3 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky1

Cranky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

I finished my first week yesterday. I lost 6 lbs! (go me!)

I am very happy with that and have spent some time today looking at pictures on the internet of "five pounds of fat". Really motivates you to burn through more of that stuff.

I cannot tell a lie, week one was not easy. Especially towards the end.

I am already sick of salads with no bacon, cheese or good tasting dressing. And by yesterday evening I was very, very hungry. I read here in the forums about rutabaga fries and made some but was not overly impressed, (I didn't have any ketchup in the house .....that would have helped).........although I will say a two pound rutabaga did fill the empty spot in my middle that felt like it was trying to eat me from the inside out. :blink:

Joined JC 10/3/2013
SW: 179.2
CW: 162.8

weight.png

December 2013

2013ChristmasPartySmall-1.jpg

March 2014

Meathome.jpg

MeampNinaWithOurShoozSmall.jpg

#2 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

lol Congrats on the 6 lb loss! That first week really is a motivator. I feel your pains about the salads. If I eat another one I feel like I am going to be sick. Change it up and eat something else. I don't even eat salads anymore. Maybe one a month and I pour the turkey chili over it. I just cook a whole bunch of veggies in the oven or sauté on the stove with I Can't believe It's Not Butter. Helps me get all my veggies in for the day and curb that hunger. And best yet, NO SALADS! Seriously, I can't eat a salad without stuff on it. Just isn't my thing. So if I was going to stay on plan I knew I had to find something else.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

WI1: -2.4 lbs

WI2: -3.0 lbs

WI3: -0.8 lbs

WI4:

Total: -6.2 lbs

#3 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

congrats on a first great week! its hard at first, i had to tell myself "fake it until you make it" the change up in foods is hard but you will get used to it, you'll learn to love veggies and how to make salads that are actually tasty. there are unlimiteds you can add in a salad that spice it up and are better choices than what we were used to. I add a tbs of blue cheese, some chopped walnuts, a handful of turkey , things like that. And the jc dressing, i mix the two kinds together and its a better flavor. Salads aren't my favorite but when i do make one, i make it really delicious. It just takes time to figure out how to flavor up things. Give it some time, and come to the forums often for tips and tricks and ideas and to share your progress.
Keep up the good work!

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#4 Cranky1

Cranky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thank you Gwen and Sonya for the tips and encouragement. Still figuring out how to follow posts here and the site upgrade has interfered with replying, but again, thank you so much!

Joined JC 10/3/2013
SW: 179.2
CW: 162.8

weight.png

December 2013

2013ChristmasPartySmall-1.jpg

March 2014

Meathome.jpg

MeampNinaWithOurShoozSmall.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users