (09/24/13)
CW: 212.6
GW: 165.0
Current goal: 210
Half-way goal: 195

#5 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

[i]Meg I think there is a special that if the girl at work refers you I think you both get something (it might be $25.00 each worth of food)? Just not sure...call JC and ask about it![/i]
[i]I would definately do the 5/2 plan.[/i]
[i]5 days of JC food and 2 days on your own...which teaches you from the beginning how to do meals on your own within the JC guidelines! This food is fantastic...so I'd join ASAP! The sooner the better cause the new you is just waiting to come out! Also I didn't exercise at the beginning but followed the plan to a T and drank lots of water, it felt like the weight just melted off! [/i]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 renna78

renna78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

I just rejoined after a bit of a hiatus and I was surprised to hear that the membership fee went down (I live in Ontario, not sure about other states/provinces). It used to be more than $300 but it was only $50 for me as a returning client, but I was told it's $100 for a new person. As someone already mentioned, there are also $25 discounts that you might be able to get and you never know if you don't ask! The food can be a little expensive but there are ways to make it cheaper. For example, I like the muffins for breakfast just fine, and they are much cheaper than say, the french toast meal. I try to fit in a mix of less expensive options with the more pricey ones to keep my grocery bill within a certain amount.
Good luck.
Posted Image

#7 morgan12

morgan12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Dear Friends: Trying to decide the best option for this phrase in my journey and if JC is the way to go - Here's my story: I have finally reached 100 pounds lost actually 101 to be exact !!! It took a lil over 2 years but once I started being consistence and stop cheating it became easier over time ! I still have a ways to go before I get to my goal weight of 160 lbs. but I'm taking it one pound at a time! I lost the weight via daily exercising, clean eating, training for two 5k races and prayer.

#8 lupita angeles

lupita angeles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Great idea! Jump start on ur own and when you can and still want u can join jc 😀

#9 Wiggles & shakes

Wiggles & shakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Just do it! I joined and the food is wonderful. At the end of day 1 I did not have any cravings; I promised myself that I would exercise even if it was only 20 min a day. I started with 25 X 2. Everybody can walk; if not, whatever your doctor recommends. The food is awesome. If you find it too expensive, maybe you can choose one to have at home during the day. I don't know how this works but with the recipes on this site, you should be able to do this. I would think in the beginning you would want to use their food to understand portion control. This also allows them to understand you better. You really would have to be precise if you are making your own meals. If you buy a frozen dinner at the store for convenience you might as well have a JC! I don't have to have my food shipped so that saves on my costs. If you are serious about WL I would not hesitate. You owe it to yourself to give this a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users